Is this shit for real?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Like legit prices?

$70 for Mr Bones? $90 for Panzer 1? What the hell happened? My saturn is modded anyway but what the fuck?

e019c045098a2b4cfdaccef38947e527.jpg

It's like these dudes are just now hearing about the console and shitting their pants.

Last edited:

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Retro is entering all time highs. Every aspect of the market is inflated like crazy. I sold off some of my less loved stuff because the asking price are insane.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Like legit prices?

$70 for Mr Bones? $90 for Panzer 1? What the hell happened? My saturn is modded anyway but what the fuck?

It's like these dudes are just now hearing about the console and shitting their pants.

There's a thread on Sega-16 which got some traction on this. It's gotten fucking stupid how high these prices are for shitty Saturn games.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So how much does Radiant Silvergun go for now then?

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
It’s people who watch a YouTube video on the Saturn after they’ve burned out collecting pc engine games that cause the price to go up so much. These types of people just try and look for “rare and obscure” games that often are garbage. They will pay whatever price to have garbage games that are just pieces to look at on their shelf.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Like legit prices?

When someone can just download the ISO and play it on a modded system, you have to ask what they should be spending that money on instead...

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Take a look at GameCube prices, they have completely exploded over the past 6 months. Even ultra commons like Mario Sunshine are now over $50. PS2 is heating up as well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
When someone can just download the ISO and play it on a modded system, you have to ask what they should be spending that money on instead...
Oh I don't buy or own any real Saturn games anymore. I think I have an original Virtua Cop with the gun but that's it. And I've had that since I got it for like $20 at Walmart in 1998 :D

I remember when buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for $100 was expensive.

I just don't get why all of a sudden these common games start climbing in price.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah its gone crazy, I predicted the prices of NGCD consoles would be going up once the SD loader was finished, Sure enough I had a look last night and I couldn't see a console only price under £250.

With box etc you were looking £350-400

I am just glad I have most of the stuff I want, I sometimes think I could sell a load of my stuff and make a mint but then I wouldn't have my shit that I love so not worth it.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Take a look at GameCube prices, they have completely exploded over the past 6 months. Even ultra commons like Mario Sunshine are now over $50. PS2 is heating up as well.

Yeah look at Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door. Pretty common game that now sells almost always for over $100.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

I have a boxed Hori Gamecube controller pad I got cheap many many years ago. Seeing it going for $200.00 on average is just gross.

Edit: Paper Mario goes for 100 bucks now? The fuck?

I just looked at Skies of Arcadia for the cube. Fucking $130.00 on average. Get the fuck out!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
LoneSage quote

When men can't fill a hole, they find other ways to fill the holes in themselves

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
But those U.S. Saturn boxes look sooooo sweeeeet

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Where do you guys look up game prices?

I still have a bunch of sealed gamecube games i never got to play, i wonder how much they go for.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lmbo
i got the japanese version of msh vs sf (not picture, but more or less the same as x-men vs sf) with RAM for a tenner back in the day

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I have a boxed Hori Gamecube controller pad I got cheap many many years ago. Seeing it going for $200.00 on average is just gross.

Edit: Paper Mario goes for 100 bucks now? The fuck?

I just looked at Skies of Arcadia for the cube. Fucking $130.00 on average. Get the fuck out!

It didn't realize the Gamecube one was over 100 either- but I recently found out the Nintendo 64 one sells for over $80 LOOSE

HDR, use Game Value Now or Price Charting, both give a pretty good over view

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Flippers, Youtube clowns and shelf queens: a lethal combination.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Wow i didn't know gamecubes worth that much...Kind of regretting opening Smash Bros($520), Sunshine($180), & Wind Waker($320) cuz my son wanted to try it out. He only played Smash less than an hour, same for Wind Waker. He did play Sunshine for a bit, so no regrets. Also opened up Mario Party 6 or 7, just to see what was inside and ruined the box.

Looks like Fire Emblem is the most expensive one i have $350. I think i paid $30 for it at Circuit City.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow i didn't know gamecubes worth that much...Kind of regretting opening Smash Bros($520), Sunshine($180), & Wind Waker($320) cuz my son wanted to try it out. He only played Smash less than an hour, same for Wind Waker. He did play Sunshine for a bit, so no regrets. Also opened up Mario Party 6 or 7, just to see what was inside and ruined the box.

Looks like Fire Emblem is the most expensive one i have $350. I think i paid $30 for it at Circuit City.

don't go down that dangerous lonesage route of what might have been. we all made like bandits in circuit city in 2004.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lmbo
i got the japanese version of msh vs sf (not picture, but more or less the same as x-men vs sf) with RAM for a tenner back in the day

Yep. I got Xmen Vs SF for $30 with the RAM cart at a Babbages at the local mall :D The same place had Magic Knight Rayearth for probably $15 as it wasn't an import and didn't come with the extra goodies like RAM carts.