Neo Geo 3

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just get tired of all these "YouTube" people acting like they are some gaming god of news and just regurgitate what others rumor about. He's one of the worst and he can eat a bag of baby dicks.

how many baby dicks are in a bag?

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Sorry, won't click on the video but I just want to know if the Neo Geo 3 will look nice on the shelf alongside the Ataribox and Intellivision Amico. :rolleyes:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Im only interested if it uses laserdiscs....
In reality, It'll be another emulation machine if this is anything at all.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Howdy friends, even if this was true, SNK is basically owned by Chinese now. Who the fuck wants a Neo-Geo owned by China.

Sorry we don't live in the 'Beijing got nuked' timeline.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
As usual with SNK over the last decade i'll wait a few months after whatever they release. See how many are posted under our Market place before jumping on this bandwagon.

On a different note, I hope they do a fire sale on their arcade pro controller. I kinda want one. Just so I can gut it and put real hardware in it. (But that's bored stuck at home thoughts)

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I think a mini AES would sell well, if done right. They could create Wi-Fi enabled versions of their classic games, and also create new games.

Missile

Another Striker
Since it’s unrelated to the neogeo mini and the arcade stick pro, this would be the mini neogeo console shell I’d want lol:

neo_star.jpg

Thank god that in reality no one ever added a CD drive to the Neo Geo. Imagine how bad that would have been

Gaoh

New Challenger
Agreed.

Besides, over the last four years SNK has made how many new games? Oh yeah, two. Like it or not, SNK is a niche developer in this modern age that caters to a specific audience, the FGC. And that audience is a very, very, small part of the broader gaming community - and even then, the largest sector of the FGC is the Smash population who cares nothing about Terry Bogard or SNK.

Despite what "catch-em-all" retro-gamers on Youtube say or think, SNK just doesn't have the audience or capital to take that kind of risk. Another console derivative way to release old content? Sure. A new system with brand new games - especially quality sprite based games? No chance. Classic SNK died 20 years ago. There's plenty of nostalgia to continue to milk 90's IP's for another decade or so with re-releases, but that's about it.

Now, to real news - when are we going to hear more info on KOFXV ?

He’s actually been spot on with the neo geo predictions, maybe his source is kaiser for all we know, the guy who runs the pao pao discord(always streaming neo geo playthroughs and having q.a. With high up snk people) anyways why can’t they give us an aes mini for sakes

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
He’s actually been spot on with the neo geo predictions, maybe his source is kaiser for all we know, the guy who runs the pao pao discord(always streaming neo geo playthroughs and having q.a. With high up snk people) anyways why can’t they give us an aes mini for sakes

I enjoy your optimism here - and am glad that modern/newer SNK fans are so excited about this stuff. Hype is fun to get caught up in. At the same time, there isn't one person on this forum (especially those of us that have been following SNK, collecting, and contributing to the Neo-Geo community since the 90's) that doesn't want SNK to be successful. Despite our jaded snark, you are on NG.com for Christ's sake.

Moral of the story, just go out and play these games as there are already numerous avenues for you to do so right this very second: PC emulation, Raspberry Pi, Neo-Geo X, Neo-Geo Mini, Neo-Geo Aracde Stick Pro, Hamsters Arcade Archives releases (with world-wide leader boards no doubt), classic hardware, and modern ports of the most popular games with full online support and rollback netcode. Another "Neo-Geo" isn't going to change the games or the way you play them. :)

Last edited:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Prediction: The Neo Geo 3 will be a Fio waifu figure that has all six (6!!) Metal Slug games preloaded. You can use it to enter the SNK online store to buy and play their entire catalog of mobile games RIGHT IN YOUR HOME!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Prediction: The Neo Geo 3 will be a Fio waifu figure that has all six (6!!) Metal Slug games preloaded. You can use it to enter the SNK online store to buy and play their entire catalog of mobile games RIGHT IN YOUR HOME!

But does it also include the southern facilities?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I was his original source , My friend from SNK use to tell me the news and i would give him the info, i told him the shodown mini was coming before it was known and the asp being a controller before being known and told him about the neo 3 too but i no longer give any info to him, i dont know where he heard it will be shaped like a metal slug tank though

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_223004.jpg
    IMG_20210507_223004.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210507_223049.jpg
    IMG_20210507_223049.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210507_223146.jpg
    IMG_20210507_223146.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 27

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I was his original source , My friend from SNK use to tell me the news and i would give him the info, i told him the shodown mini was coming before it was known and the asp being a controller before being known and told him about the neo 3 too but i no longer give any info to him, i dont know where he heard it will be shaped like a metal slug tank though
Whats up Lee Gray, thank you for letting us know. After 2020 derailed the announcement of this unit, I assumed that this 3rd product was shelved in the interim (especially after the MVSX hit the market towards the end of last year).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Wasn't the Neo Geo 2 simply the Neo Geo X?
Sup Mai_Lover, technically yes lol but this whole numbered Neo Geo project idea came from the current SNK’s 40th anniversary products:

Neo Geo mini = 1
Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro = 2
??? = 3

The mysterious third hardware was mentioned during one of SNK’s investor presentations, though many assumed the later revealed MVSX was the aforementioned third system until the promo for a completely unrelated new unit with assumed wireless capabilities was teased.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Whats up Lee Gray, thank you for letting us know. After 2020 derailed the announcement of this unit, I assumed that this 3rd product was shelved in the interim (especially after the MVSX hit the market towards the end of last year).
Hi all I know since then was it was delayed after all work stopped for 3 months during the start of covid crisis and even now my friend is still working from home so i have no more news apart from its being released after the third quarter this year.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Hi all I know since then was it was delayed after all work stopped for 3 months during the start of covid crisis and even now my friend is still working from home so i have no more news apart from its being released after the third quarter this year.
Thank you again for keeping us in the loop; it is very much appreciated. More importantly, I’m glad to hear that your friend is alright and was able to safely work from home.