Arcade 1cc thread

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
393ad13372f99b353940a1ed1edd7125.jpg

Got the clear on Punisher today, I feel like it is easier with Fury but I will probably practice a bit and try for a clear with Punisher as well.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
b906689e21e780f886c34e2a662d810a.jpg

Cleared Hard Times today, I like it. Not as hard as Blood Bros and has its share of flaws, but the mechanics it stole are perfect and it plays really well.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
These are the 1cc's I've done for the Neo Geo. Most of these were done decades ago, but I'll grab and post some screens of some recent 1cc sessions/completion runs. I was never much of a score player; I just played to get better at the game to not have to spend more money in the machine :lolz:

3 Count Bout
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Art of Fighting 3
Battle Flip Shot
Bang Bead
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Double Dragon
Kabuki Klash
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Galaxy Fight
Ganryu
Karnov's Revenge
King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 96
King of Fighters 97
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 99
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters 2001
King of Fighters 2002
King of Fighters 2003
King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
Last Resort (1st loop)
Ninja Master's
Over Top
Rage of the Dragons
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown III
Samurai Shodown IV
Savage Reign
Kizuna Encounter
Sonic Wings 2 (1st loop)
Sonic Wings 3 (1st loop)
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 2
Super Sidekicks 3
Neo Geo Cup '98
Twinkle Star Sprites
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Windjammers
World Heroes
World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

Ganryu 1cc and play sessions with son:
23E78A85-44C4-43B8-BB2E-34CF0E4FB935.jpeg
Neo Geo Cup 98 1cc:
A7F03361-7F02-4769-83B0-421924253FD8.jpeg
Garou MotW 1cc:
BAAB2B61-A76B-4B63-A981-5A72B5C18911.jpeg

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
What's next The_Chosen_One? Cabal?!

Surprisingly as much as I love this genre I have never been a big fan of Cabal. I am currently workin on Splatterhouse, needed to switch it up a bit.

you better 1cc this, dont let us down

I would absolutely, but I don’t own it yet. Didn’t know about it really until recently so I’m tryin to keep my eyes out for one in the usual places.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Got to loop 9 in Ben Bero Beh (Taito 1984), a game no one in their right mind should recognize. You're some kind of superhero firefighter and lots of weird things happen. Odd but fun and addicting. 80s Taito has a lot of cool stuff.

Got #1 score on the PS4 Arcade Archives hi score leaderboard:
20201023_223116.jpg

Last edited:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Hey Neo-Geo dot com. I haven't posted here in a long time. I'm not even sure who changed my custom title and when.

I recently started a new series of streams on my Twitch channel where every Monday at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern I go for 1 credit clears on arcade games, with the current goal being to re-do a bunch of my old 1CC's live. It'll also be great to have some motivation to go for some new ones.

http://www.twitch.tv/lordbbh

I'm putting all the highlights in a youtube playlist for easy reference later, so when anybody asks "have you 1CC'ed this game?" I can just point them in the direction of a video. It's only at ~50 games right now but it will increase into the hundreds soon enough. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzM8Fj-Rklts0rs5XGlQvdiMiQX1eJII6

This Monday's stream is going to be a bunch of Neo-Geo games, so figured y'all might be interested

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hey Neo-Geo dot com. I haven't posted here in a long time. I'm not even sure who changed my custom title and when.

I recently started a new series of streams on my Twitch channel where every Monday at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern I go for 1 credit clears on arcade games, with the current goal being to re-do a bunch of my old 1CC's live. It'll also be great to have some motivation to go for some new ones.

I'm putting all the highlights in a youtube playlist for easy reference later, so when anybody asks "have you 1CC'ed this game?" I can just point them in the direction of a video. It's only at ~50 games right now but it will increase into the hundreds soon enough. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzM8Fj-Rklts0rs5XGlQvdiMiQX1eJII6

This Monday's stream is going to be a bunch of Neo-Geo games, so figured y'all might be interested

Welcome home.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master

Looking forward to watching! Glad to see you back.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Great clears, man! Your maglord is totally different from what I do but your score is also more than twice as high ;)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Great clears, man! Your maglord is totally different from what I do but your score is also more than twice as high ;)

A lot of those points come from one of the side doors in stage 7, it's very skippable if you go into stage 7 with powerups but I always go for it.

