Diablo 2: Erection...err...Resurrected.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Normally a rerelease, remaster, or relaunch is of Zero interest to me.

But I love this damn game.

I wonder if this release means Diablo 4 is still multiple years away?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hnnnnggggg...

And they were saying 2021 was going to be just as bad as 2020.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm really hoping the SoJ trade market kicks off again.

... and chipped gems.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They should have added the first game too. That one needs an update much more than D2.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They should have added the first game too. That one needs an update much more than D2.

Well, Diablo 1 has been remastered and is available to in The Darkening of Tristram event in Diablo 3. But I agree, it needs to be available at all times, not just within a special event in another game.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Anybody try running the new (don't know what to call them... mods?) versions of Diablo II like Median XL?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tmPdJCLd_Z8

Never got it running (too new to run on my 1ghz retro PC I play normal Diablo II on still), but people seem to love it.

I tried it out and had fun for a month of so but it didn't hold my interest beyond that. It is heavily modded and has some rather nice spell and crafting changes they implemented. I would still rather play Path of Exile though.

As for this D2 remaster, I will definitely pick it up. It will also be nice to have DII available on consoles finally.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Oh cool, I didn't actually watch the trailer or read the announcement until now. Didn't realize this was coming to consoles too.

Diablo II seems like a perfect fit for the Switch.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Shared stash (no more muling), auto gold (able to be triggered on or off) stat / gear comparison tables (no more adding up your MF or calculating hit recovery), able to choose difficulty of game (no more Hell diff forced if you accidentally kill Baal in NM runs).

These are all good changes. I get that some may think these take away from the core of the game, with the exception of the option given for auto-gold, but these are all positive changes that only improve the game IMO.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I said I would never play the game again, but this might change my mind. Nice to hear about the stash.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was too busy with MMO's when this came out. Might be worth revisiting....

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What were you playing in 2000?

Evercrack?

Ultima Online
still playing on occasion to this day on private servers.

I lost a good chunk of gaming time to MMO's from 1996-2010.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
God i loved ultima online. Sad part is, ive gone back and tried a private server and realized i just dont have the patience for the game anymore. It is so damn hard and takes forever to build your skills to anywhere remotely useful! Haha.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I never got hooked on UO. It was all Saturn, N64, and then Dreamcast for me.

I did play it for a bit.

I think my sister played and maxed out her baking skill. I think she had a bunch of Mavros set up so she could AFK and level up. What a weird game lol.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Release date set for on or before September 24 2021!

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The hype is real.

Please for the love of Crom...mouse and keyboard support on console. Casting a spell without just sucks.

But who am I kidding I’m rolling a Necromancer on Day 1.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The hype is real.

Please for the love of Crom...mouse and keyboard support on console. Casting a spell without just sucks.

But who am I kidding I’m rolling a Necromancer on Day 1.
I used to tank my frame rate as a kid playing the Necromancer. Get your 30 skeletons, 30 skeleton mages, 30 raised dead monsters, a golem, a mercenary. Then watch as they wreck everything on screen at 9 FPS on my Windows ME desktop.