Couple Who Made MAS Sticks/Superguns Has Passed Away

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This is saddening news. I had a MAS stick in early 2000 to go along with my supergun. It was superbly built with quality workmanship. They will be missed.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
damn. sad news. absolutely wanted a MAS back in the day.
I'm getting more and more concerned for house fires with so many lithium batteries tucked away in closets. I know someone in the RC hobby lost their house that way.

Had a pair of their neo mvs cab themed sticks for my kpj component modded aes waaaay back in the day, on a 32” sony trinitron. Was a slick setup. Really loved those sticks, something lovely about nicely broken in american controls. Really fucked for anyone to pass like that. RIP.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
damn. sad news. absolutely wanted a MAS back in the day.
I'm getting more and more concerned for house fires with so many lithium batteries tucked away in closets. I know someone in the RC hobby lost their house that way.
I stick with 90s battery tech for this reason in my RC cars. Also, no real cars with Lithium batteries in my garage ever ever ever. Once you’ve seen an electric car burst into flames and burn for a day your understanding of “eco” levels up.

Last edited:

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Damn, i never got around to getting one of their sticks. I'll have to see if i can grab one second hand though now there will be more demand for them. May they rest in peace. I too will donate to their gofundme.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Damn, i never got around to getting one of their sticks. I'll have to see if i can grab one second hand though now there will be more demand for them
such a fucking slimy piece of shit, fooling NO ONE-- Do their legacy a favor and DON'T buy their stuff secondhand, Mr. Posts His Dying Father Online For The Scoops

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
never miss a chance to capitalize on a death, friends or otherwise
You guys never miss a chance to twist my words. This has nothing to do with the sticks, although id like one. I dont like to hear about good people dying in that manner, its extremely heartbreaking.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
You guys never miss a chance to twist my words. This has nothing to do with the sticks, although id like one. I dont like to hear about good people dying in that manner, its extremely heartbreaking.
it's not twisting your word. unlike, maybe, some other people i don't think you intend things to be taken the way they are. but i do think you lack the ability to sense when certain talking points should not be made based on the context of a conversation. the mentioning about how the secondhand market for MAS products were going to go up did not have to be and should not have been made. i hope you are able to see how avoiding these unnecessary comments would save you a whole lot of heartache here.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Whatever though, you guys always make your own narrative for your shits and giggles.
Well the stuff has been around for 25+ years and only when they die and the “demand” (from other ghouls like you) increases do you want one. If you don’t want people to comment on that you should maybe think twice before you...do anything.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Well the stuff has been around for 25+ years and only when they die and the “demand” (from other ghouls like you) increases do you want one. If you don’t want people to comment on that you should maybe think twice before you...do anything.
You're all right. I stuck my foot in my mouth and for that im sorry. Im not a horrible person, and i dont want to detract from how sad and upsetting that these two very good and kind individuals died. I need to watch how i say things, but my intention was not to minimize their deaths.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You're all right. I stuck my foot in my mouth and for that im sorry. Im not a horrible person, and i dont want to detract from how sad and upsetting that these two very good and kind individuals died. I need to watch how i say things, but my intention was not to minimize their deaths.
What kind of vagina flower response is this? Fight back and start swinging, cunt!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You always say that every third post... dude just gtfo this forum for a month or two at least. There will be no $50 Metal Slug 2 AES carts at the marketplace for you to scoop in the meantime, I promise.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm begging the gods to please Nuke this fuckhead's account ^

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
You always say that every third post... dude just gtfo this forum for a month or two at least. There will be no $50 Metal Slug 2 AES carts at the marketplace for you to scoop in the meantime, I promise.
You mean to tell me, Metal Slug 2 doesnt sell for $50?!?!?!?! Wow......i am in shock. :thevt:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sorry man, i'm a very pacific type person. Fighting unless absolutely nescessary is not my thing.
What do you mean? People from the Pacific are usually very aggressive, especially when they drink. Ever got on the cans with a Samoan?

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Wow - what an incredibly sad piece of news. Thao was a one and only original pioneer in the arcade world of "makers". His engineering and inventiveness was something I really respect.

Everyone here will mention his arcade sticks (the best of their time by far), but I rank his most impressive achievement to be the first person in the world to convert MVS carts. I spoke with him many times in the early years, and always looked forward to what their next project would bring.

Condolences to their loved ones.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dang. Rip.

I was just thinking the other day how I regret selling my mas stick. What a shitty way to go.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That's tragic. If only you held onto it, you could have made a profit now that there is more of a demand for them 😔

Pretty shitty time to make a joke. I don't like selling my shit anymore unless I have extras or I need to clear space. Back when I had the stick I was fresh out of college and I was moving a lot.

When did you start becoming a dick head?