Best Nintendo Console

Best Nintendo Console

• Total voters

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
NES was it. SNES was great, no doubt but NES was the thing. Like someone mentioned earlier, parents would call anything video game related Nintendo, just like before when everything was called ATARI. SNES is all beautiful and shiny but I feel some games left the gameplay aspect alone, graphics evolved but gameplay did very little. NES maximize on the gameplay aspect, the got all the juice they could out of that unit.

You think of a better game than Batman Sunsoft City for SNES, what about a better game than Ninja Gaiden? Run Saber isn't it, Hagane isn't it, so what is it? The only platformer I felt evolved was Super Mario World, lots of series just went obsicure never to be seen again and developers gave into more buttons to do things but the gameplay took a few step backwards. I mean Super Castlevania 4 was awesome, so was Megaman X series and Super Turrican but that's borderline the same as the NES counterparts...maybe with a bit more flair but not by much.

I can't complaint about the SNES, I love it, I just don't feel it's better than NES.

The NES was our medieval gaming period, epic, poetic and restored the foundation from the fall of antiquity. But the SNES is Shakespeare, not as innovative, but it took what the NES did and made it beautiful.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The NES was our medieval gaming period, epic, poetic and restored the foundation from the fall of antiquity. But the SNES is Shakespeare, not as innovative, but it took what the NES did and made it beautiful.

So it's Beowulf vs Macbeth? Not a match..... Struggle.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

In some ways, like Shakespeare, SNES took some steps backwards in terms of what video games used to be. All show, sometimes go, sometimes no go, sometimes a total stop. Beautiful games played meh. It's all about the games right? At least for me it always is. NES has a bigger list of great games than any other Nintendo system, that should tell you what the best system is.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol @ comparing Nintendo consoles when it's clear the first is the best.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Like everyone else said...

Wavebird.jpg

This thing is still one of the best controllers ever made. Some of you guys can hate on the cube all you want but it's still up there for me with an amazing library of titles to choose from. And this thing...

hqdefault.jpg

Seals the deal.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have to say, you know something is good when it generates this kind of passion from people. If Nintendo is anything, they are definitely one of the largest pieces in gaming history.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I have to say, you know something is good when it generates this kind of passion from people. If Nintendo is anything, they are definitely one of the largest pieces in gaming history.

You're confusing "passion" with "arguing the same points over and over and going nowhere".

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah Smokes...passion went out the window 6 pages ago bud.

This sadly is the truth. While I'm passionate about my games I enjoy there will always be someone who just has to hate on something just to hate.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This sadly is the truth. While I'm passionate about my games I enjoy there will always be someone who just has to hate on something just to hate.
If you think the hate is just to hate, you are willfully blind. That is so fucking disingenuous. If someone was giving GameCube this hard a time, that would be hate just to hate. If someone was hating WiiU this much, that would be blind fanboism. But not quite as blind as the fanboism of defending to the death the console that turned Nintendo into a fringe player.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
If you think the hate is just to hate, you are willfully blind. That is so fucking disingenuous. If someone was giving GameCube this hard a time, that would be hate just to hate. If someone was hating WiiU this much, that would be blind fanboism. But not quite as blind as the fanboism of defending to the death the console that turned Nintendo into a fringe player.

Your argument is one of faith, you're like the dwarves in the last battle. The very argument people have against the SNES being a prettier but shallower NES you could posit to the Gamecube being a prettier but shallower N64. But its pointless, you've structured your entire universe around the one true fact that N64 is the worst nintendo console ever made. This isn't an opinion for you, its a law like gravity.

That basically makes you dead to me, I have no use for zealots. Welcome to the ignore list.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Your argument is one of faith, you're like the dwarves in the last battle. The very argument people have against the SNES being a prettier but shallower NES you could posit to the Gamecube being a prettier but shallower N64.
You absolutely could not. GameCube has a much better, more diverse library than N64. GC is also the point where Ninendo began wooing back third party support, thereby beginning the long climb back towards relevance. GameCube also succeeded in terms of hardware, delivering good-looking 3D which N64 promised but failed at.

you've structured your entire universe around the one true fact that N64 is the worst console ever made.
You are a blind idiot who can't read, and uses the ignore function like a chickenshit to hide from opinions that challenge your myopic worldview. I've never said the Nintendo 64 is the worst console ever made. If it was, I would not have bought one. There are MANY worse consoles in existence. All I've been doing, if you ever decide to take your bloated meat head out of your ass and read, is point out the console's severe limitations in terms of games, plus overwhelmingly negative effect on the company, thereby rendering it the one choice completely invalid to be considered Nintendo's BEST console. You, being a pea-brain, have equated "definitely not the best Ninendo console" with "worst console ever made by anyone."

lol@ "Welcome to the ignore list." What a pussy. I don't see what the difference is when you've shown yourself incapable of reading the posts correctly anyway.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
You absolutely could not. GameCube has a much better, more diverse library than N64. GC is also the point where Ninendo began wooing back third party support, thereby beginning the long climb back towards relevance. GameCube also succeeded in terms of hardware, delivering good-looking 3D which N64 promised but failed at.

