Paprium for real 2020, got my conformation email for delivery!?

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Haha, lots of ripped graphics from Knights of the Round, and the final boss is more or less Zankuro from Samurai Shodown. But it plays pretty well for a MD game, has okay music and 2-players.

I'm just saying... $130 for Paprium. Or $35 for Water Margin.

Water margin plays stiff as all hell. And the moves you can do are so limited. I haven't played paprium but from the videos I have seen it looks to kick water margins ass. I like water margin but its a bootleg.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Water margin plays stiff as all hell. And the moves you can do are so limited. I haven't played paprium but from the videos I have seen it looks to kick water margins ass. I like water margin but its a bootleg.
Yep, I would expect Paprium to play a lot better.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm glad you called it how it is and aren't just saying all positive things in the name of eye candy and nostalgia. In 2020-21 I have to set the bar high. Sor2 is the beat'em up to compare to. If you can't make something that comes close than I can't justify spending that much money on a game.

Well, I hope that's what I'm doing... from the initial hype of what WM promised, I have to say i'm a little disappointed, I thought it would at least be pushing SoR2, but it doesn't.

Someone here described Paprium as "amazing"... I think that's a generous description to say the least in my opinion.

Are the graphics amazing? Arguably, for a Mega Drive game, yes.

Is the sound amazing? It's pretty damn good.

Is the gameplay amazing? No. Absolutley not. It's average... it could have been, but would need a shit load more beta testing as I've already mentioned.

Paprium - Warm. Shelf Warm. Or go home.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Well, I hope that's what I'm doing... from the initial hype of what WM promised, I have to say i'm a little disappointed, I thought it would at least be pushing SoR2, but it doesn't.

Someone here described Paprium as "amazing"... I think that's a generous description to say the least in my opinion.

Are the graphics amazing? Arguably, for a Mega Drive game, yes.

Is the sound amazing? It's pretty damn good.

Is the gameplay amazing? No. Absolutley not. It's average... it could have been, but would need a shit load more beta testing as I've already mentioned.

Paprium - Warm. Shelf Warm. Or go home.

What's odd is that SoR4 doesnt even connect as well as SoR2. I will add that Paprium has far more content than SoR2, and possibly more than SoR4.
I was done with SoR4 after a 2 complete passes. Paprium has me intrigued on what I'll find next. Your hits do feel a little pillowy and soft. That would be my main complaint.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yes watermelon emailed me back and fixed my order. Got a copy shipping to me in 10-15 business days or so it says. Atleast my money in 2017 went to something.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That looks like a real pile of feces and now they've got a pre-order up for a new game with zero screen shots. ONE RUN ONLY! LIMITED! GET IT NOW! FOMO!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
weird email from WM, looks like they are trying to sell the company?

https://www.paprium.com/press/data/PAPRIUM_Communique_de_presse_EN_02_2021.pdf

Thanks for sharing that PDF. It was an interesting read.

I guess that means you don't have your Paprium yet and this is WM telling you you're going to have to wait a bit longer?

I got my Paprium last week and it is a good game. For the most part the hit detection is really good... but yes, there are times when I felt like I should have connected or times when I thought I should have taken a hit. But it doesn't happen so much as to harm the gameplay.

The more I play Paprium the more I like it. It's really fun and a lot of that has to do with how much variety there is in the game.

Before I got mine I heard a lot of people saying the game is too easy. So I started playing on hard and I haven't beaten it yet. But I think I got real close.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
They also posted a 2 hour 40 minute interview on youtube. There are probably some more insight into the situation in there, but I ain't watching a video that long. What the fuck is up with WaterMelon.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well like many here I received the email about this in December, I thought it was a scam at first and had already written off the money I paid for the game back in 2017. Anyway, I updated my shipping info on Dec 15th, I get confirmation that my order was "shipped" on Dec 28th. Since then nothing, I have a tracking number that was last updated on Dec 19th saying information entered into the GLS system but the package was not yet handed over to the courier. I contacted them about two weeks ago since with covid, Xmas, and Brexit here I figured it would take a while to sort out. I get a response saying they are still processing support tickets and then the email about them wanting to sell their IPs. Maybe it will turn up eventually but who knows at this point.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
They also posted a 2 hour 40 minute interview on youtube. There are probably some more insight into the situation in there, but I ain't watching a video that long. What the fuck is up with WaterMelon.

Don't even have to click on it to know these guys are total douches.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
That video makes your head explode after 10 minutes. Fonzie needs to be treated asap for mental health issues and with asap I mean NOW!

:D

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I started the video, but it was as if someone turned "how much ship france?" into a video and I closed the tab.

geladobom

War Room Troll
That video makes your head explode after 10 minutes. Fonzie needs to be treated asap for mental health issues and with asap I mean NOW!

:D

Perfect to be on a script in the wwe and being kicked in the a$$. :glee:
The Le Shit Moustache is on fire...

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Why hasn't this been moved to "Unrelated" yet.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
What’s the TLDR version of this? Why is PayPal holding their funds? Customer complaints? Did the taxman come calling?

I've been watching the Fonzie interview and yes it sounds like people have been complaining to PayPal and again his funds might have been frozen. He says as much without being perfectly explicit.

I don't know how many people are left who still haven't received their Paprium (some for sure) but many people have and it feels like everyone who bought the game will get it eventual.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I've been watching the Fonzie interview and yes it sounds like people have been complaining to PayPal and again his funds might have been frozen. He says as much without being perfectly explicit.

I don't know how many people are left who still haven't received their Paprium (some for sure) but many people have and it feels like everyone who bought the game will get it eventual.

This whole thing has been crazy. They did open up orders again for a bit after they started shipping. Hopefully that’ll work out too.