Anything to be aware of dating a single mom?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
It's more complicated than I think..........but it's workable, right?

Any constructive advice?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Not worth the extra baggage. This is not Toyrus running B1G1F.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
The kid(s) always comes first-ALWAYS. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, just keep it in mind. Also, the kid's father will hate your guts and be a total dick to you.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
How old is her kid? It might be workable depending on how much parenting you'd have to do.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The kid may not help you but they can destroy you.

Hopefully she won't introduce you anytime soon. That should happen way after you figure out if you want to date mom seriously.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Liquid... from experience...

It's workable... Jan is my world... her sons are fucking idiots tho...

Meh... what the fuck do I know? I am in chat on a weekend as usual...

xROTx

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
The kid may not help you but they can destroy you.

Hopefully she won't introduce you anytime soon. That should happen way after you figure out if you want to date mom seriously.

I see her kids at church every Sunday...........

Liquid... from experience...

It's workable... Jan is my world... her sons are fucking idiots tho...

Meh... what the fuck do I know? I am in chat on a weekend as usual...

xROTx

LOL

Do you have any experience with kids? Otherwise I think becoming an overnight dad to a couple elementary school kids might be a challenge.

I used to teach in children's program at church and I know how horrible & troublesome they are...................

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That's nice of you taking care of yet more children that aren't yours.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Do you really want the stress of dealing with an ex-husband, two kids, and always getting thrown under the bus by everyone involved ?

Just get yourself a cat.

Also, first thing those kids will do is trash your collection, they will find whatever buttons to push to get you to leave.

After all, you dating their mom means their dad isn't coming home.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
My stepdad used to beat the shit out of us when my mom wasn't around. Finally when I was 16 he took a swing at me. I ducked, caught him in the gut, he swung again caught me in the jaw, I blasted him with a left uppercut to the chin. He went down, I was going down, my mom was in tears. But an understanding was reached. We don't fight anymore, he doesn't raise his hands to me, and he and I don't talk except about football or baseball. If the cowboys are doing well we might have a bit of a conversation.

There's a lot of mistakes you can make with kids. Especially ones that resent you for not being their father, and for taking their mom. Attempting to discipline them is one of many. It is a minefield of "will this fuck up this kid?" And not knowing what to do. In my case he didn't know what to do, didn't know how to treat kids, so he'd knock our heads together until we got too old to be pushed around and pushed back. this is land mine recovery. If you don't think you're ready: don't do it.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Do a favour to yourself, leave this game before its too late
Children nowadays don't respect genuine parents... can you imagine what they will do with your mental health if they intend to annoy you?
In this match you start losing for 5 to 0 and you don't have Messi playing in your team, you will never win

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you don't want children then pass on that venture.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Have you lost your mind!?

DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

I did this briefly once and it's just a train wreck waiting to happen. I cut that bitch off in a hurry.

This is the best advice I can give you.....:down:

giphy.gif

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Proceed with extreme caution.

The thing with single women over a certain age is a large proportion either

a. have children
b. are psychos
c. have children and are psychos

You can minimize the above issues by dating younger women but they come with their own issues such as immaturity, narcissism, tethered to mobile devices, nothing in common, no mutual interests, etc.

Best bet is remain single.