Civilization VI

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member

Got free time? ;)

The 10/21 release date is surprisingly soon when it seems most other major series get announced years in advance. Here's hoping this one isn't a turd like BE was.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I haven't played BE why does it blow?
It's actually kind of hard to say why. Uninspired gameplay, drab graphics, overly complex system all played a part. I think at the end of the day it was a matter of the designers tweaking the formula until they lost something fundamental that made it work, and not realizing that they had. This is from someone who used to play Alpha Centauri like it was a religion.

Marek

Banned
Civ games are the only thing that ever make me desire a sweeter computer...

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'm excited for this. Halo Wars 2 was the only game I was looking forward to this year before this announcement.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I haven't played BE why does it blow?

There's no real feel of progression, the tech web idea seems good, but because none of them tie in with historic milestones, you have no feel for progress. Civilization in many ways ties you in because your leading your people to greatness, every tech, every city adds to the story, its a race against other civilizations. And that's the other bit.... Civ doesn't need to put much story behind Napoleon. When Ghandi launches nukes at you.... the irony isn't lost.

But the BE folks, they don't pull you in enough for you to really give a fuck.

One good thing BE did, and I hope Civ 6 incorporates. Largely your army units never became obsolete, you just gained 5-6 more types. And new tech just let you choose upgrades for them.
Having to go pay gold to upgrade each and every unit when you get new tech in Civ V was a hassle.

The other bit I hope is they reduce and make more meaningful the buildings in your city, given that they are now being tied to landscape, it seems that way.

I'm stoked!

Edit Here's an article with the details: http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Holy crap, I seriously saw "castlevania iv".
Please excuse.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I want, but have zero time for this. :(

I'll still grab it in a cheap Steam sale or when it hits the inevitable Sid Meier Humble Bundle... I have 5 and Beyond Earth from the last Humble Bundle and I haven't even spun them up on my HD :( :(

I wish I had more free time to sink into them... BE I know got kind of lukewarm reviews, but I am still looking forward to digging into my copy eventually and play through it at least once.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
i want this though i spent little to no time with 4 or 5 last time i played much was in the early 2000s honestly the board game and man these games are time suckers my job and wife will hate me if i buy this haha