Nintendo Switch

Yoshi

20 Year Member

This is exactly what I wanted out of the hardware, so I am pretty excited.

edit: NoA video is finally up.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This is kinda what I was hoping the Game Boy would be when it launched.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Looks good to me. I will probably be preodering, assuming the price is reasonable.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I didnt post much on this here but I knew of this design for a bit now as my brother is a producer at one of the third party licenses listed as in on this device but I did over at racketboy as this has been discussed for awhile there. This is the first time Nintendo has had if they actually honestly support it, third parties of such quality since basically the SNES era and a bit of the GC. You have a good list of deserters, haters like Epic which is a shock, and a lot of mobile developers too. If you see a spread like that it plays into the stories of NintendOS being like Android, easy to port and develop for at a minimal cost so it makes sense developers would return to Nintendo for another cash source. In a way its like the NeoGeoX but doesnt suck, you have a HDMI dockable multiplayer handheld device except legally on the level with Nintendo stamped to it and a good list of developer support.

Smart name smarter placing NINTENDO back into it, remoing the stench of the Wii/U entirely trying to start oer with their one working line of business -- handheld, but invading with a home dock is smart. With NDA in place it is nice to see Nidia step up with Tegra, it gives a power idea of 2 sorts...Tegra like on nvidia shield console now or the 2nd Gen Tegra which is faster, cooler, cheaper and them not being clear makes me think that which means it is no push over.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was not hyped about this until the trailer. The potential is incredible.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
WHERE THE GAMES AT?
Seriously. I'm still salty over buying a WiiU.

Also, that controller looks about as comfortable as the WiiU's monstrosity pad. As in not at all.

Hope there are some third party controllers that care about ergonomics.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/20/ni...the-switch-including-bethesda-ea-2k-and-more/

Try that huge list of developers making games, quite a few who have not touched a Nintendo console since the Gamecube era with an honest effort and in some cases any effort really. Then you hae a lot of mobile developers too, and PC ones like Epic who until now have been verbally hateful towards the company.

Rewatch the video Skyrim and a basketball game from EA are in the clips among the Nintendo made stuff too.

The system comes with an optional pro controller if your prissy hands cant handle what looks to be a pretty comfortable device as it lacks the bulk of the U pad. You can detach the sides and put a plastic wedge between them making it more gamepad sized too. You hae choices.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
seriously - to me this looks like a boring piece of crap. nintendo should focus on making innovative games (again) instead of making unattractive and underpowered consoles...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Seems cool, but my Wii U is already grossly neglected. I'll wait till the holiday season price drop before biting.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks to be a great system! I hope it will have the 2nd generation Tegra chip. Nvidia needs to show off in consoles too.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm relieved that there will be a "Pro" controller option at launch.

The system itself kind of IS a pro controller. If you dock it or stand it up they supply this block of plastic as a holder and spacer between the left and right parts making it into a controller away from the screen. The added stand alone pro controller is kind of just an added pay perk or forthose who want more than one controller.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The system itself kind of IS a pro controller. If you dock it or stand it up they supply this block of plastic as a holder and spacer between the left and right parts making it into a controller away from the screen. The added stand alone pro controller is kind of just an added pay perk or forthose who want more than one controller.
All true, but only the Pro Controller has a d-pad.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
The Nintendo Switch's "Pro" controller looks like an Xbox 360/One knockoff.

Screen_Shot_2016-10-20_at_11.24.20_AM.0.png

I can't wait to play the new Mario Kart with it. ;D

MikanBox

n00b
At least they are doing better in the marketing department this time.

I'm waiting for specs + demo in person

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm confused lol. So does this play 3ds or Wii U games or neither? I don't get what people are so hyped about. It's a Wii U tablet that you could take where ever. Doesn't look that portable either.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm confused lol. So does this play 3ds or Wii U games or neither? I don't get what people are so hyped about. It's a Wii U tablet that you could take where ever. Doesn't look that portable either.

Nope, just plays its own Nintendo Switch games. Yeah, they basically put Wii U level hardware (personally, I think it will less powerful than Wii U - it will use shittier textures, lighting, etc. for the sake of running at 1080p 30-60fps) right into the tablet. And I agree; it doesn't look portable. I'm not hyped, but I think it's good for Nintendo to accept the fact that they're never going to be #1 and will always be a secondary gaming device these days. I think they're playing to that strength. But some of the features are just stupid.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nope, just plays its own Nintendo Switch games. Yeah, they basically put Wii U level hardware (personally, I think it will less powerful than Wii U - it will use shittier textures, lighting, etc. for the sake of running at 1080p 30-60fps) right into the tablet. And I agree; it doesn't look portable. I'm not hyped, but I think it's good for Nintendo to accept the fact that they're never going to be #1 and will always be a secondary gaming device these days. I think they're playing to that strength. But some of the features are just stupid.

Yea bro. Judging by the first Video which looked like some Zelda game with Wii, not Wii U graphics I can't get all that crazy over this.
Only plus Is it looks like you could take it every where unlike my Wii U tablet controller that I can't leave my room with it or else It will lose signal. I kind think the tablet controller is pretty cool but kind of shitty that it has such a short range. I guess that's why they came up with the switch.