I am sort of interested in going for a score run of doing all the side rooms, scores of 750k+ are possible if you do everything... but I always worry about the invisible time limit. I'd be more motivated to play for score if the high scores actually saved, grumble grumble

These are the 1cc's I've done for the Neo Geo. Most of these were done decades ago, but I'll grab and post some screens of some recent 1cc sessions/completion runs. I was never much of a score player; I just played to get better at the game to not have to spend more money in the machine :lolz:

3 Count Bout

This is a game I've always been looking for strats on for the purposes of 1-credit play but the only real thing I've seen is "use autofire to win all the grapples", which feels like cheating. If you didn't use autofire to 1CC the game, is there any chance you could share some information on this?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
BBH I'm really rusty but I recently came back to my Magician Lord 1cc project (on Neo CD which is easier than Level-4 MVS), it was really cool to see someone who knew what he was doing successfully clearing the game in one coin. Some interesting differences in between strategies and a clear gap between your abilities and my shitty ones... your stream recording really helped me figure out some tough parts though.

Much like MAME Roulette it's good to see someone giving Neo games the attention they deserve.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Space Opera: Wyvern Wings 1-all

A half decent Strikers 1999 clone that’s not too deep but fast paced. The biggest selling point is the soundtrack which emulates a number of well-known metal tracks including:

Metallica - Creeping Death
Metallica - Leper Messiah
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight
Slayer - South of Heaven

I haven’t been able to identify the other tracks yet, maybe someone with better ears knows the rest.

7f95eeebcca4468b3c291128bb72690c.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I read that stage 3 is Sepultura's "Attitude". I guess I hear it but it seems like a stretch.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
BBH I'm really rusty but I recently came back to my Magician Lord 1cc project (on Neo CD which is easier than Level-4 MVS), it was really cool to see someone who knew what he was doing successfully clearing the game in one coin. Some interesting differences in between strategies and a clear gap between your abilities and my shitty ones... your stream recording really helped me figure out some tough parts though.

Much like MAME Roulette it's good to see someone giving Neo games the attention they deserve.

Thanks! I'm always happy to share strategies for these games and streaming's been the perfect outlet for it. Neo-Geo focused streams are my favorite streams to do, and I've still got a lot of games left I want to re-do on stream. Actually, let me make my own list of what I've 1CC'ed in the past... (anything with an asterix means I've re-done it on stream already)

Aero Fighters 2 (one loop)
Aero Fighters 3 (one loop)
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
* Andro Dunos (one loop)
* Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Art of Fighting 3
Blazing Star
* Blue's Journey
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Captain Tomaday
* Cyber-Lip
Double Dragon
* Eight-Man
* Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fighter's History Dynamite
Flip Shot
Ganryu
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Goal Goal Goal
Ironclad
Kabuki Klash
King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 96
King of Fighters 97
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 2003
* King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
* Last Resort (both loops)
* Magician Lord
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Money Puzzle Exchanger (Vs. CPU mode)
* Mutation Nation
* NAM-1975
Neo Bomberman
Neo Drift Out
Neo-Geo Cup '98
Neo Mr. Do!
* Nightmare in the Dark
* Ninja Combat
* Ninja Commando
Ninja Master's
Over Top
Pleasure Goal
Prehistoric Isle 2
Pulstar
Puzzle Bobble
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout 2 - The Newcomers
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 4
* Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Spin Master
Strikers 1945 Plus (one loop)
Super Dodge Ball
The Super Spy
SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom
Thrash Rally (one of the courses I forget which)
Top Hunter
Twinkle Star Sprites
* Viewpoint
Waku Waku 7
World Heroes
World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect
Zed Blade
Zupapa

Future projects that I wish to add to the list - the rest of the KOF's, the rest of the Super Sidekicks, Fatal Fury 3, Galaxy Fight, Bang Bead, Kizuna Encounter, Robo Army (please someone tell me how to do the last boss), Sengoku 2 (maybe 3 too but I hate the pacing in that game), maybe some other shit I'm forgetting... basically I want to 1CC as many Neo-Geo games as possible LOL

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kizuna Encounter... basically I want to 1CC as many Neo-Geo games as possible LOL

Well, using Joker's infinite (:C: , :forw::C: , :hcf::A:, xN) is one way to clear it fast. But, I mean, do fighting games really even count?

EDIT: What "counts" to someone is very subject.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Why DON'T they count? Are they not arcade games that have an ending?

Oh yes, they absolutely are arcade games with endings. But, IMO (the overwhelming majority) don't require even half of the understanding that's needed for a clear when compared to pretty much every other arcade genre. Though AI exploitation/manipulation is still the name of the game, I'm guessing that the AI for most fighting games weren't designed with the intention of "the quicker the single player game over, the higher the revenue". I think that job was left to the human opponent (assuming a game is received well enough to reap the benefits of this design choice, of course).

