25th Amendment or Impeachment, none of this shit is going to happen.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was feeling great delight in Texas powering off until I remembered Sticks. So Sticks, don't freeze. Wear more layers and conserve your energy. Your pal, LS.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
https://mobile.twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1296134869320380419

“ California is now unable to perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity.

Biden/Harris/AOC want to make CA’s failed energy policy the standard nationwide.

Hope you don’t like air conditioning!” - Zodiac Killer’s broken condom

So it seems like two of the big contributing factors are a shortage of natural gas and half of the state's wind turbines that supply about 15% of the grid freezing and failing. Two policies that if we are generalizing are much more supported by D than R.

But whatever, cheer on people's suffering.

lithy

20 Year Member
They made their bed.

Put on your libertarian hat and consider your lamentations for voters who chose a grifting conman.

It’s not very libertarian of you.

I'm just suggesting that Ted Cruz being a typical politician (read: hypocrite) seems to have very little, if any, bearing on the current situation.

Did Cruz specifically hold something back that can be connected back to the specifics behind the grid failure? Or is this just a very sad, but very typically opportunistic bash on mullet-man?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm just suggesting that Ted Cruz being a typical politician (read: hypocrite) seems to have very little, if any, bearing on the current situation.

Did Cruz specifically hold something back that can be connected back to the specifics behind the grid failure? Or is this just a very sad, but very typically opportunistic bash on mullet-man?

Maybe he should have supported efforts to build out green and renewable energy systems, rather than hogtie the state to fossil fuels.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Like wind, which are half offline as mentioned above?

Is that the only green energy you can think of, or would you like me to hold your hand and help you list more?

Yes, iced over wind turbines aren’t helpful. Neither is the pricing system that Texas has that forced suppliers to pay customers in order to service a grid.

Either way, it’s not like Democrats are to blame there. The gloves on the steering wheel are red.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The only reason I thought they were doing this was to prevent him from running again in 2024.

It would allow the government to stop paying for his shit.

But that’s just a part of it.

It would send a signal that we don’t let someone tread on our constitution, while sarcastically waving a don’t tread on me sign. Trump tried to incite a rebellion. Arguably he tried to get elected representatives and police officers killed.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Maybe the people of texas should have been buying less guns and more generators.

lithy

20 Year Member
Generators for once a decade or two events are stupid.

In Florida, generator sales would skyrocket after a hurricane, then three years down the line when it has just sat in the garage with no use or maintenance, many people find they once again are without a generator during a storm.

Better to use that gas to just leave town for a while.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I keep hearing the blame placed on wind AND gas. Where the journalists at to tell me the truth?

lithy

20 Year Member
I keep hearing the blame placed on wind AND gas. Where the journalists at to tell me the truth?

Post #108.

Remember that a shortage of natural gas is not a failure of natural gas infrastructure but an intended consequence of 'green' energy policy.