You are a blind idiot who can't read, and uses the ignore function like a chickenshit to hide from opinions that challenge your myopic worldview. I've never said the Nintendo 64 is the worst console ever made. If it was, I would not have bought one. There are MANY worse consoles in existence. All I've been doing, if you ever decide to take your bloated meat head out of your ass and read, is point out the console's severe limitations in terms of games, plus overwhelmingly negative effect on the company, thereby rendering it the one choice completely invalid to be considered Nintendo's BEST console. You, being a pea-brain, have equated "definitely not the best Ninendo console" with "worst console ever made by anyone."

lol@ "Welcome to the ignore list." What a pussy. I don't see what the difference is when you've shown yourself incapable of reading the posts correctly anyway.

Apologies, I fixed my post. Even so, you're a zealot. You refuse to accept that some people might just have their favorite games on the N64, why would they give a shit about 3rd party support, or any other factor. If best is the console with the highest quantity of your favorite games, then thats what matters... its a subjective opinion. You telling people they are wrong is like telling someone he's wrong for having green as their favorite color.

You're not wrong for putting the N64 last in your list, you're wrong for your attitude towards everyone else.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Apologies, I fixed my post. Even so, you're a zealot. You refuse to accept that some people might just have their favorite games on the N64, why would they give a shit about 3rd party support, or any other factor. If best is the console with the highest quantity of your favorite games, then thats what matters... its a subjective opinion. You telling people they are wrong is like telling someone he's wrong for having green as their favorite color.

You're not wrong for putting the N64 last in your list, you're wrong for your attitude towards everyone else.

If you believe subjective opinion can't be argued with supporting reasoning then why have you entered the discussion?

It may surprise you to learn that some people use other opinions to form, or even change, their own.

You're in the wrong place if you don't like this.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I think some people are getting 'best' and 'favorite' confused...

BoogerBall

n00b
Late to the party, but I've always felt that Nintendo's handhelds were and are better than their consoles. Hard to pick one, the Gameboy/Color, GBA, DS and 3DS are all great but I'd lean toward the DS and 3DS. Them being backwards compatible means that you have access to massive libraries on both, plus virtual console for the even older titles. Also, I think that the Nintendo franchises on handheld are just as good or better than their console counterparts.

For me the handheld Zelda's are superior to the console Zelda's.
SMB 1,2, 3 and World are great but can all be played on the handhelds. Plus you have the early Mario Land games, NSMB series, as well as 3d land.
Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7 are better than most of the console Mario Karts with the exception of Mario Kart 8, and maybe Wii.
The later handhelds have better and more numerous rpg games.
The handhelds have good spinoff games like the Mario and Luigi series, Mario vs Donkey Kong series, the Wario Land series.
The handhelds have better puzzle games (I know that puzzle games are a natural fit for handheld but still).

The only Nintendo console that can compete in the diversity and quality of the game library is the Wii, and that's due to the help of virtual console and the fact that it was super popular so actually got some kind of third party support. Also the return to form on console for some franchises like Wario Land Shake It, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Punch Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Now don't get me wrong, the NES is legendary, the SNES is awesome, the Wii has a great library of old and new, and the Wii U is a good system, but the handhelds are stronger.

I feel that the N64 and Gamecube are the weakest of Nintendo's consoles. They were the two Nintendo consoles to turn their back on classic 2d Mario, and for me 3d Mario didn't start getting good until the Galaxy games (I dislike both Mario 64 and Sunshine). The N64 also started the trend towards 3d Zelda and turned its back on classic top-down Zelda, the Gamecube continued this but at least had Four Swords Adventures (which was fun if you had some buddies to play with) . Both the N64 and Gamecube also had the worst Donkey Kong games as well as mediocre Mario Karts. This is not to say that the N64 and Gamecube had no good games, but in comparison to the other consoles, they pale in comparison, at least to me. I will give the Gamecube props for at least having a decent fighting game selection, and much better third party support, and both systems have good bomberman games from what I remember.

Just my two cents

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have only read this page of the thread and, amazingly, even though bloodycelt has posted pedo shit about wanting to fuck prepubescent girls, his posts on this page are still the gayest fucking shit he has wrote on this site.

lol 'welcome to the ignore list' you FUCKING FAGGOT. What a FAILURE at life. Think about it, you fucking loser.