Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Canelo destroyed Yildirim yesterday. His next fight has already been announced for May 8.

Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders, unification fight for Canelo's WBA (Super), WBC, The Ring, and Saunders' WBO World Super Middleweight Titles

Saunders:
30-0-0-0
Former WBO Middleweight Champion, 3 defenses
Current WBO Super Middleweight Champion, 2 defenses
Key wins: Andy Lee, David Lemieux

He's a much better opponent than Yildirim but I don't see him beating Canelo.

After this fight Canelo needs one more belt to become undisputed at 168. Caleb Plant has the IBF belt. Canelo and Plant are also #1 and #2 at TBRB, so a hypothetical fight between them would also be for the lineal crown.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We saw two old warriors go out on their shields in two sports last night.

In boxing Alexander Povetkin had no legs under him from the opening bell. Dillian Whyte ragdolled him around the ring and knocking him out was basic target practice. He has to retire immediately. His legs looked unstable in the first Whyte fight where he knocked Whyte out but this time around he could barely stand up even when he wasn't getting hit.

And probably the greatest UFC heavyweight champion in Stipe Miocic got savagely beaten by Ngannou last night.

Both cases were fights where the younger man got beaten in humiliating fashion in the first match only to utterly dominate the rematch by vicious KO.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Fami, what did you think of the Chocolatito vs Estrada fight a week ago.

I think Chocolatito fought a great fight and I had him up 2-3 rounds.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fami, what did you think of the Chocolatito vs Estrada fight a week ago.

I think Chocolatito fought a great fight and I had him up 2-3 rounds.
Chocolatito got robbed. I thought Braekhus got robbed (for the second time in a row against McCaskill) on that same card too.

Luckily the WBC has just ordered a mini-tournament
Chocolatito vs Estrada III
Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Carlos Cuadras II

With the winners facing each other. The winner will come out of it re-unifying the WBC, WBC Franchise, WBA Super, Ring Magazine, and Lineal Super Flyweight titles.

Any time these four guys fight each other it's a classic. All world title fights:
November 17, 2012 Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez def. Juan Francisco Estrada via UD
May 31, 2014 Carlos Cuadras def. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai via TD
September 10, 2016 Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez def. Carlos Cuadras via UD
March 18, 2017 Srisaket Sor Rungvisai def. Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez via MD
September 9, 2017 Srisaket Sor Rungvisai def. Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez via KO
September 9, 2017 Juan Francisco Estrada def. Carlos Cuadras vs UD (highly controversial decision)
February 24, 2018 Srisaket Sor Rungvisai def. Juan Francisco Estrada via MD
April 26, 2019 Juan Francisco Estrada def. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai via UD
October 23, 2020 Juan Francisco Estrada def. Carlos Cuadras via TKO
March 13, 2021 Juan Francisco Estrada def. Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez via SD (highly controversial decision)

I hope the losers fight each other too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Eyiu8zZWgBgNNZ0

She's fighting for the WBA World Bantamweight Title today.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hells yeah, big fight confirmed for Showtime, no PPV

Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano for the undisputed WBA (Super), WBC, WBO, IBF, The Ring Magazine, and Lineal Super Welterweight World Championship.

Currently the lineal title is vacant, Castano has the WBO, while Charlo has the WBA/WBC/IBF/Ring belts. Charlo and Castano are #1 and #2 at TBRB and BoxRec.

They haven't confirmed the date yet but it's been signed, just trying to settle between June or July.

This is great for boxing. We are finally get back to undisputed champions. From 2006-2018 the only two undisputed champions in all of boxing were Cecilia Braekhus and Terence Crawford. Braekhus defended 10 times while Crawford immediately vacated and moved up in weight.

Right now we have
Claressa Shields (women's 154)
Jessica McCaskill (women's 147)
Teofimo Lopez (men's 135)
Katie Taylor (women's 135)

With undisputed title fights at men's heavyweight and men's super welterweight coming this summer and Canelo on a mission to become undisputed at 168 before the end of the year. Women's 168 is also one fight away from being undisputed as there are two women with two belts each.

And Usyk unified all of cruiserweight recently before moving up to heavyweight as well.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Showtimes upcoming boxing schedule.

