I'm sorry, I went to mars for second. but I'm back now (and I got T-shirts for everybody!)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Glad things are getting better Nick, I hope you and the Ex can work it out to some level of cooperation for the sake of the kids. It’s damn tough when there are kids involved. Best of luck with everything and you definitely deserve a break after dealing with all that.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Glad things are getting better Nick, I hope you and the Ex can work it out to some level of cooperation for the sake of the kids. It’s damn tough when there are kids involved. Best of luck with everything and you definitely deserve a break after dealing with all that.

Thanks, man. I don’t think it’ll get any better anytime soon as she’s still hurling insults at me, even when I just want to talk about the kids. My goal is to be the best father I can be, even if they’re 300 miles away. As long as I put them first, teach them well, and provide a home where they can feel peace, everything else will fall into place.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Thanks, man. I don’t think it’ll get any better anytime soon as she’s still hurling insults at me, even when I just want to talk about the kids. My goal is to be the best father I can be, even if they’re 300 miles away. As long as I put them first, teach them well, and provide a home where they can feel peace, everything else will fall into place.

How does "being the best father you can, 300 miles away" work, practically speaking?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
oh gaston, you disappoint. :(
that would be MONEY first and foremost (for safety and security of child) then DUE care and attention.
the law DOES legislate compassion via gunpoint, so.... :D

Having grown up in a house with parents that couldn't stand each other, and going through a divorce myself- IMHO you and your kids are better off. You have escaped a toxic marriage and when you do find happiness with someone else, your kids will have a chance, at least while they visit you, of seeing what a normal, healthy relationship looks like. Hang in there man...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
How does "being the best father you can, 300 miles away" work, practically speaking?

well,

300 miles ain't shit if they need me there. I can drive to get to performances for school things and other events with very little issue. Given that their mother would rather watch me die than be in the same room with me (no hyperbole here, she's told me as much this past summer) being invited to things likely won't happen.
My ex-wife is locked into meeting me halfway for child swaps (we may not have used lawyers for divorce negotiations, but I sure as shit made sure that the divorce decree protected me), so that makes visitation every other weekend much easier.

Money, of course, but I'm only using that to ensure the lemondrops (my kids) have what they need in both homes.

Having grown up in a house with parents that couldn't stand each other, and going through a divorce myself- IMHO you and your kids are better off. You have escaped a toxic marriage and when you do find happiness with someone else, your kids will have a chance, at least while they visit you, of seeing what a normal, healthy relationship looks like. Hang in there man...

Thank you very much, mista B :D

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Welcome back Lem.

Glad you made it out the other side from that horseshit. Just keep doing what's best for your kids and being a good parent.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Glad to see you’re back on track in life. I feel you man - I just got done with a lengthy divorce. Literally Friday morning it was finalized. Took years but it’s done and over with. I got to keep ALL my stuff except the car though and no alimony, no kids so that’s also not an issue. Hope everything continues to straighten out for you