Women's world cup 2019

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Anyone watching it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-c...-fixtures-latest-match-results-full-schedule/

My wife does and occasionally I glance over when there's a goal about to happen. The standard is definately on the whole lower than the mens game, but some teams look quite strong - e.g. USA, England, France & Germany.

Scotland got knocked out rather embrassingly by Argentina. 3-0 up the last 20 minutes then let 3 goals in :angry:

I'll probably watch the final, they are now down the last 16.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
my cousins went there to watch the USA games. looks like it was money well spent.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Technically they play very well, it's just slower and less powerful.

Ultra slo-mos are cool, tho, lotsa pantyshots.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't need a reason or excuse, when I think it's shit, it's shit for me, and that's it.

That's not the case here, tho. I keep watching and like what I see, it's just different, get over it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't need a reason or excuse, when I think it's shit, it's shit for me, and that's it.

That's not the case here, tho. I keep watching and like what I see, it's just different, get over it.

Sounds like you’re just parroting what you’re hearing men say on tv.

What’s the point of making a comment about the women’s game being slower and less powerful?

What’s the fucking point?

Pure and simple, it’s shitting on their game in a passive aggressive fashion. If you want to express neutrality, just say nothing. It’s more effective.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Man, Wasabi, calm down. Why are you so aggressive all the time? I'm watching women's footie for years now and it's my observation that it's good but not as powerful and fast, that's it. Opinions are like assholes, you have one, I have one, let's leave it at that, eh. It's not on you to tell me what to think or post.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
For what it's worth, I agree the women's game is definately slower on the whole. With a few exceptions, there's at least one in the French team that seems to run much faster than the rest of her or the opposing team. It's a shame - she's always ready to convert a kick to goal but her teams mates are too far behind.

I do like seeing how friendly women's football is - when one player knocks down another, they usually help each other up - you see much less of that in the men's game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man, Wasabi, calm down. Why are you so aggressive all the time? I'm watching women's footie for years now and it's my observation that it's good but not as powerful and fast, that's it. Opinions are like assholes, you have one, I have one, let's leave it at that, eh. It's not on you to tell me what to think or post.

What an ancient and overused cliche...

Put on your pants and stop airing out your your shitty asshole. You’ll find other people stop airing theirs too.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I do like seeing how friendly women's football is - when one player knocks down another, they usually help each other up - you see much less of that in the men's game.

Lol. Thank God we dont see this in the Mens game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lol. Thank God we dont see this in the Mens game.

See it all the time in the men’s game.

Most of the men’s game isn’t Mark Van Bommel fouls, Roberto Carlos screamers, or Marc Overmas swashbuckling runs.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
See it all the time in the men’s game.

Most of the men’s game isn’t Mark Van Bommel fouls, Roberto Carlos screamers, or Marc Overmas swashbuckling runs.

Jockman said he sees it more often in the womens game. I like that the Men don't do it as often.

I'm not saying I dont like sportsmanship but to a certain degree. On the pitch I want them to play hard and be aggressive. Hug, handshake, break bread after the game is done.

This is not just in football but in any physical contact sport. You could patty cake after the game.

The only reason a player should go back to check on his opponent who he just slide tackled from behind and ripped his legs out from underneath him is if the ref calls it and he wants to avoid getting a red or yellow card lol.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Jockman said he sees it more often in the womens game. I like that the Men don't do it as often.

I'm not saying I dont like sportsmanship but to a certain degree. On the pitch I want them to play hard and be aggressive. Hug, handshake, break bread after the game is done.

This is not just in football but in any physical contact sport. You could patty cake after the game.

The only reason a player should go back to check on his opponent who he just slide tackled from behind and ripped his legs out from underneath him is if the ref calls it and he wants to avoid getting a red or yellow card lol.

for a guy with a football logo as his profile pic, you don't sound like you watch football much. Players help each other up often. Could it happen more often in the women's game? I guess. Is it happening more? I would have to see objective numbers. But men helping opponents up in football matches is super common.

Are the women playing patty cake? Sounds kind of mysoginistic. So like, if you have a daughter, does she end up being a second class, playing patty cake when she should be fighting for a win? Would her sports interests be jokes? Should she just grow up to make babies, sandwiches, and shut the fuck up? Don't take it personally. Because I don't think that's what you want to look like. It does come off that way when you use "patty cakes" to describe the women's soccer games.

According to Takumaji, it's slow, less powerful, and needs more panty shots.

I don't really care about womens sports, but I have to call you guys out for mysoginy here.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
For what it's worth, I agree the women's game is definately slower on the whole. With a few exceptions, there's at least one in the French team that seems to run much faster than the rest of her or the opposing team. It's a shame - she's always ready to convert a kick to goal but her teams mates are too far behind.

Seems like they're tougher too. They don't feign injury as much as the men. When they do get hurt they get up and play harder. Frequently somebody has to stop the game and drag them off the field to check them out.

US Spain @ 12 I've trying to figure what channel for the last 50 minutes

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The women's game is purer, in that it has not been ruined by overpaid prima donnas and cheating/unsportsmanlike conduct. Football used to be a real man's game. Players would shake off hard challenges and keep going until they could no longer do so. If a player stayed down after a tackle, it was because they were genuinely injured. Diving and cheating your way to victory was unacceptable. Ironically, these days, the women's game is a superior representation of how the sport is supposed to be played.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I totally agree with the prima donna angle in the mens game, especially with certain South American teams, although others do it too. Some prick somewhere worked out that overplaying an injury leads to free kicks and penalties. Ruined the sport for everyone else.

The women’s game being less established seems to have side stepped this legacy, thank fuck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I totally agree with the prima donna angle in the mens game, especially with certain South American teams, although others do it too. Some prick somewhere worked out that overplaying an injury leads to free kicks and penalties. Ruined the sport for everyone else.

The women’s game being less established seems to have side stepped this legacy, thank fuck.

When Cristiano dove after a bump from Rooney back in 2006, that was the turning point.

but no one beats Neymar for diving.