Castlevania Rondo of Blood and the mystery door?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

This has driven me nuts for 15 years and counting. Why is it there? Where does it go?

I've never read or found anything online answering the question

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
dude, it's still unsolved!

Those same things drive me nuts too. Been playing this game for too long. I think I completed it as recent as 2020.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Could be an unfinished room by the programmers. I never knew it existed. Judging by how difficult it is to reach it, it seems like it may never have been meant to be.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Cue the theme to unsolved mysteries dunno maybe that door was suppose to lead to a cut area ??

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I never went that way with Maria sad I never figured out that. I knew about the extra life from the engine. It doesn't even look like you can get back there.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It doesn’t go anywhere. It’s not a “mystery” at all. It’s just a cool dead-end room that only Maria can get to.

I’m honestly surprised anyone who owns this game has never been there. I discovered all this this literally the day I got the game back on like 1994.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
It doesn’t go anywhere. It’s not a “mystery” at all. It’s just a cool dead-end room that only Maria can get to.

I’m honestly surprised anyone who owns this game has never been there. I discovered all this this literally the day I got the game back on like 1994.
Of course you did...

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Of course you did...
I can’t help it if people suck bad at Castlevania, and they must because I’m not good. :)

I’ve never met anyone who knows this game that didn’t already know this room when the subject came up in conversation. It’s also in every Japanese guidebook and English FAQ. I think it may have been in Gamefan even...with pictures and such...in every EB in America.