Wallet Recommendations

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Last wallet I bought was probably from Marshall’s for like $10...but after abusing and stuffing it like George Constanza for a couple of years I could use a new one.

Someone at work suggested a Ridge. I took a look and seems too small to me...but what do I know? Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Any other recommendations?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Oh nice, thanks. Price is great!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've had the same black bi-fold Coach wallet for about 14years, probably paid $75 at the time but the ROI seems to have worked...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Someone at work suggested a Ridge. I took a look and seems too small to me...but what do I know? Anyone have one? Thoughts?

lol I was going to mention Ridge only because they sponsor just about every podcast I listen to. But I like a wallet that has a coin pocket, so that's out for me. Ridge sounds good if you're paranoid about someone electronically reading your card data from fifty paces, though. I'm assuming that's actually a thing.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
lol I was going to mention Ridge only because they sponsor just about every podcast I listen to. But I like a wallet that has a coin pocket, so that's out for me. Ridge sounds good if you're paranoid about someone electronically reading your card data from fifty paces, though. I'm assuming that's actually a thing.

Some of those claims are pretty stretched. STD prox RFID is 100% hacked, but you have to be fairly close to read it and that applies to prox cards for card access, not credit cards. In the way people are claiming, the higher bit rate prox are not hacked, there's a ton of fake data on it floating around out there. Another thing is that the higher the bit rate, typically the closer you have to get to read them, its the same rules for RFID prox cards for security access systems.

In other words...those things are snake oil.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have an Andar Pilot that I've used for about 3 years. I really like the slim design, and the card mechanism is fun. For some reason they no longer carry this model anymore, but there are similar products out there.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Thanks guys i’ll check these all out.

I do like these new small form factor styles...though I am not crazy about clipping the bills in. I don’t really carry much cash anyway though so I guess it’s not a big deal.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I agree about clips. If you get something with a clip, make sure that it has a spring. Anything that is tension related will give up fairly quickly.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I use a Topo micro accessory pouch as my wallet.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Wallet that has a coin pocket... Do you mean a purse? :keke:

You should get one of these, moe. Worth it purely for the reactions when you pull it out.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You never had a wallet that has space for coins? Maybe when you grow up. I hate loose change in the pocket.

I used to back in the day. Now I mainly use cards and it's good to have some bills on hand. Coins just get dumped in the car or in a jar at home.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I used to back in the day. Now I mainly use cards and it's good to have some bills on hand. Coins just get dumped in the car or in a jar at home.

People here still use cash for almost everything like cavemen. Even stuff like rent and utility bills are paid in cash. It's tiresome as fuck, because yeah, I'd rather card everything.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Last wallet I bought was probably from Marshall’s for like $10...but after abusing and stuffing it like George Constanza for a couple of years I could use a new one.

I have a ridge, its amazing. carries all the cards I need plus has a money clip. It's all you really need, plus its compact and you put it in your front pocket. As an added bonus you no longer have to sit on a wallet, that shit's uncomfortable.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Once my wallet starts falling apart, I just end up at Kohl's or TJ Maxx or whatever shopping the leftovers until I find something serviceable. Preference for brown leather bifolds. I almost always hate what I settle with more than what I have been using for the past few years. Then a few months pass and I don't mind anymore. Works the same for sandals.

However, what I think you really need moe is one of those TMNT plastic velcro jobbies. That'll let them know who you are when you go to pick up the bill for friends at the steak house.

Couda had this one for just $5.

m_5339d2bcc003eb1ade1c76f5.jpg

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-TMNT-wallet-5339d2b5c003eb1ade1c76eb

neo_mao

15 Year Member
This is more my style.

But does it have a coin pouch?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
This is more my style.

But does it have a coin pouch?

Oh dear, how can I say this delicately, I'm terribly sorry to inform you, but a discerning gentleman with the level of taste sufficient to carry a vintage nylon and velcro TMNT wallet is not usually one that makes change. "Keep the change!" they would say as they leave a $20 for a pack of gum, the clerk's eyes light up as they know they have just had a brush with greatness.

For you I must suggest a significant downgrade in art style rather than the classic ink and paper forms reserved for more distinguished men of means. You can have CGI Turtles with the coin pouch you desire. It is a poor substitute for sure (emphasis on poor), but I understand we cannot all afford to be the man we wish to be.

71P1UdxD%2B5L._AC_SX569_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Turtles-Green-Trifold-Wallet/dp/B00LXMSFMO

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Porter Wallet. eBay prices are rediculoid; re, everyone jocking Japan. Maybe STK can find one for you, _moe?

Folds like an old 80s Velcro wallet, snaps shut so you don’t have to worry about main Velcro wearing out.

Built in coin pouch, that velcros shut and accordion folds into the wallet when closed. This one is older than my kids. I’m really happy with it.

62855c39f49b36b3e3482f598ec66129.jpg

44a88a16d18a0a739518d5d0e699c45c.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I would add that I stopped using back pocket for wallet almost 10 years ago. I'm sure my spine is thanking me.
I only keep ~6 cards+cash in my wallet so it's fairly slim.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
a black leather samsonite I bought over five years ago, still in great condition.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Lithy made me feel so inadequate...i don’t even deserve a wallet :(

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have some leather wallet from 1978 that used to be my father's. It is more tape than leather now.