I understand that there is a small group of people who will play fighting games for score, and that can be cool/impressive, and this can provide a glimpse of a game through a lens that would otherwise be obscured/obstructed by having a pure 2P Vs. mentality. So again, like I said, what "counts" is up to the individual. I always set out to 1cc all of my favorite fighting games, but I don't find them noteworthy enough to mention in the same breath with beltscrollers, action games etc. They're a different animal, and a demonstration of a player's understanding of a fighting game's engine/mechanics/properties isn't necessarily highlighted through a 1 credit clear (while the same can't be said for most other arcade genres).

Anyway, I watched a video of a Mikado FHD tournament that you provided commentary for a while back, and I enjoyed it. Thanks.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Oh yes, they absolutely are arcade games with endings. But, IMO (the overwhelming majority) don't require even half of the understanding that's needed for a clear when compared to pretty much every other arcade genre. Though AI exploitation/manipulation is still the name of the game, I'm guessing that the AI for most fighting games weren't designed with the intention of "the quicker the single player game over, the higher the revenue". I think that job was left to the human opponent (assuming a game is received well enough to reap the benefits of this design choice, of course).

I understand that there is a small group of people who will play fighting games for score, and that can be cool/impressive, and this can provide a glimpse of a game through a lens that would otherwise be obscured/obstructed by having a pure 2P Vs. mentality. So again, like I said, what "counts" is up to the individual. I always set out to 1cc all of my favorite fighting games, but I don't find them noteworthy enough to mention in the same breath with beltscrollers, action games etc. They're a different animal, and a demonstration of a player's understanding of a fighting game's engine/mechanics/properties isn't necessarily highlighted through a 1 credit clear (while the same can't be said for most other arcade genres).

Anyway, I watched a video of a Mikado FHD tournament that you provided commentary for a while back, and I enjoyed it. Thanks.

Well I do get where you're coming from with this. Yes, fighting the CPU is completely different from fighting people, and learning patterns to beat the CPU often involves stuff that is not going to work in real matches against humans. Sure. But that's just it - it's new stuff you have to learn to be able to actually finish the game. In the end it's no different from learning level layouts and boss strategies in a platformer or belt-scroller or shmup or what have you. Does it show completely mastery of the game engine? Maybe not. In some fighting games though the game might not be 100% patternable, and you DO have to rely on fundamentals and knowledge of how the game engine works. You get farther if you have fundamentals of how the game works, so that's not really a bad thing I think?

It's all a case by case basis, but personally I'd be more impressed if someone posted a 1CC of Kaiser Knuckle than say, Metal Slug 1 or something. Even if they're exploiting AI loops, so what? If they put the time into learning how to abuse the game, I don't see why their accomplishment should be discounted. On the other hand you have games like Survival Arts where you can beat every CPU opponent except one using Kane's jumping roundhouse ass attack over and over, and that's not impressive. It goes both ways with fighting games, there are easy ones to finish if you're just trying to beat the CPU, but there are easy shmups like Prehistoric Isle 2 that aren't very hard to 1CC if you have basic shmup skills. Not every 1CC is created equal, but I don't think fighting games should always be automatically ignored. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though.

(also thanks! we're running an FHD tournament on my stream on November 21st btw)

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Good to see you around here BBH. I regret not chatting with you when you used to come into Game Trader. Hope you’re well man!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well I do get where you're coming from with this. Yes, fighting the CPU is completely different from fighting people, and learning patterns to beat the CPU often involves stuff that is not going to work in real matches against humans. Sure. But that's just it - it's new stuff you have to learn to be able to actually finish the game. In the end it's no different from learning level layouts and boss strategies in a platformer or belt-scroller or shmup or what have you. Does it show completely mastery of the game engine? Maybe not. In some fighting games though the game might not be 100% patternable, and you DO have to rely on fundamentals and knowledge of how the game engine works. You get farther if you have fundamentals of how the game works, so that's not really a bad thing I think?

It's all a case by case basis, but personally I'd be more impressed if someone posted a 1CC of Kaiser Knuckle than say, Metal Slug 1 or something. Even if they're exploiting AI loops, so what? If they put the time into learning how to abuse the game, I don't see why their accomplishment should be discounted. On the other hand you have games like Survival Arts where you can beat every CPU opponent except one using Kane's jumping roundhouse ass attack over and over, and that's not impressive. It goes both ways with fighting games, there are easy ones to finish if you're just trying to beat the CPU, but there are easy shmups like Prehistoric Isle 2 that aren't very hard to 1CC if you have basic shmup skills. Not every 1CC is created equal, but I don't think fighting games should always be automatically ignored. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though.

(also thanks! we're running an FHD tournament on my stream on November 21st btw)

I essentially agree with all of the points you've made here.