May 15​

• Main event: Luis Nery (c) vs. Brandon Figueroa -- WBC super bantamweight title
  • Co-features: Danny Roman vs. Ricardo Espinoza Franco, super bantamweights; Xavier Martinez (c) vs. Abraham Montoya, WBA super featherweight title

May 29​

• Main event: Nordine Oubaali (c) vs. Nonito Donaire, WBC bantamweight title
  • Co-feature: Subriel Matias vs. Batyrzhan Jukembayev, IBF super lightweight title eliminator

June 19​

• Main event: Jermall Charlo (c) vs. Juan Macias Montiel, WBC middleweight title

June 26 (PPV)​

• Main event: Mario Barrios (c) vs. Gervonta Davis, WBA junior welterweight title
  • Co-features: Erickson Lubin vs. Jeison Rosario, WBC junior middleweight title eliminator

July 3​

• Main event: Chris Colbert vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa, WBA super featherweight interim title

July 17​

• Main event: Jermell Charlo (c) vs. Brian Castaño (c), Undisputed IBF, WBA, WBC & WBO junior middleweight title unification

August 14​

• Main event: John Riel Casimero (c) vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux, WBO bantamweight title

August 28​

• Main event: David Benavidez vs. Jose Uzcategui, WBC super middleweight title eliminator

Sept. 11​

• Stephen Fulton, Jr. vs. winner of Nery-Figueroa, super bantamweight title unification

Some good boxing matches to keep us busy during the Spring and Summer.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What a fucking gong show that shit I just watched was.

-Some billionaire with with 8 pro boxing fights fought a much smaller Reggae artist making his pro debut. It went as you would expect
-Former cruiserweight boxing champion Steve Cunningham absolutely carried former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir through 6 rounds. Cunningham was actively trying not to knock him out. Mir was fat as fuck.
-In the only fight on the card between active pro boxers, Ivan Redkach faked getting punched in the dick and got stretched out of the ring. The ringside doctor was reaching down his pants checking his balls. The punch in question glanced off of the middle of his back, nowhere near the beltline.
-several trainwreck musical performances
-Coked up Oscar De La Hoya screaming like a maniac on commentary
-Snoop Dogg blowing blunt smoke in Al Berstein's face
-Ben Askren gets dropped like a sack of bricks less than a minute into the main event
-Ric Flair refereeing a slap fight commentated by Pete Davidson

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fury vs Joshua will command a $150 million site fee to be staged in Saudi Arabia this summer.

150 million dollars before they even sell a single PPV, a single ticket, a single international broadcast TV deal, a single sponsorship.

The majority of that will be split by Joshua and Fury, then they'll get their official fight purses, then they'll get their share of all the other revenues. Both guys figure to make over 100 million dollars for a single fight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
A rematch of one of the best fights of 2019 has been confirmed for June 6 on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul.

Jean Pascal will defend his WBA Regular World Light Heavyweight Championship against Badou Jack, whom he narrowly defeated by 12 round split decision in December 2019.

Pascal:
-Former WBC, IBO, The Ring, and Lineal World Light Heavyweight Champion
-Current WBA (Regular) World Light Heavyweight Champion
-Notable wins: Adrian Diaconu (twice), Chad Dawson, Lucian Bute, Marcus Browne, Badou Jack
-Notable draws: Bernard Hopkins
-Notable losses: Carl Froch, Bernard Hopkins, Sergey Kovalev (twice), Eleider Alvarez, Dmitry Bivol

All losses and draws came against other world champions.

Jack:
-Former WBC Super Middleweight Champion
-Former WBA (Regular) Light Heavyweight Champion
-Notable wins: Anthony Dirrell, George Groves, Lucian Bute, Nathan Cleverly
-Notable draws: James DeGale, Adonis Stevenson
-Notable losses: Marcus Browne, Jean Pascal

Two grizzled warriors, neither of them ever ducked anybody. Two of my favorites in the game today, can't wait to see them fight again.

famicommander

15 Year Member
BKFC 17 was solid tonight. 10 fights, 10 KOs.

But BKFC 18 in June looks epic. Four world title fights announced so far.

Joey Beltan vs Sam Shewmaker for the heavyweight title
Beltran: 4-1-1-0 in pro bare knuckle, 18-15-0-1 in pro MMA
Shewaker: 4-1-1-0 in pro bare knuckle, 5-1-0-0 in pro boxing

Hector Lombard vs Joe Riggs for the middleweight title
Lombard: 2-0-0-0 in pro bare knuckle, 34-10-1-2 in pro MMA
Riggs: 3-0-1 in pro bare knuckle, 49-18-1-2 in pro MMA, 0-1-0-0 in pro kickboxing

Luis Palomino vs Tyler Goodjohn for the super welterweight title
Palomino: 3-0-0-0 in pro bare knuckle, 26-17-0-0 in pro MMA
Goodjohn: 3-0-0-0 in pro bare knuckle, 13-5-0-0 in pro boxing

Thiago Alves vs Uly Diaz for the welterweight title
Alves: 1-0-0-0 in pro bare knuckle, 23-15-0-0 in pro MMA
Diaz: 2-0-0-0 in pro bare knuckle, 12-1-0-0 in pro boxing, 1-0-0-0 in pro MMA

