Black Friday 2020

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sooo...anyone looking to get some useless crap they don’t need? I know I am.

Aside from some random toys for the kids, my wife wants an iPad Pro, pencil and keyboard. I don’t expect there will be material savings on anything Apple...but we’ll see I guess.

For me personally the only thing I know i’ll get for sure is Forza Horizon 4 for the Xbone. Best Buy will have it for $15 which is a no brainer.

If I can get a Xbox Series X i’d snag one of those as well I suppose, but that’s probably pretty unlikely.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Gonna get some SSD hard drives and maybe some PS4 games. Nothing too crazy really

neo_mao

15 Year Member
FYI - Best Buy is going to have a ton of good PS4 games for $10.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looking to get a massage chair. Thinking the Osaki brand is the way to go. Their maestro chair is pretty expensive, but apparently they have deep discounts for Black Friday. Open to suggestions if someone knows a better option, or the best chair in existence. Space is not a problem. I have so much space.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Thats a good one. After my surgery this summer I needed to get a nice recliner before I came home since I wasn’t able to lie down flat in a bed for quite a while.

Was kind of rushed into the decision since it had to be delivered before I came home, so I just ended up buying a La-Z-boy online. I mean, it’s fine...but I wish I had an opportunity to do some more research and take my time with the purchase because I feel they are pretty overpriced...but I don’t really have a reference point for comparison since I never shopped around.

EDIT: just looked up maestro...i definitely was not looking in that price range :eek:

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I was gonna get my dad an Xbox One S so he's not just playing solitaire on his tablet all day, but then I saw the Embr Wave. He has MS, which leads to poor circulation, so he's always cold. He even wears a hoodie in the summer. So I'm going to get one of those and if it doesn't work out, I'll send it back and get the Xbox instead.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
There's actually nothing I need...

I view these sorta sales stunts from the outside... looking in and wondering if peoples IQ's are exponentially equated downwards with how much money they're willing to spend...

.../looks worryingly at neo_hoe...

xROTx

neo_mao

15 Year Member
There's actually nothing I need...

I view these sorta sales stunts from the outside... looking in and wondering if peoples IQ's are exponentially equated downwards with how much money they're willing to spend...

.../looks worryingly at neo_hoe...

xROTx

The last computing/tablet device I bought was 9 years ago, so we’re long overdue.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thats a good one. After my surgery this summer I needed to get a nice recliner before I came home since I wasn’t able to lie down flat in a bed for quite a while.

Was kind of rushed into the decision since it had to be delivered before I came home, so I just ended up buying a La-Z-boy online. I mean, it’s fine...but I wish I had an opportunity to do some more research and take my time with the purchase because I feel they are pretty overpriced...but I don’t really have a reference point for comparison since I never shopped around.

EDIT: just looked up maestro...i definitely was not looking in that price range :eek:

https://massagechairstore.com/infinity-imperial/

?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’d like to get an Xbox Series X. I’m hopeful someone will have stock but I’m not camping out, waiting in line, etc.

I don't want anything.

Is Black Friday even a thing in China? I guess you can reap the benefits of the cyber sales?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I just bought Judgment from a recent BB sale that may be BF related. Otherwise, not needing/wanting anything. Maybe in the market for a 1up if I find a deal, or wait till CM for arcade stick parts.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Looking to get a massage chair. Thinking the Osaki brand is the way to go. Their maestro chair is pretty expensive, but apparently they have deep discounts for Black Friday. Open to suggestions if someone knows a better option, or the best chair in existence. Space is not a problem. I have so much space.

The further back it reclines the better. My experience of these chairs is what they're doing behind you is only as good as the weight you press against them - so the flatter you're lying down the deeper the massage. You don't want to be sat almost upright and pushing yourself against it, there's nothing relaxing about that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is Black Friday even a thing in China? I guess you can reap the benefits of the cyber sales?

As in going to stores? No.

But China has the biggest online shopping day in the world every November 11th, called Double Eleven. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles'_Day

Last year, during those 24 hours, roughly $38,400,000,000 USD was spent alone on Alibaba.

My girlfriend has been working from 8:30AM to roughly 12AM for the past two days because she works at a company that sells stuff online. But it will all be worth it with the bonuses.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I just bought Judgment from a recent BB sale that may be BF related. Otherwise, not needing/wanting anything. Maybe in the market for a 1up if I find a deal, or wait till CM for arcade stick parts.

Some people are saying they are already finding the TMNT cab at Walmart for $150.

This is a pretty cool site that helps check stock and prices.

https://deals.consolekits.com/

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The further back it reclines the better. My experience of these chairs is what they're doing behind you is only as good as the weight you press against them - so the flatter you're lying down the deeper the massage. You don't want to be sat almost upright and pushing yourself against it, there's nothing relaxing about that.

I am definitely looking for “zero gravity”, which is really just getting your feet slightly above body level for more body weight on the massagers.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I want to get rid of things...not acquire more.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The only thing I'm really looking for is a new video card... but I doubt that's going to happen on Black Friday(or Cyber Monday) what with the current stock situation + miners & scalpers.
I'm sure as heck am not going to pay over MSRP on eBay.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member

got one from costco with a $1000 off, had it for about a year and a half everything still working good on it ..the fabric on the neck area is alittle worn .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I want to get rid of things...not acquire more.
5a4297bac22f1fa0ef13d5ec1d67b366.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Maybe some thing for PS4 or switch this black friday but i don't know.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Nothing in the way of games or media but looking for a new office desk (if I'm going to be remote for the foreseeable future), a pair of high capacity (14-16TB) HDDs to upgrade the storage/media server and a couple of pieces of gym equipment. We'll see how that goes.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gotta load up on $5 jammies and $5 barbies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nothing in the way of games or media but looking for a new office desk (if I'm going to be remote for the foreseeable future), a pair of high capacity (14-16TB) HDDs to upgrade the storage/media server and a couple of pieces of gym equipment. We'll see how that goes.

When it comes to office desks, go big. I got one that was 60x30”, with the telescopic feature, from wayfare, and it felt too small. I ended up giving it to my wife.

I see a lot of workout machines on the Nextdoor app. Some great deals, but only thing I am in the market for would be a elliptical (maybe a high end rower)