Watches

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Watches may be to show off wealth or status to some, but to me they've always just been part of living. It's no different to me than carrying a pocket knife everywhere I go. I've been eyeing a Tag Carrera Calibre 5 blue dial stainless steel watch for a few months now. Think I'm going to pull the trigger soon. No other reason than I really like it and would wear it everywhere, including kayaking. Those things are meant to be worn. I know a guy who surfs in one. The US Navy even qualified the Tag Aquaracer as one of their wearables.
I work in I.T. Manage I.T., and I'm over smart watches and wearable tech. Maybe they're too millennial, or faddish, I don't know. It's the same reason I don't use cell phone camera as a primary camera. There's something to be said about a good DSLR. I probably use my Nikon FM10 film camera more than digital cameras or my mobile phone camera. Same for watches. They are just more organic and timeless to me. And that's what watches should be about. Special to the wearer, regardless of what spectators think. That Apple Watch and cell phone will be obsolete before needing to replace them. A good watch or camera can last a lifetime and be handed down.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
A part of me wants a watch, sure. But a couple years back some guy took his watch off and the tan line his watch left on his wrist was really, really gross. So that's why I've never got one.

I'm still a big fan of Seiko's musical melody cuckoo-esque clocks.

edit: OH SHIT SHROOM WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME, WHAT'S UP faggot

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
what about kit-kat clocks?

I've been meaning to get one of those. I wanted to find an OG but they're mostly broken or expensive. So I'll just settle for one of the new ones.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i bought one years and then the tail stopped moving, thus eliminating the gimmick. changing batteries does nothing.

now it just hangs there, stuck at 4:32 PM.

for some cheap plastic they sure are expensive. 60€ on amazon for the standard black one. needs 2 C batteries and it drains them pretty fast too.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I just bought a cheap $8.88 digital one from Walmart the other day, primarily to make sure that I punch in/out on the time clock at work on time because the wall clock in the office is always off, no matter how many times it gets fixed. No, I'm not going to win any fashion or prestige contests with this thing (yes, I can afford better, but, don't care; as long as it keeps time, that's all I give a shit about). The alarm clock on it comes in handy too, as I'm super paranoid about being late for work/appointments, so, I always set two alarms--and then wake up hours before either one even has a chance to go off--needless to say, I'm wound tight like a spring and don't get enough sleep).

IMG_20200203_152221.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
As an aside, I used one of those fooking self check-out terminals and, I didn't notice in the store, but, when I got home, I saw that, instead of getting my receipt for the watch, I got one for a pair of earrings and some gold hoops (presumably also earrings?) Walmart is not-so-subtly trying to get me to start wearing women's jewelry, or buy gifts for the wife/girlfriend that I don't have, not sure which. If I can't find a needle, I can just use one of those hole-puncher things to pierce my ears, right? I'll wipe it down with rubbing alcohol first of course; safety is important.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I don't wear a watch but I did happen across the Konstantin Chaykin "Joker" watch this morning, and I'm torn because it's a neat watch but I don't know if I'm committed enough to become the serial child murderer that it seems to demand.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I wore a watch from teenager to about 10 years ago. It took awhile to adjust but I didn't see the need of a watch while I am carrying a cell phone.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wore a watch from teenager to about 10 years ago. It took awhile to adjust but I didn't see the need of a watch while I am carrying a cell phone.

Now if everyone would think this way the fax machine might disappear because well.. email.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Been rocking this retro looking Seiko SNKM97 for awhile now.

294d3900588263cffcf6725082822bb1.jpg

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I have two Breitling (Seawolf yellow & Bentley); one Ulise Nardin hammerhead old version, one Hublot big bang ceramic, and finally a Richard Mille 6302. About $70K all.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I started r/WatchAficionado on subreddit if any of you wankers want to contribute on there. The main subreddit for watches has too many rules so I started my own.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I started r/WatchAficionado on subreddit if any of you wankers want to contribute on there. The main subreddit for watches has too many rules so I started my own.

You go on any nice rides on that Harley? Beautiful cruiser.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
You go on any nice rides on that Harley? Beautiful cruiser.

Thanks Sagey. Yeah I take it over to North Carolina from TN over the Cherohala Skyway into the Appalachians and over thru the Blue Ridge. I want to ride it out west.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Real men feel no need to tell how much the watches cost, noob.

Yea that's one thing I've never quite understood. Why does monetary value always have to be stated when people have expensive things? Are you enjoying it or enjoying throwing it in other people's faces? Never could wrap my head around that.

@M

20 Year Member
Well, I stated the monetary value on mine too, but, it was just cheap Walmart shit. :mr_t:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well, I stated the monetary value on mine too, but, it was just cheap Walmart shit. :mr_t:

And I'm not saying anyone should not disclose the price. I just find it odd that most expensive things are talked about for monetary value rather than the use or beauty of it. In the end? You like what you like. Bought this one today cause I dig Seiko as a brand.

e020070f1c470463e928c044fa306d90.jpg