Fast Striker ported to PS4 / Vita

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Announce trailer:

Digital and physical.

Digital release Oct. 16th with cross buy support, $6.99

Physical release preorders at PlayAsia Oct 11th, $34.99. (Comes with soundtrack cd, box, numbered certificate, Manual)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I just saw this official blog post for Fast Striker. I'm still not a bullet hell fan but it's good to see games getting to more platforms.

"Hello everyone, I’m René from NGDEV, a small video game development team based in Germany. We’ve been making 2D arcade games for more than 10 years. Perhaps some of you know us from our games such as Gunlord or the upcoming Kraut Buster.

Today we’re very excited to announce our partnership with eastasiasoft to bring our retina-scorching vertical 2D arcade shoot ’em up Fast Striker to PS4 and PS Vita. Fast Striker will launch at PlayStation Store on October 16 for $6.99 and supports Cross-Buy. A physical limited edition will also be available at playasia.com..."

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/03/2d-arcade-shmup-fast-striker-hits-ps4-ps-vita-october-16/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

-SD-

Camel Slug
The physical PS4 version will probably show up before the AES reprint I’m waiting on.... :lolz:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Smart move by them.

Cue all the NGDev haters that inexplicably spend time reading and commenting in NGDev threads.

Spoiler:
Hi Lonesage!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well, the original idea of these games was to code new games for the classic hardware, but I don't blame them for wanting to reach a larger audience. They already did it with the Dreamcast. I'm surprised they waited so long. They worked hard on these games; it would basically be leaving money lying around.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
No switch version??? :(

madman

Well they did announce the updated Gunlord for Switch, maybe they will release a bunch of their games on the Switch at once? The good news is people who bought a Vita will finally have something to play on it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Dope, bring the others out as well. I would love to be able to play all of their games.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
$6.99 is a great price, I'll be buying on the 16th. Hopefully it'll sell enough to motivate them into porting all their other games.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I owned this game at one point on the Aes and MVS and didn't enjoy it. I much rather play something dated like ChoRenSha 68K than this. Only NGdev games I actually liked was NEO XYX and GunLord. Razion is pretty and the Music is good but that's about it.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'll try it on PS4 at $6.99. Looked interesting when it first came out.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
$6.99 is a great price, I'll be buying on the 16th. Hopefully it'll sell enough to motivate them into porting all their other games.

Hopefully it'll sell enough to motivate them into finishing their other games first.

But then again... no.

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
This is my favorite ngdevteam game, so it will be nice to also play this on Vita... the price is right. Based on the trailer, it looks like they are approaching the port with some attention to details like scanline options - so hopefully that means this will include all of the Neo version's animation frames that were missing in the Dreamcast port.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Hopefully it'll sell enough to motivate them into finishing their other games first.

Lisa, your father needs your help. Do you know anything about Germany?

- Well, it's a country in Europe.

Good.

- An economic power of the world.

Because we send them money?

-No. They're efficient and punctual, with a strong work ethic.

Well, in case of the Hellwigs, Homer nailed it ;).

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This is my favorite ngdevteam game, so it will be nice to also play this on Vita... the price is right. Based on the trailer, it looks like they are approaching the port with some attention to details like scanline options - so hopefully that means this will include all of the Neo version's animation frames that were missing in the Dreamcast port.

I hope so too - I think they are safe to ditch that ploy at making the Neo version the "best" version by now

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I owned this game at one point on the Aes and MVS and didn't enjoy it. I much rather play something dated like ChoRenSha 68K than this. Only NGdev games I actually liked was NEO XYX and GunLord. Razion is pretty and the Music is good but that's about it.

ChoRenSha would have been a MUCH better choice than some NGdev garbage.

madman

ChoRenSha would have been a MUCH better choice than some NGdev garbage.

You and Lonesage should Facetime and jerk off to how much you dislike NGDev games and talk about them for hours.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I hope so too - I think they are safe to ditch that ploy at making the Neo version the "best" version by now
You do realize that the DC is disc-based, and as such has memory limitations that the Neo doesn't have to cope with.

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well they did announce the updated Gunlord for Switch, maybe they will release a bunch of their games on the Switch at once? The good news is people who bought a Vita will finally have something to play on it.

This. Announcing Gunlord for Switch and Fast Striker for PS4/Vita seems pretty random.

Merit

n00b
I don't understand the choice of many last gen console. Next one? Razion for xbox one!

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
The good news is people who bought a Vita will finally have something to play on it.

Pssh, there's plenty of content on Vita. Mostly indies but it's all great. Probably have like 50 physical titles at least. And yeah I plan to get the cart copy of this one too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You and Lonesage should Facetime and jerk off to how much you dislike NGDev games and talk about them for hours.

You've now made more posts whining about me implying I give a shit about NGDEV when I only made a flippant comment about how it stole the "soldier relaxing in underwear" from Slug, chief.