The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Marek

Banned
Mjm do you really not know who Stephen Miller is?

That's kind of disturbing lol

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

He's a joker, he's a toker, he's a midnight smoker. He gets his loving on the run.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

I've said this before - this is really the only online community i'm a member of. I don't have facebook / instagram / twitter / snapchat. I know what they are but never been on the sites. Got my first cell phone (employer made a requirement of my position 22 months ago, never had one before that). I get my daily news from local paper and I read Reuters daily. I listen to MPR (MN version of NPR) on way to work and Mark Levin on way home. It provides a good balance of moderate left and hard right. i also read MSN World News almost daily because they pull from all hundreds of online media resources and can often find factual stuff w/o heavy opinion.

So, unless it's a site / person that generates enough pop culture buzz like John Oliver, Rachel Maddow, Jake Tapper, Tucker Carlson - folks like that, then i'll look them up and make a point to familiarize myself, at least to a minimal extent, with their content as they obviously have influence. I really try avoid heavily biased views one way or the other. Now though...i'll be googling Steven Miller...

EDIT: That's embarrassing. Yes, I know of him, read his name dozens of times in articles. Only seen photos a couple. Wasabi should have just said Kushner or something to save me this public embarrassment, and I should also probably stop typing.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Happy rando fact?

New Caledonia, Greenland, Aruba, Malta...that's the point. There are dozens of things to hold Trump accountable for, including marching Fauci out there today to backtrack on his CNN statements, but testing is a worldwide problem. That some Dutch protectorate with wealthy 2nd home owners is able to get lots of testing done isn't indicative of a Trump failure. This is a brand new thing and the testing part should be less politicized than it is.

Ok, I agree to disagree.

I would have sympathy for him say up until the beginning of the month.

Now that's just some arbitrary date I made up by I think he should have medical equipment/PPE and testing figured out by then. Some sort of plan would've been a nice bonus as well. Instead he's spent this time trying to spin it and hate tweet the virus into submission and played games with these supplies.

Really this all belongs in the Dumpster Fire

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so age demographics scales? what age groups are vulnerable % wise like? if for instance maybe...50% of cases are asymptomatic and only people who are 'Affluent' would be tested without presenting , how can you justify saying that Millions would die at all?

the flu thing is well unfortunate that old' folks can get busted by asymptomatic bringing it in their places because they had no idea maybe some tests for them> the workers there. but yeah the vulnerable?? should have allready been taking precautions before covid and would just continue now.

really interested in seeing if other cods have gone down ...I suppose car accidents should but more along the lines of flu deaths disapearing ya know?

eclypse

Banned
Awesome! Love you 2!

She is a female devil and I got to live with her a little longer.:(

Yup.. I'm a happy drunk! Only joy I have.. many beers and fucking rock band! Good old days. Jammin.

With that mean bish I'll have to hunt on craigslist for an american flag for the house! Thx biatch!

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Awesome! Love you 2!

She is a female devil and I got to live with her a little longer.:(

Yup.. I'm a happy drunk! Only joy I have.. many beers and fucking rock band! Good old days. Jammin.

With that mean bish I'll have to hunt on craigslist for an american flag for the house! Thx biatch!

Theres a Qanon thread in the dumpster fire section.
I bet you could post away all you want and nobody would care.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?275545-Are-you-QAnon

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Chinese cases are on the rise again, so not sure if reopening is a great idea.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

Which other countries are working with over 500K infected? I don't know man. You've been pretty informative but today your posts look like hot takes from Steven Miller's daily email blast. Can you give sources for your claims?

Yup I'm expecting a spike around April 22.

This shit is...inevitable, I'm starting to think.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Gonna believe any information out of China? They lied from top to bottom now their game plan is saying We cleared and won over the virus, new infections are from foreigners?

Meanwhile in the USA nurses are dancing in TikTok videos and empty or underwhelmed hospitals. MI and NV bans or tries to ban potential treatments. People on both left and right willing to do anything to go back to normal including multiple vaccine shots and full blown tracking and surveillance.

People always theorized or said in famous quotes people would plead for their own slavery if not demand it outright. Looks like that idea is true for some. Just as long as Gates foundation is heading that up then its ok right :wink:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
They lied from top to bottom now their game plan is saying We cleared and won over the virus, new infections are from foreigners?

Yeah xenophobia is at an all-time high now, especially for black people (mostly Africans) in Guangzhou (in southern China). The government has control of the media but can passively push forth a narrative by encouraging and not censoring information. I saw a video where a bunch of them were kicked out of their apartments and police in riot gear were walking them out yesterday. It's pretty nuts.

Here's a comic that eventually got censored but was popular for a while last week, about sorting 'foreign garbage': http://shanghaiist.com/2020/04/06/t...-trash-sorting-is-really-something-to-behold/

My favorite panel is the one about foreign men seducing Chinese women, wtf does that have to do with coronavirus, so insecure :thevt:

I've had to tell my girlfriend to stop playfully hitting me in public (yeah it's...something she does, I don't fucking know) because she's oblivious to the situation. I get looks now, have overheard Chinese people talking about foreigners (because durr obviously I can't understand Chinese since I'm white durr) and I sure don't want anyone covertly recording me on cell phone with 'FOREIGNER BEATS CHINESE GIRL, KICK HIM OUT OF CHINA.' It is definitely a sensitive time in China right now for foreigners.

