Terminator: Dark Fate

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Anyone seen it yet? What are your thoughts?

I went to watch it last night and enjoyed it, It actually felt like a Terminator film to me and seems a acceptable sequel to T2.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Haven't seen it yet but from the trailers it looks pretty legit. Might check it out for my bday coming up...something fun to do

Good to hear its not garbage

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm ready for it! James Cameron, Linda, Arnie, R-rating????yes plz.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Wait, We got a film in the Cinema before you guys!?

Shit how did that happen!?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It could just be me getting old and sick of repeats...but it looks boring to me.

Linda/Arnie are just old as shit and look it....and that deadpan actress Mackenzie Davis in a lead role looks as animated as a carton of milk (as usual).

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
It could just be me getting old and sick of repeats...but it looks boring to me.

Linda/Arnie are just old as shit and look it....and that deadpan actress Mackenzie Davis in a lead role looks as animated as a carton of milk (as usual).

Thats the thing its not really a repeat of the same old story.

I cant really say more without spoilers but Skynet as per T2 story line is dead and Linda/Arnie have both aged appropriately.

I must admit the idea of a robot ageing and giving himself grey hairs is amusing.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

If it’s a direct sequel to Terminator 2 as they claim I’ll at least give it a try. It can’t be worse than salvation. Plus Linda Hamilton is kinda badass.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
When I think about this film, it feels like those flyers on a bulletin board with the little paper tags you can tear to 'claim a spot' at the event but I don't take one because I can't get hyped for it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
If it’s a direct sequel to Terminator 2 as they claim I’ll at least give it a try. It can’t be worse than salvation.

Genysis.

The order up to now is

1 > 2 > 3 > Salvation > Castration > Genysis

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I watched a great review of the film...wow, fuck that mess.

Spoiler:
LOL @ the 5 ft tall illegal girl being the next savior . Crossin' that border to come save all of us morons. Gotta love that SJW Hollywood horse shit.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I will watch it when it is on streaming service. The only movie I plan to go see at a theater this year is Ford vs. Ferrari.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Genysis.

The order up to now is

The first Terminator film is definitely the best, IMO- I liked the way it was a low budget, gritty film, but the story was great. But 2 is still way better than the rest.
Usually the first film in any series is the best.
The first Star Wars was the best, and IMO Return of the Jedi is the next best after that, not Empire Strikes Back.
The first Godfather, Die Hard, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matrix, Blade Runner and First Blood are the best films in their respective series, and there are many more examples.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tencent i.e. China is coproducing it so I don't have high hopes.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The first Terminator film is definitely the best, IMO- I liked the way it was a low budget, gritty film, but the story was great. But 2 is still way better than the rest.
Usually the first film in any series is the best.
The first Star Wars was the best, and IMO Return of the Jedi is the next best after that, not Empire Strikes Back.
The first Godfather, Die Hard, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matrix, Blade Runner and First Blood are the best films in their respective series, and there are many more examples.

The joe's starting going to shit after joe4

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Genysis.

The order up to now is

What about the Sarah Connor Chronicles or whatever that tv show was called.

Ranking the films is pointless. The first 2 are the only ones worth a damn.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Went to see it yesterday and guys, it absolutely sucks.
'true sequel to T2!' is nothing but marketing hype and even though the return of Linda Hamilton is cool, this movie never ever comes near T2 in any way. The story makes NO SENSE and is an absolute mess, the action sequences go absolutely CGI crazy in a bad way. I was a big Terminator fan but they should put this franchise to rest. We just have to accept that T1 and T2 will never be bettered.
Apparently Genesys was a big hit in China and they promoted this to be an even bigger hit with their dumb marketing.

Honestly guys, let this one slide. It fucking sucks.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Went to see it yesterday and guys, it absolutely sucks.
'true sequel to T2!' is nothing but marketing hype and even though the return of Linda Hamilton is cool, this movie never ever comes near T2 in any way. The story makes NO SENSE and is an absolute mess, the action sequences go absolutely CGI crazy in a bad way. I was a big Terminator fan but they should put this franchise to rest. We just have to accept that T1 and T2 will never be bettered.
Apparently Genesys was a big hit in China and they promoted this to be an even bigger hit with their dumb marketing.

Honestly guys, let this one slide. It fucking sucks.

What about it makes no sense?

Seemed a pretty straight forward story to me?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
The 'enhanced' human soldier comes out of thin air with limited explanation.
Apparently T800's can grow to become happy old family men who's into (not lying here) carpeting. O and dogs now apparently like terminators since Arnie pets his dog a couple of times.
Skynet never happened because of some alternate reality concoction which immediately renders the occurrences of T1 and T2 pointless. The addition of Sarah Connor now feels more of a box office draw rather than actually add weight to the story cause 'who the f* is Sarah Connor'.
Biggest complaint I have is that the story and characters are shallow. T2 was about a machine - human interaction and you could feel a bonding between Arnie and John during that movie. None of that here.
Go see it by all means but if your expectations are T2-level, you'll be severely disappointed

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
The 'enhanced' human soldier comes out of thin air with limited explanation.
Apparently T800's can grow to become happy old family men who's into (not lying here) carpeting. O and dogs now apparently like terminators since Arnie pets his dog a couple of times.
Skynet never happened because of some alternate reality concoction which immediately renders the occurrences of T1 and T2 pointless. The addition of Sarah Connor now feels more of a box office draw rather than actually add weight to the story cause 'who the f* is Sarah Connor'.
Biggest complaint I have is that the story and characters are shallow. T2 was about a machine - human interaction and you could feel a bonding between Arnie and John during that movie. None of that here.
Go see it by all means but if your expectations are T2-level, you'll be severely disappointed

Spoilers contained:

So the enhanced soldier is fully explained by the end of the film, She was rescued by the future rebel leader and after being injured during battle was augmented. The T800 getting old is admittedly odd but you could argue that its a infiltration unit so changed itself to blend in I dunno about that one.

Skynet does not exist because Sarah & John destroyed it in T2 therefore making it non existent in this film which is set after T2.

I admit the machine/Human interaction is not there this time but there is a obvious bond between the soldier and target.
That again is made more obvious by the end.
There is also a inkling of a respect between Sarah and the T800 which I think could of been fleshed out a little.

The only thing that does concern me somewhat is the ending.
It felt left open for another sequel which I think would be back down the rabbit hole.

But in a nut shell its just a re-telling of T2 really.

Its basically the same formula but with some throw backs to T2.

But nobody should ever expect anything to beat T2, It wont that film was nigh on perfect.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
1 more spoiler:

There was one potential plot flaw IMO however regarding the death of John.

Firstly the kid who played him looked way to young and dweeby but thats just my opinion.

Secondly I couldn’t get my head around why it was a T800 going after him when it was originally the T-1000.

I know the 1000 was technically a prototype so you could argue that it had 800s sent as back up but you would of thought that it would of made more sense to send multiple T-1000s?

I dunno maybe I am over thinking it.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
1 more spoiler:

There was one potential plot flaw IMO however regarding the death of John.

Firstly the kid who played him looked way to young and dweeby but thats just my opinion.

Secondly I couldn’t get my head around why it was a T800 going after him when it was originally the T-1000.

I know the 1000 was technically a prototype so you could argue that it had 800s sent as back up but you would of thought that it would of made more sense to send multiple T-1000s?

I dunno maybe I am over thinking it.

"John Connor was terminated"

"I was selected for the emotional attachment he had for my model due to his boyhood experiences. This aided in my infiltration."

"What are you saying?"

"I killed you."