I hope I get $2K

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Then maybe I’ll forget those blackwater fucks got a pardon.

Well, and the other assholes too.

$600 I would’ve dropped on some dumb shit, $2K though? Might be smart with that, lol.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm the opposite, 600 I would apply to debt/bills. 2k and I'm getting something fun.

If we really get 2K I imagine something like the reparations check episode of Chappelles show.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Don’t get me wrong - I’m spending the $2K but I might buy something useful like some tools.

Damn wish I hadn’t just got a new TV.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
My bet is it's going to be $600. I think Trump is grasping at straws in his final days.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$600 won't even get you a PS5. Money is a completely abstract concept in the top 1%. It's like selling air to people. Back in the classic Christmas movie "The Hard" (or in German, Die Hard), the hero tried to steal 600 million from a corrupt multinational corporation, and it almost seems silly now that so much pushback occurred in the process. The Nakatomi Plaza, which was destroyed in the process (in the process of construction, as the top levels were incomplete) was probably insured. And if the Nakatomi Corporation had receipts for the stolen and destroyed items inside the building, they would have been covered as well. One thick skull guy, who was probably The (titular) Hard, decided to shot up all of Hans Gruber's merry men, making the film a kleptocrat's revisionism of the Robin Hood tale.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You guys should take those stimulus checks and pump it back into the local economy by spending it all at the nudie bar.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I vote for 2k for each member of your household, kids included. I want $8,000, lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
$2K I’d probably spend $1K on a computer.

@moe - I’d spend money at a strip club. Was talking with a female friend about going to the strip club only a couple weeks ago.

All the clubs are closed in CA though :(

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
$600 won't even get you a PS5. Money is a completely abstract concept in the top 1%. It's like selling air to people. Back in the classic Christmas movie "The Hard" (or in German, Die Hard), the hero tried to steal 600 million from a corrupt multinational corporation, and it almost seems silly now that so much pushback occurred in the process. The Nakatomi Plaza, which was destroyed in the process (in the process of construction, as the top levels were incomplete) was probably insured. And if the Nakatomi Corporation had receipts for the stolen and destroyed items inside the building, they would have been covered as well. One thick skull guy, who was probably The (titular) Hard, decided to shot up all of Hans Gruber's merry men, making the film a kleptocrat's revisionism of the Robin Hood tale.

This post made me lmbo. Merry Die Hard.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If I pay for Tarzan’s tab at the nudie fun house will you guys tag along? I’m sure he would have a lot of fun there.

In my experience, women tend to frown on men bringing dolls with them during socializing events, even studs like Tarzan, but, when money talks, I suppose even twelve inch tall plastic men walks.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I bet we're not going to get anything now for some time. Seems like Trump will pocket veto the bill

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol

You can’t eat gold.

This was an episode on House, where one patient was being poisoned by his wife, who would put gold shavings in his cereal bowl. Heavy metal poisoning is a real thing. I think that's how we lost Electric Grave.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
This was an episode on House, where one patient was being poisoned by his wife, who would put gold shavings in his cereal bowl. Heavy metal poisoning is a real thing. I think that's how we lost Electric Grave.

I thought in that episode it turned out that the husband was allergic to gold.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If we’re going to use that logic then the American people bear the ultimate blame. We elect these people, after all.

Unless we’ve, you know, given up on democracy and are accepting we’ve created institutions whose only true goal is to further the institution and none of this all really matters. We just all cogs in a machine that by design will always reach the same end.

On good days I still have hope.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If we’re going to use that logic then the American people bear the ultimate blame. We elect these people, after all.

Perhaps, but I think it is a slightly different logic.

The people who voted for him the first time get some level of plausible deniability.

But after what happened in Ukraine, there can be no excuse.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Perhaps, but I think it is a slightly different logic.

The people who voted for him the first time get some level of plausible deniability.

But after what happened in Ukraine, there can be no excuse.

So let’s hold to fault the one half of the electorate who voted for him in 2020 and blame the other half who didn’t urge their elected officials to do something about it.

I’d like to see all the legislators who acted as nothing more than Trump lap dogs voted out of office.

Edit: At this point I guess I’m just getting $600?

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
So let’s hold to fault the one half of the electorate who voted for him in 2020 and blame the other half who didn’t urge their elected officials to do something about it.

I’d like to see all the legislators who acted as nothing more than Trump lap dogs voted out of office.

Edit: At this point I guess I’m just getting $600?

If it's handled the same way as last time, those making a certain amount of money already will either get less or, in some cases of relatively high earners, nothing at all. So it may still depend on where one is on the income bracket.

On another note, it's kind of fascinating how all Trump had to do was throw the 2000 figure out there at the last minute and it filled the headlines and was all that people were talking and speculating on for days. He does know his manipulation techniques.