Finally booted my driving games and completed my HNG64 full set

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I found a I/O pcb on eBay a few months ago, and after some really solid cleaning I got around to testing it on my Rev 2 mobo.

As far as the layout between a rev 1 and driving I/O boards are concerned, they appear to be identical. Seems like the bios is controlling the functions of the board itself, as my bios is marked with a D revision...which I am highly assuming is driving.

I don't have a Rev 1 I/O board to test my theory on, but my guess is if you bios swap the boards you can convert a fighting board to a driving and vise versa.

Now I just need to wire up a wheel and pedals. Unfortunately my I/O board came with no wiring, so I need to rebuild both harnesses into the board and then figure out what pins are what. I haven't found a schematic for the driving games yet so that'll be fun......

0.jpg

and I did boot past network check screen using the pinout ground diagram on Jamma Nation X. Glad that exists!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to your covering of driving games.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I found a Roads Edge schematic that might help http://crazykong.com/manuals/RoadsEdge.man.pdf last two pages

The problem with the schematic is it does not seem to tell you what pins go from the 34 and 32 pin connectors on the I/O board TO THE JST connectors. Considering I don’t even have the harnesses, I’ll have to figure it out some other way. I know a few people who have them so maybe someone will take copious photographs so I can do it visually. That’ll cost some real beer money though lol

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I'd ask Xian Xi or NeoTurfMasta, seems like they have the most info on these HNG64's

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlQOxP1Vmg
Lukemorse1 has a video similar to what you're attempting

Yeah I have the pinout for where I have to install leads from the wheel / stick to the connectors on front of the I/O board. What I don’t have is a wire map from the JST housings to the two row surface mounted connectors on the I/O board. One 34 and one 32 pin connector. That’s what I don’t have a schematic for