Strider PC Engine

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm selling Strider for PC Engine on eBay for $155+ shipping, would sell to a forum member for $135 shipped to the USA (media mail) paid via PP F & F.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184578211908?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

In my opinion, this is not a good port despite the amazing new music, extra stage, and supposed extra frames of animation. Strider's run animation does not look good. Although a matter of preference the color difference vs the arcade is not an improvement, although there are scenes that look very nice. The controls are a little bit janky.

I say all of this for 100% full disclosure. I think to a general PC Engine collector or a Strider superfan that wants every version of the game, this is for you.

Send me a PM or reply if interested. If my reduced price does not seem fair I may be open to offers.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Price drop - will sell to a forum member for $125 shipped media mail - USA only paypal F&F or 6%

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Price drop - will sell to a forum member for $125 shipped media mail - USA only paypal F&F or 6%

Media Mail on something that costs over $100? GTFO with that. It's literally a dollar more for a First Class package and it's higher on the totem pole as far as priority goes for the USPS. Technically, video games aren't even covered through Media Mail shipping. Someone I know in the local community got shafted when a seller sent a game Media Mail. They do check packages from time to time, and he had to pay up extra to the post office because there was postage owed due to using Media Mail instead of First Class. Don't be such a tightwad over a dollar. I never ship anything through Media Mail.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Please don't use media mail to ship anything. It's bad enough how things are going with Priority mail right now. Using media mail is like you want the item to disappear in the Postal System abyss.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Please don't use media mail to ship anything. It's bad enough how things are going with Priority mail right now. Using media mail is like you want the item to disappear in the Postal System abyss.

Seriously. A game I purchased recently that was more than this Strider got shipped out Media Mail. I'm nervous if it'll even make it. It is the very worst choice in shipping, no contest.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Seriously. A game I purchased recently that was more than this Strider got shipped out Media Mail. I'm nervous if it'll even make it. It is the very worst choice in shipping, no contest.

Yea, that makes no sense. Why would the buyer risk the package getting lost and having to provide a refund for a couple of extra dollar bills in shipping.

I think I shipped some free VHS tapes to someone here once and he requested media mail because the box was pretty big and heavy and priority mail was just going to be too expensive and not worth it. I wouldn't use that service for anything else.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Very good points, thanks gentlemen! $120 shipped via priority mail to the USA is now the current price.