Cobra Kai: Anyone watching?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just binged the entire first season. Best 5 hours I spent watching TV in a long time.

I think I have a good idea how season 2 will end.

SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler:
LaRusso's daughter kicks Miguels ass in next years All Valley Tournament, but only after Johnny's son gets his ass kicked by Miguel.

I also think there is a small possibility Kreese could further corrupt Miguel, take over Cobra Kai, and Johnny might actually join up with LaRusso and mend his relationship with his son. I think that is a bit far fetched but possible. Some of the dialogue at the end of the final season led me to believe this.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This show kicked all kinds of ass. I didn't even like the Karate Kid movies that much.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Waiting for it to come out on Bluray. I don't want to pay for Youtube.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Everybody talking about how it kicks ass and then go on to talk about how they’re not even trying to support the show.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Everybody talking about how it kicks ass and then go on to talk about how they’re not even trying to support the show.

I've had YouTube Red/Premium since day one. Not a single one of the exclusives outside of this show are worth a damn. It is however worth it for the no ads and the ability to play videos in the background on a mobile device. You get YouTube Music free as well.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Waiting for it to come out on Bluray. I don't want to pay for Youtube.

QUIET. While you are contemplating paying for it now or waiting until it was released, many others have watched it for free or have already paid. Do you think life is fair. Watch First, Watch Hard, No Mercy.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Im not paying for a year or more of youtube red till season 2 is released. Not when there's nothing else youtube red offers that appeals to me. I will however subscribe when season 2 releases for the 10 episodes. Just like I do with HBO and Game of Thrones.

Episode 1 has like 45 million views. Season 2 is secured, and Youtube isn't exactly hurting for money.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I watched it and loved it. Pretty cheesy, but in an late 80s/early 90s show kind of way, so it works.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
YouTube red is a shitty service. Cobra Kai was a cool show. But it’s the only thing on YouTube that’s decent, and recent.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I thought it was excellent. I cant wait for the other stuff from the 80's to make a comeback.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Is this show really worth watching? I hear people talk about it a lot now.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Fucking Karate Kid. Let me tell you kids something about the Karate Kid, and life in general.

I saw the movie when I was kid and immediately afterward I begged my mom to sign me up for karate lessons. I was so excited. I was hoping I'd have some awesome old Asian instructor who'd give me a car one day.

Well, I went to my first lesson and the guy was some white dude lame-ass douche. I had a bad feeling about him right from the get go, but I figured I'd ask some questions...

First I asked, "what if I work really hard and am awesome at karate, what will you give me"?
He just said "I expect all my students to work really hard..."

Then I asked, "no, I mean what if I work really really hard what will you give me?"
And he was like, "well at our very last class we have a pizza party, if that's what you mean..."

I was getting nowhere with this douche so then I figured I'd just ask him outright and asked "will you ever give me a car if I am the best karate kid out there?"
He replied to me with a question and asked "aren't you like 5 years old? You can't even drive a car..."

Ever persistent I came back at him, "yes, but let's just pretend I was a big kid - would you give me a car then?"
And he was said "No. That will never happen. I will never give you a car."

Total bullshit. As a wee little 5 year old I learned 2 valuable lessons that day.
1) Nothing in this world is free.
2) Dont trust anything that you see in a movie.

Fuck the Karate Kid. And douche sensei's everywhere.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Fucking Karate Kid. Let me tell you kids something about the Karate Kid, and life in general.

I saw the movie when I was kid and immediately afterward I begged my mom to sign me up for karate lessons. I was so excited. I was hoping I'd have some awesome old Asian instructor who'd give me a car one day.

Well, I went to my first lesson and the guy was some white dude lame-ass douche. I had a bad feeling about him right from the get go, but I figured I'd ask some questions...

First I asked, "what if I work really hard and am awesome at karate, what will you give me"?

Then I asked, "no, I mean what if I work really really hard what will you give me?"
And he was like, "well at our very last class we have a pizza party, if that's what you mean..."

I was getting nowhere with this douche so then I figured I'd just ask him outright and asked "will you ever give me a car if I am the best karate kid out there?"
He replied to me with a question and asked "aren't you like 5 years old? You can't even drive a car..."

Ever persistent I came back at him, "yes, but let's just pretend I was a big kid - would you give me a car then?"

Total bullshit. As a wee little 5 year old I learned 2 valuable lessons that day.

TBH that white sensei should be commended for his honesty.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Was his name Frank Dux?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
any one know how many seasons the show is signed up for?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Just binged the entire first season. Best 5 hours I spent watching TV in a long time.

I think I have a good idea how season 2 will end.

SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler:
LaRusso's daughter kicks Miguels ass in next years All Valley Tournament, but only after Johnny's son gets his ass kicked by Miguel.

I also think there is a small possibility Kreese could further corrupt Miguel, take over Cobra Kai, and Johnny might actually join up with LaRusso and mend his relationship with his son. I think that is a bit far fetched but possible. Some of the dialogue at the end of the final season led me to believe this.

My fan theory or hoping something like this will happen
Spoiler:
Im thinking Best of the Best group happening. They reference Iron Eagle, so maybe a team USA vs Russia or better yet Japan. Miguel, Robby, Larusso Kid, Hawk, & the fat girl fly to Japan for an international tournament. Johnny & Daniel will have their rivalry. Teh love triangle will happen. While still bonding as a team. As for Kreese, im thinking maybe its just Johnny inner demon. Johnny will struggle becoming like his old sensei. The huge surprise will of course be Chozen. Chozen to Daniel surprise will be married to Kumiko who failed becoming a dancer. They have a daughter and she will try to bring honor back.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
any one know how many seasons the show is signed up for?

I'm pretty sure they've just renewed for one more season at the moment, but I guess as long as it does well they'll want to keep it going. Youtube don't have any other hit shows and it's not like the main cast are too busy with other jobs.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m interested but not seen the Karate Kid films since... I was a kid.

Should I jump straight in, or (torrent) watch the 3 old kids films first?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Watch the first movie, the series makes a lot of references to it. The others not so much, Daniel briefly mentions going to Okinawa once which is the only reference to part 2, and there is a point where they mention the events of Karate Kid 3 but if you just read a plot summary of that movie you'll know all you need.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Watch the first movie, the series makes a lot of references to it. The others not so much, Daniel briefly mentions going to Okinawa once which is the only reference to part 2, and there is a point where they mention the events of Karate Kid 3 but if you just read a plot summary of that movie you'll know all you need.

Cool. I’m guessing they got worse so I’ll just stick to watching 1.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh, and you might want to watch the opening scene in part 2 (you can probably find it on youtube) since it takes place immediately after the tournament. That's not mandatory though, as they do actually replay it in Cobra Kai, but it really helps establish just how awful Kreese treated Johnny.