Neo Geo region differences?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Ime planing on fitting a region switch to my NGCD but ime thinking is there any point doing all 3?

I know Japan is uncensored so thats obviously staying but I would like the option for English to :p

Whats the differences between UK & USA?
Is there anything worthwhile having both or is It a waste of time and better to choose one?

Think I read somewhere that US has white blood and UK nothing at all?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just get a UNIBIOS and be dine with it. Screw the region mod.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Not sure how I missed it before but there is a official supplier/fitter of the Unibios in the UK and its very reasonable price to fit (about £25) so ime going to go that route now :)

Still be interested to find out the difference between UK and US though....

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Not sure how I missed it before but there is a official supplier/fitter of the Unibios in the UK and its very reasonable price to fit (about £25) so ime going to go that route now :)

Still be interested to find out the difference between UK and US though....

UK is a select-able region?

I've only ever seen Japan, USA, and Asia.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
UK is a select-able region?

I've only ever seen Japan, USA, and Asia.

Well its actually classed as Europe not UK specifically but yeah its selectable between Jap, EU and US.

2acad6f3a516afbfaa3d1a1e9c3f6ac9.jpeg

One country is filled to the brim with dandy-boy faggots like you, and the other is the US.

Well your half right, There are far to many faggots over here but I aint one of them.

That being said you have your fair share of them over there to so other than the fact you butchered Queens english and have a loon in charge I still dunno what the difference is.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've heard it said that there are some games where setting the region to "Euro" gives you English language and no censorship, but every game I've tried has had identical censorship to the US version, and since getting my CD Unibios I can tell no difference between Euro and US. I just leave it in Euro just in case. If I were installing a region switch into a CD system I'd probably just keep it US/JP or Euro/JP and not bother trying to toggle all three.

One thing you can do in a lot of the newer games (Games released in 95 or after) is change the region of the system to Japanese, but in the options change the language to English. In a lot of games this will give you an uncensored English mode.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I've heard it said that there are some games where setting the region to "Euro" gives you English language and no censorship, but every game I've tried has had identical censorship to the US version, and since getting my CD Unibios I can tell no difference between Euro and US. I just leave it in Euro just in case. If I were installing a region switch into a CD system I'd probably just keep it US/JP or Euro/JP and not bother trying to toggle all three.

One thing you can do in a lot of the newer games (Games released in 95 or after) is change the region of the system to Japanese, but in the options change the language to English. In a lot of games this will give you an uncensored English mode.

Thanks Gohan.

Ime sending mine off tomorrow to have the bios installed so ime going to be having a play with region settings once I get it back!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I was certain there was a Euro vs US thread here, but I couldn't find it using the SEARCH. FUNCTION. I think it is Gohan described, when I got my CDZ I just modded it for Euro and called it a day. The differences may only exist in a few games.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well put in the Street Hoop CD and set to jap, the game runs in japanese and shows dunk dreams with international teams.
Set the Neo Cd to EUR the game will show up as Street Hoop is in english with international teams.
Set the Neo CD to Us the game will show Street Slam with NBA Teams.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Well put in the Street Hoop CD and set to jap, the game runs in japanese and shows dunk dreams with international teams.
Set the Neo Cd to EUR the game will show up as Street Hoop is in english with international teams.
Set the Neo CD to Us the game will show Street Slam with NBA Teams.

Ahh thats interesting, So there are some actual regional changes in some games then! Thanks!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Dunk Dream is one of the few (only) exceptions I can think of that has a different game title in Euro vs US mode. I'm sure I've read of a censorship difference or two, but overall the differences are minimal at best. Not enough to worry over.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Unibios set to EUR. You get all the non censored versions plus English....erm engrish....Victoly!