World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow... England finally won a penalty shoot out!
Why Henderson took one and not Vardy is beyond me though...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Oh, and I'll admit that before this match, despite absolutely promising myself I wouldn't, I had a few moments of thinking maybe we can win this thing.

Lol, no. Just no.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Oh, and I'll admit that before this match, despite absolutely promising myself I wouldn't, I had a few moments of thinking maybe we can win this thing.

Lol, no. Just no.

I don't see why not. England right now is in a great position.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
they certainly are not top 3 contender material right now, but anything could happen.

That's true but like you said anything could happen. Right now England is riding a wave and that wave could take them to semi-finals. They have good team chemistry and with a little bit of luck that could go a long way. I still think Croatia is making it to the finals but we've seen so many upsets, nothing surprises me anymore in this WC.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Intermediate status: Quarter Finals

Uruguay - France

Brazil - Belgium

Sweden - England

Russia - Croatia

Looking forward to Brazil - Belgium!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, we're through, and that is all that really matters at this stage. Portugal won the euros by just scraping by every match, so who knows what could happen. I'd love to see England get to the final, but I can't see them having a chance at that stage.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Glad to see the back of Columbia, what a pack of cunts. And I say that as a Welshman. If England are going to lose a game of football I'd prefer to see them outclassed and outplayed. Not tugged, shoved and the penalty spot dug up.

It's been a crazy tournament so far, I've been keeping an eye on Uruguay in particular as they were tipped in this thread. What is it with South American players and theatrics

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Looking forward to Brazil - Belgium!

To wet your appetite here are some of the very probable highlights for that match,

MSxWRgY.gif

MDwQOby.gif

mhmQmo0.gif

YrfLzfN.gif

j7o86gE.gif

oVDPD3Z.gif

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, we're through, and that is all that really matters at this stage. Portugal won the euros by just scraping by every match, so who knows what could happen. I'd love to see England get to the final, but I can't see them having a chance at that stage.

I found England's defense and midfield actions quite good but except for Kane, there seems to be a lack of creative offense. This will be a problem against teams like Sweden who play a well organised game.

Still, the current English team has got potential in my eyes, IMO it's too early to write them off. Sillier things have happened in footie, you know. :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Uruguay vs France... Rot predicts France...

Brazil vs Belgium... Rot predicts Belgium...

Sweden vs England... EEENNNGEEERR__LLUUNNDD!!!

Russia vs Croatia... Rot predicts Croatia...

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Exactly. PKs suck because it’s not real football.

Hahaha... I like that. The WC is not football for connoisseurs, it's football for everybody. I must admit, that I don't like this WC as much as I did the last one in Brazil or the '06 here in Germany. Yeah, our team was better then, but it's not only that, France '98 was cool, too, and we got our ass kicked there. It's rather, that there's a difference, if the host feels the sport or not and here it shows. Still, in comparison to what awaits us in Qatar, Russia will probably be well remembered.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No Cavani, no luck with their head shots and a gift from Muslera: Uruguay is heading home.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Wow, Brazil going home, world cup blown wide open. With the teams left over it looks more like the group stages of the Euros.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot = 100% so far in the Quarters...

France deserved to win... Uruguay played hard and pressing football.... but for once the French Team actually didn't buckle...

Belgium were dead on their feet at the end of their match but imo deserved to win...

Neymars "Oscar Award Tactics" played against Brazil today... FUCK HIM...

xROTx

PS. OOHHH... Exciting Saturday...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fantastic games today, especially Brazil vs Belgium! Congrats to France and Belgium!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome to the Euro Cup 2018.

The introduction of VAR combined with more of a laissez-faire approach to physical challenges than in past World Cups favors the European style of play.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The introduction of VAR combined with more of a laissez-faire approach to physical challenges than in past World Cups favors the European style of play.

I would say that the majority of violations that went unpunished today were from Brazil.

Brazil can’t fall behind in games. They’re elegant until they fall behind a goal, then their true form comes out and they meltdown. This wasn’t as bad as the Netherlands game though. People may point to Germany 2014 as the meltdown, but 2010 was hilariously dramatic and shameful.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ROTS LOINS ARE READY!

Preparing teh sexxy sauce....
6eM6BO8.jpg

Sauce done... (used Scissors to cut up chillis... cuz lazy)...
FGFmrRq.jpg

MEAT!!!!
jGiENOI.jpg

ZbNeq13.jpg

...ps. I will eat with Rice noodles... but that'd be crazee to show that...

DESERT! (ps... i already ate some:( )
mhqRoVI.jpg

xROTx

PS. EEENNNGEERRR__LLUUNNDD!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
England up one but I am not convinced. Pickford looks like a sloppy drunk chap and Trippier has cat fur glued to his toupe.

Tell you guys what though
Harry Kane
Harry Maguire
Prince Harry

Some kids are getting named harry this year.