Are we making too big a deal of mental health issues?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Seems like a hot topic these days.

Every time someone gets caught out, fucks up, can't be bothered - they play the mental health card.

Most work places here now have a mental health recognition day where people are supposed to hold hands and pretend it's ok for grown men to cry for 8 hours. Next day we can all go back to tearing strips off each other! being a workplace psycho is ok as long as we're turning a profit for 364 days a year.

I prefer the good old days when men just internalised it all, got drunk and dealt with it. Weak cunts who neck themselves and leave a trail of destruction behind are made out to be martyrs now it seems.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I agree with you. Whenever a shooting happens all the retards say, "We need more mental health services". The fact is we need stronger family units and better parents.

I despise it when people use mental health as a crutch. Too many Americans think medicine is the answer. No, a strong exercise regimen, a healthy diet and socializing will work wonders.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
There is truth to this topic.
Lots of faggits In the workplace nowadays who can't handle any setback without having to resort to drugs/doctors/shrinks/excuses.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Like anything else, open the door all the way and everyone rushes in.

Mental health was overlooked in a horrid way for nearly forever. It was shunned, thought poorly of, or ignored altogether. Now, we open the door to bridge that gap and here comes the me-too's. All of the assholes that really aren't mentally ill but sure do think they are. Now we have millions of people that really aren't mentally ill claiming they are and it is washing away those that really do need our help and understanding.

Like Sage said, we need better family units...and I mean "family" in a broad sense. This has to be addressed locally, not globally.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yes and no

Good, more emphasis on mental health which is a good thing. We live in a society that's more habit driven than ever.

Bad, treating it with drugs. This is the immediate reflex, and it's almost always the incorrect diagnosis.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
yes and no

Good, more emphasis on mental health which is a good thing. We live in a society that's more habit driven than ever.

Bad, treating it with drugs. This is the immediate reflex, and it's almost always the incorrect diagnosis.

True...the fact is that we really still know little about mental health. Watching what has been done to my manic depressive father in law has definitely proved to me that they know nothing more than to chuck drugs at it.

The tragedy are the mentally ill people that have been horribly hurt by Rx drugs over they years due to real time experiments under the guise of "help".

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I agree with you. Whenever a shooting happens all the retards say, "We need more mental health services". The fact is we need stronger family units and better parents.

I despise it when people use mental health as a crutch. Too many Americans think medicine is the answer. No, a strong exercise regimen, a healthy diet and socializing will work wonders.
That's not very progressive of you to think. Who needs family?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So Scientology is the answer, obviously.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Electro Shock Therapy has worked in rare cases. Bzzzzzzap

My father in law had that done to him 3 times, the last time when my wife was old enough to remember him going through it.

Protip: Didn't work.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
We're all looking at it wrong, the human psyche is like a piece of fruit and as it gets older ideally it should be kept dry for it to slowly desiccate until death, relatively unchanged.. Unfortunately some are more prone to moisture than others and it causes mold growth and then weird shit happens. You can't fix that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

good lord this is ignorant

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
good lord this is ignorant

I agree with you, it is my most controversial opinion. But popping pills is not the answer, hard labor is! Round up all the whiners and have them work so hard they'll be too tired to be sad.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I agree with you, it is my most controversial opinion. But popping pills is not the answer, hard labor is! Round up all the whiners and have them work so hard they'll be too tired to be sad.

It's official. Lonesage has gone full Chinaman.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Fuck what all these cunts say. I agree with you.

Sometimes I think the world needs another large scale war just to reset people’s priorities and give them perspective.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The tragedy are the mentally ill people that have been horribly hurt by Rx drugs over they years due to real time experiments under the guise of "help".

yeah what he said!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck what all these cunts say. I agree with you.

Sometimes I think the world needs another large scale war just to reset people’s priorities and give them perspective.

I feel that there might not be an Australia left if we follow you on this.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I feel that there might not be an Australia left if we follow you on this.

theMot's plan is for everyone else to destroy each other then Australia swoops in and takes over the world, much like the USA did after WW2.

Shackleford

Banned
'straya ain't got nukes!

Australia - 0
'Merica - 6,000+

america1.jpg