3 big boxer vs MMA title fights

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some interesting fights today

Dmitry Bivol (c) vs Craig Richards for the WBA (Super) Light Heavyweight title
Chris Eubank Jr vs Marcus Morrison
Katie Taylor vs Natasha Jonas for the undisputed WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal women's lightweight title
Dereck Chisora vs Joseph Parker
Andy Ruiz Jr vs Chris Arreola
Sebastian Fundora vs Jorge Cota
Erislandy Lara vs Cornflake Lamanna for the vacant WBA (Regular) Middleweight Title
Eduardo Ramirez vs. Isaac Avelar for the vacant WBA interim title
Omar Figueroa Jr. vs. Abel Ramos

Ruiz weighed in almost 30 pounds lighter than his rematch with Joshua. Arreola set a record for most punches thrown by a heavyweight in his last fight. Should be a good one.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ruiz got the win and he deserved it, but those scorecards were shameful. I gave Arreola 4 rounds. Two of the judges scored it 11 rounds to 1 for Ruiz.

Ruiz also did not look great against the 40 year old warrior in Arreola. Deontay Wilder, Vitali Klitschko, and Bermane Stiverne were all able to stop much better, younger versions of Arreola.

I don't think Ruiz is really that good, even at his best. Which means Joshua losing to him as he did is even worse.

I don't think there's any chance Joshua beats Fury or Wilder, I really don't. I can't imagine Fury struggling with Arreola unless Fury showed up 50 pounds overweight or coked up or something.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Ruiz got the win and he deserved it, but those scorecards were shameful. I gave Arreola 4 rounds. Two of the judges scored it 11 rounds to 1 for Ruiz.

Ruiz also did not look great against the 40 year old warrior in Arreola. Deontay Wilder, Vitali Klitschko, and Bermane Stiverne were all able to stop much better, younger versions of Arreola.

I don't think Ruiz is really that good, even at his best. Which means Joshua losing to him as he did is even worse.

I don't think there's any chance Joshua beats Fury or Wilder, I really don't. I can't imagine Fury struggling with Arreola unless Fury showed up 50 pounds overweight or coked up or something.
I agree the fight was much closer than the judges scorecards. I thought Ruiz was done in the second.

There were tons of fights in the crowd. Best of all since people were spread out you could see the punches landing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I agree the fight was much closer than the judges scorecards. I thought Ruiz was done in the second.

There were tons of fights in the crowd. Best of all since people were spread out you could see the punches landing.
I didn't notice those. I was pretty hammered though.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Terrible stoppage in that Takayama fight. How you gonna let a four time world champ get stopped on his feet when he's not even hurt in a title fight? He was losing, but he deserved to finish that fight.

And then Billy Joe quit on his stool because he has no fucking heart.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Terrible stoppage in that Takayama fight. How you gonna let a four time world champ get stopped on his feet when he's not even hurt in a title fight? He was losing, but he deserved to finish that fight.

And then Billy Joe quit on his stool because he has no fucking heart.
That was the worse stoppage I have seen in a while. What a damn joke.

BJS eye bruised up too quickly, I think his eye socket is broken. It looked like Canelo was going for one of his body shots and BJS went down and got it on his face instead.

BJS loved circling the ring, tried to use it to his advantage.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why the fuck is Anderson Silva about to box Julio Cesar Chavez Jr?

Silva is 1-7-0-1 in his last 9 MMA bouts and is 1-1-0-0 in pro boxing, having not fought in the sport since 2005.

JCC Jr is a massive disappointment but be's still a former WBC middleweight champion, 11 years younger, and 55-5-1-1 as a pro boxer.

There's no reason for this one. Even the novelty factor isn't there as we've already seen Silva as a boxer and he wasn't good.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Former NFL player Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson will make his professional boxing debut on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul gong show PPV next month.

Johnson will fight Brian Maxwell. Maxwell's fight record:
0-3-0-0 in pro bare knuckle boxing (2 KO losses)
0-1-0-0 in pro boxing (1 KO loss)
2-3-0-0 in pro MMA (2 KO losses, 1 submission loss)

Total pro fight record: 2-7-0-0 with 5 KO losses

Even with a record like that, he has to be the favorite against a 43 year old former wide receiver. 9 pro fights is a world of experience even getting your ass kicked compared to zero pro fights.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Good fight last night between Figueroa and Nery. Figueroa is now the WBC and fake WBA (Regular) super bantamweight champion and already has a unification with WBO champion Stephen Fulton Jr scheduled for September.

Murodjon Akhmadaliev has the IBF and real WBA (super) belts so we'd just be one fight away from undisputed.