That said, what is the government going to do tomorrow with the anti-foreigner sentiment? No foreigners have been allowed in two weeks, and two weeks is about the time it takes for symptoms to show up, so they're going to need a new scapegoat. Out of the hundreds of cases coming from outside China, it was only a few foreigners who tests positive, the rest being mainly Chinese students studying abroad or rich Chinese with property in other countries.

For roughly the past month, speaking for Beijing, people have been out and about, and last week was when many of the small shops/restaurants re-opened (and social distancing hasn't been enforced). So it seemed to me that it was practically under control. With Wuhan opening up finally I guess we'll see how many new cases there will be within a week or two.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
really interested in seeing if other cods have gone down ...I suppose car accidents should but more along the lines of flu deaths disapearing ya know?

Sweden are using this as evidence their lighter touch approach is still working - they say they have seen an abrupt and unusually early end to both their seasonal influenza and seasonal norovirus cases.

Marek

Banned
By design.

You dont get to talk about design you fucking moron.

What about your big news that was supposed to drop last week, you conapiretard faggot?

I kind of would like the beat the fuck out of you in front of your kids. It was your idea, dont forget.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah xenophobia is at an all-time high now, especially for black people (mostly Africans) in Guangzhou (in southern China). The government has control of the media but can passively push forth a narrative by encouraging and not censoring information. I saw a video where a bunch of them were kicked out of their apartments and police in riot gear were walking them out yesterday. It's pretty nuts.

Here's a comic that eventually got censored but was popular for a while last week, about sorting 'foreign garbage': http://shanghaiist.com/2020/04/06/t...-trash-sorting-is-really-something-to-behold/

My favorite panel is the one about foreign men seducing Chinese women, wtf does that have to do with coronavirus, so insecure :thevt:

I've had to tell my girlfriend to stop playfully hitting me in public (yeah it's...something she does, I don't fucking know) because she's oblivious to the situation. I get looks now, have overheard Chinese people talking about foreigners (because durr obviously I can't understand Chinese since I'm white durr) and I sure don't want anyone covertly recording me on cell phone with 'FOREIGNER BEATS CHINESE GIRL, KICK HIM OUT OF CHINA.' It is definitely a sensitive time in China right now for foreigners.

That said, what is the government going to do tomorrow with the anti-foreigner sentiment? No foreigners have been allowed in two weeks, and two weeks is about the time it takes for symptoms to show up, so they're going to need a new scapegoat. Out of the hundreds of cases coming from outside China, it was only a few foreigners who tests positive, the rest being mainly Chinese students studying abroad or rich Chinese with property in other countries.

For roughly the past month, speaking for Beijing, people have been out and about, and last week was when many of the small shops/restaurants re-opened (and social distancing hasn't been enforced). So it seemed to me that it was practically under control. With Wuhan opening up finally I guess we'll see how many new cases there will be within a week or two.

So you're saying now would not be a good time for Maury V to bring his gonzo "urban hentai" film making style to China?

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Dude, the videos coming out of Guangzhou are really sad. Seeing Africans literally sleeping on the streets breaks my heart....

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Bit of possible good news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ay-free-playstation-4-video-games/2989400001/

PlayStation's coronavirus contribution: Free 'Uncharted,' 'Journey' PS4 video games

Need some video game pursuits to keep you occupied during the stay-at-home measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus? Sony has a giveaway for PlayStation 4 players.

Starting Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT, PS4 owners can download "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" and the game "Journey" for free. Once you download the games, you can keep them. But you must download the games by May 5.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Bit of possible good news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ay-free-playstation-4-video-games/2989400001/

PlayStation's coronavirus contribution: Free 'Uncharted,' 'Journey' PS4 video games

Need some video game pursuits to keep you occupied during the stay-at-home measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus? Sony has a giveaway for PlayStation 4 players.

Starting Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT, PS4 owners can download "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" and the game "Journey" for free. Once you download the games, you can keep them. But you must download the games by May 5.

Much like the PSN outage gifts, they're pretty much done to advertise players to buy later entries in the uncharted series and TLOU I/II than is to be altruistic.

Give Bloodborne, Sony. Stay at home guaranteed.

eclypse

Banned
I hear blue states and city's are going to attempt to hold them hostage. As in never reopen. Basically launching a civil war. Closing their ports as well to block all shipments.

My source predicted this 9 weeks ago and it's happening.

eclypse

Banned
You dont get to talk about design you fucking moron.

What about your big news that was supposed to drop last week, you conapiretard faggot?

I kind of would like the beat the fuck out of you in front of your kids. It was your idea, dont forget.

Small talk. Just promise if you show your face at my door you swing first.

Flip of a switch I'll be unleashing 47 years of deep down rage.

As I've told my kids.. you dont want to see me get into a fight as you wont be seeing me again as I'll be behind bars.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I hear blue states and city's are going to attempt to hold them hostage. As in never reopen. Basically launching a civil war. Closing their ports as well to block all shipments.

mY sOUrCe pRedICteD iT

You're a chump

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

lol

With what military force? The police? The Federalized National guard?

The cities are going to block the corporately owned ports?

lol

Last edited: