The Neo Geo mini is coming...

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Let us know how the LCDs on those look. I'm usually not a fan of cabs switching to LCDs.

acampero

Quiz Detective
Let us know how the LCDs on those look. I'm usually not a fan of cabs switching to LCDs.

For sure. I'm definitely a CRT guy but my Centipede cabinet not only needs a rejuve but the cabinet itself is a wreck and in desperate need for a rebuild and I don't have the time nor ability to do it unfortunately.

I'm interested in seeing how the Asteroids one looks because it has a spinner for Tempest. The Rampage one doesn't have enough controls for Defender, how is that going to translate? Move using the joystick?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
For sure. I'm definitely a CRT guy but my Centipede cabinet not only needs a rejuve but the cabinet itself is a wreck and in desperate need for a rebuild and I don't have the time nor ability to do it unfortunately.

I'm interested in seeing how the Asteroids one looks because it has a spinner for Tempest. The Rampage one doesn't have enough controls for Defender, how is that going to translate? Move using the joystick?

Yeah I bit on Asteroids and Tempest for that reason. I want to check out the Final Fight cab the most though. Supposedly there are a couple unannounced, they claim one "secret reveal". From what I've seen Ms. Pac/Pac man, Galaga/Galaxian may be a possibility

acampero

Quiz Detective
Yeah I bit on Asteroids and Tempest for that reason. I want to check out the Final Fight cab the most though. Supposedly there are a couple unannounced, they claim one "secret reveal". From what I've seen Ms. Pac/Pac man, Galaga/Galaxian may be a possibility

There's a Galaga/Galaxian one on Walmart for pre order.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Horimero-san had the right idea trying to get one of his arcade sticks to work with the neogeo mini (he also tried the neogeo x stick), but he didn’t have any success. Perhaps SNK has a replica of the aes stick planned for this unit. If they do, hopefully it will have the correct button arrangement rather than being switched around like the existing neogeo mini gamepads.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
^ I watched that last night and maybe took a little to much joy in his disappointment on every stick he tried. What really surprised me is that he had an unopened ngx stick. ???

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
^ I watched that last night and maybe took a little to much joy in his disappointment on every stick he tried. What really surprised me is that he had an unopened ngx stick. ???

You can just buy them new from alixpress. They do register as the official Tommo one as well so it seems to be the ' real' deal. Crappy joystick and buttons though (have a set here)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Centipede is a big machine among collectors - im sure if you look hard enough online you'll find a wealth of resources and knowledge on restoring and maintaining it.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Centipede is a big machine among collectors - im sure if you look hard enough online you'll find a wealth of resources and knowledge on restoring and maintaining it.

^This.

And do not throw it away by any means, if you don't have the time to take care for it, try selling it to someone who's knowledgeable about arcade machines and is passionate about this hobby: he'll put it back to great shape, you'll definitely get some good money from it and everyone's happy.

acampero

Quiz Detective
^This.

And do not throw it away by any means, if you don't have the time to take care for it, try selling it to someone who's knowledgeable about arcade machines and is passionate about this hobby: he'll put it back to great shape, you'll definitely get some good money from it and everyone's happy.

Points definitely taken. I am not looking to get rid of it, it's like one of those pet projects that I will eventually get to. If anyone knows anyone in the L.A. area that has a rejuvenator gun that will work with the Millipede monitor (it's actually a Multipede board) then I'd love a hookup. It's really nice with no burn, just has gotten so dim it's really hard to see unless it's pitch black in the garage.

I'm at work so I don't know the monitor off hand, but I did get it recapped a few years ago. Still dark.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Anyone opened one up? I'd love to see the inside

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have several in my attic. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The tommo ones are USB so doubtful that polymega would support that.

I pretty much got them because "hey, cheap USB sticks!" These days you can get a Mayflash USB stick for a song that's better in every way with the ability to install Sanwa parts if desired.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Internals...

Vs0HO9k.jpg

https://twitter.com/KAPPY_2164/status/1021720190709448704

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So it's basically a Chinaman tablet running a neo emulator.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
So it's basically a Chinaman tablet running a neo emulator.

Yup, didn't we all expect a Linux (or Android) based box with a Neo Geo emulator? The big surprise to me is finding a MIPS CPU instead of an ARM one.

[EDIT]The Micron 29F32G08CBADB seems to be a 32GB Nand flash memory, so there should be plenty of space for a full ROM set.[/EDIT]

Last edited: