What are your big time homecarts you still want that are somewhat attainable?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So ya I’d like Metal Slug and Blazing Star but that won’t happen...even if I had the money.

For me I have most games I want, but i’d say there are 3 “expensive” grail games that i’d like to (and could) buy:

Last Blade 2
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2

I guess these aren’t super big tymer but still damn pricey...

Ya I know we have lots of threads like this but oh well...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So ya I’d like Metal Slug and Blazing Star but that won’t happen...even if I had the money.

For me I have most games I want, but i’d say there are 3 “expensive” grail games that i’d like to (and could) buy:

Last Blade 2
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2

I guess these aren’t super big tymer but still damn pricey...

Ya I know we have lots of threads like this but oh well...

Just get the RB games in JAP form. They are not that expensive.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Just get the RB games in JAP form. They are not that expensive.

Paying over 200~300 EUR/Dollars for a used game is a bit overkill. I've only gone above that a few dozens.

If the main goal is just to play, it has to be good enough to justify that money. If it's for reselling (which a lot will do), then it'll depend on how much you're getting back later.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
What counts as a "big time home cart"? I consider the 3 games you listed to be very cheap and easily obtainable. In fact, I'd say they are rather common.

I assume you're talking Japanese because LB2, RB2 go for 5k plus for english copies.

My next "big time" english home cart is Mark of the Wolves. After than I'm aiming for an english copy of Real Bout.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I’d like to have one of the slugs on aes. Japan version so I don’t go to the poorhouse.

Crazy how much I’ve played aes lately; and almost no time on the neo 25.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Big time? Probably JP AOF3 for me. MOTW would also be up there though I don't think I'll ever convince myself it's worth dropping that many tickets for.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I would like a copy of Spinmaster and King of Fighters 2002 if I could find decent priced copies of them.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Probably a slug, preferably 2 or 3. Maybe a shooter as well like Aero Fighters, those would be dope.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
“Big tymer” home carts are relative to each person and their budget. Like redfield said, the ones you listed won’t be too tough to get, with LB2 being the only $500+ cart. You can get RBS and RB2 for around $280 each in Japan. Last Blade 2 is less common, and is a “higher end” home cart title, coming in at around $550 in Japan.

I was happy to cross off Magical Drop 3 from my list, but SSV and SSVS went to the chopping block for it and for another game.

At the moment, I’d like to find a Japanese NAM, which isn’t crazy expensive, just uncommon, coming in at around $225. Pulstar is another on my list, but I’d have to part with a couple titles to make that realistic, coming in at around $2000-$2200 for a nice, clean copy.

There’s plenty more home carts that I would enjoy owning, but when you put the cost all together it gets out of hand fast. I’m happy with, and enjoy what I’ve got.

If anyone wants a slug 3 there’s one up for sale in Japan for an even 2k.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
For me anything over $59.99 is big time these days...

I used to buy $300+ carts all the time...just harder for me to rationalize those purchases nowadays. Could I afford them? Sure...but I just find it much harder to pull the trigger these days as opposed to a few years ago.

Thanks for making me feel lousy guys!!!

:crying:

:vik:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

I used to buy $300+ carts all the time...just harder for me to rationalize those purchases nowadays. Could I afford them? Sure...but I just find it much harder to pull the trigger these days as opposed to a few years ago.

Happy to help! I can't think of one game below 59 bucks unless you jump over to MVS.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I already got my most wanted NEO•GEO game of all time, Strikers 1945 Plus.. which is MVS only...

I also love Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, but i already own that on AES...

It’s hard to pick one thats actually attainable. Most of the games i still want are either not released on AES or stupidly expensive.. i guess if i had the chance i wouldnt mind having Viewpoint AES... That being said i would rather have that on MVS cuz i just overall thing MVS is the cooler format...

But now that I’m thinking about it, KOF ‘94 would be sweet to own on AES

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Happy to help! I can't think of one game below 59 bucks unless you jump over to MVS.

Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting 2, Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 2...in rough shape of course.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member

Lol. NP dude.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

Samurai Shodown, Samurai Shodown 2, Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, World Heroes, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Fatal Fury (if you’re lucky), Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, KOF 94, KOF 95 (again, gotta be lucky, hard off or yahoo auctions deal), and Fighters History Dynamite.

For the record, you’ve gotta get em off of Yahoo Auctions or a local shop like Hard Off, but it’s possible for $60 or less.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Samurai Shodown, Samurai Shodown 2, Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, World Heroes, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Fatal Fury (if you’re lucky), Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, KOF 94, KOF 95 (again, gotta be lucky, hard off or yahoo auctions deal), and Fighters History Dynamite.

For the record, you’ve gotta get em off of Yahoo Auctions or a local shop like Hard Off, but it’s possible for $60 or less.

Really? Can't even get fuckers on this site to sell me 95...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Little Tymer

Real Bout Special - Have this on MVS/ Neo CD among other formats already, so I don’t really need it unless I find a deal I consider making the jump on.

King of Fighters 2000 - Again a pretty common cart, and again I have this on other formats including MVS so it’s hard to justify spending money even if it’s $200 ish when I could put the money towards other games or something else. I have 94-99 on AES so I’d like to get this one of these days besides the fact of I like 2000.

Big Tymer

Matrimelee - Big fan of the Power Instinct series, haven’t played the most recent though, hopefully I can at Wataru’s house one of these days. Again have the MVS kit.

King of Fighters 2002 - If I got 2k I’d probably skip over 2k1 on my KOF want list. Again I have the MVS kit so it’s pretty much overkill.

I have everything on MVS and basically CD (I’d add Overtop for Neo CD to my want list) I want among other formats so I’m in no rush. For basically the price of two of the Lil’ Tymer carts I’d probably put it towards an Omega or Neo Sd instead.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Really? Can't even get fuckers on this site to sell me 95...

You gotta be seriously alert to get 95 for that cheap, but I've seen it happen recently. The WTB market for home carts on here can be dry, for sure. Importing from Japan is the best way to go for home cart purchases IMO. The Japanese sellers on eBay are sketch for Neo items, and US sellers are few and far between for most titles, not to mention the crack prices you see on eBay.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The only carts I regretted selling were Ninja Master’s, TSS, kizuna, and Metal Slug 2. I thought I wanted to rebuy Chibi Maruko again, but honestly, that game sucked. Same for master of shogi, stakes winner 1 and 2, and every rare cart that I used to own. I bought Metal Slug 2 again from Rot only to resell it. I bought Ninja Master’s again and it just sits in a dark room in my house unplayed for years. All of these games are things I can live without.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
One of the real bouts on AES, but it's really not a big deal