What Scart Switch do you use?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I am looking for a quality scart switch. The two ones I keep seeing are the hama and the bandridge.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I used to use a Shinybow, but I switched over to a gscartsw about two years ago. It works perfectly.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have all my male scart cables ziptied together and I just switch them manually into a female cable end coming off my monitor. I tried a few cheap eBay switches but there was way too much interference.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
What were the ones wyo was selling? Eagle I think, I need to get one here soon.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They were Belkin manual 5-way switchers, and they're amazing.

Bandridge SVB7725. Solid switches, I use them myself. If you need more than 4 or 5 inputs then get a fancier switch.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Bandridge SVB7725. Solid switches, I use them myself. If you need more than 4 or 5 inputs then get a fancier switch.

Or just sacrifice an input on one and daisy chain. Still happy with my Bandridge SVB7725 from wyo. :buttrock:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That's what it was, thanks for correcting my spelling blub

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I need about 10 inputs, so I think I will go with the Hydra 16 so I never have to buy another.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I need about 10 inputs, so I think I will go with the Hydra 16 so I never have to buy another.

I have a hydra 8 way and its really damn good.

My only gripe about them is I think he should of designed the power input a little better.

Its powered via a micro usb on the bottom side of the PCB which would be really easy to damage if you accidentally push down or drop something on it.

Other than that highly recommend it :)

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Shinybow 5520. Good quality pictures and solidly built. Works well with Framemeister.

I don't know why people recommends bandrige, its total crap.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have all my male scart cables ziptied together and I just switch them manually into a female cable end coming off my monitor. I tried a few cheap eBay switches but there was way too much interference.
Yeah, I don't use a switch either. I don't see the point of having multiple retro consoles hooked up. I'll probably need to get a good one of those cables when I add scart to the TV so I don't have to reach all the way back there.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
8f006b0415476214dd25aca904d2d426.jpg

Makes life easier with set ups like this one.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Shinybow SB-5525 (6x2 Scart Matrix Switcher). Been solid since I got it.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I use an Extron Crosspoint - really nothing beats it. Larger device, but can also switch every retro gaming signal type out there (whereas most of the other switchers only do RGBS for example). They also come in MUCH larger input/output sizes than all others.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, I don't use a switch either. I don't see the point of having multiple retro consoles hooked up. I'll probably need to get a good one of those cables when I add scart to the TV so I don't have to reach all the way back there.

All my other systems that run on s-video, component, or composite are hooked up to regular switches and remain hooked up at all times. But honestly swapping a scart cable doesn't take much more effort than hitting a button on a switch, and I have so many scart systems that I'd need an expensive ass switch anyway, so screw it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have all mine hooked up. If I feel like playing a game and I realize I need to hook the cables and stuff to the TV, I immediately lose interest. This way they're all within one or two button clicks and we're good to go.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't want all my systems and cables out collecting dust and getting tangled up. Don't want all those AC adapters plugged in drawing power and getting warm anyway. Some of them are meant for Japan.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I don't want all my systems and cables out collecting dust and getting tangled up. Don't want all those AC adapters plugged in drawing power and getting warm anyway. Some of them are meant for Japan.

My setup has them all plugged into a large switchable extension lead so I can turn on individual systems as req’d.

Also have the same setup for the Japanese systems but with a transformer in the middle.

Beats having them stored in a box never seeing daylight imo :)