New Star Wars stuff announced

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think that making him a failure at the edge of space is the biggest 'fuck you' to the franchise and its fans ever. Mean spirited and petty.

Force ghost Yoda telling Luke that failure is the greatest teacher is fucking gay.

Luke already learned that lesson.

In Episode V.

Put me in an octagon with Rian Johnson for five minutes.

I'll teach him about failure.

You will be entertained.

I actually agree with Taiso for once. Having Luke disappear into a hopeless curmudgeon was a slap in the face to any SW fan. He worked his ass off in the EU. Even if you forget all that, there's no way he would give up so easily.

I think there is a big enough gap in the timeline where his story could be expanded, but as it stands....pathetic.

It's clear Disney wanted to kill off the old characters to start fresh, but they really half-assed it for all of them.
Admiral Akbar - died in a passing sentence.
Luke - noped the fuck out.
Han - just kill the useless old man.
leia- i think we're lucky carrie fisher died, otherwise who knows....

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m frankly baffled with regard to why Disney even had to tell a story featuring them.

I mean, I know the reason why, it was a business decision. The sequel trilogy as has been pointed out so many times was never about telling a good story.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I will look forward to the book of Boba Fett and season 3 of the Mandalorian, and maybe check out the ashoka show but not interested in any of the others.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I were in charge, I'd make a slew of new movies.

-The Legend of the 7 Jedi.
-A 3 part series about the trials of Musashi-ren
-A film about a Jedi With no name that wonders into an outpost and plays two warloards off of each other.
-A story about a dead Jedi told from the perspective of a bandit, the Jedi's wife, a woodcuter and finally, the ghost of the Jedi.
-Macbeth in Space (Spider Web Fortress)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

-A film about a Jedi With no name that wonders into an outpost and plays two warloards off of each other.
-A story about a dead Jedi told from the perspective of a bandit, the Jedi's wife, a woodcuter and finally, the ghost of the Jedi.

I want all quiet on the western front or Gallipoli from the perspective of a private in the imperial army.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

Jedi-centric takes on Kurosawa's cinema isn't the worst idea.

'sage;

The Witcher is likely to be the next big water cooler franchise. I didn't think much of the series myself, but it has the general public's attention. Needs better production values and pacing, tho.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I think a Star Wars show like Marvel Comics' What If . . . ? comic series would be fun. Didn't Dark Horse do that?

What if Darth Vader just said fuck it and killed Luke?

What if Darth Maul wasn't a dumbass and killed Obi Wan instead of fucking around and getting cut in half?

What if Jabba the Hutt was sensible and agreed to give Luke Han Solo when he asked? (Needed the room for Terminator and Rambo statchoos).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyways, Star wars to me is Samurais fighting Nazis in space.

That is why I couldn't get past the first sequel. They took the Nazis out.

The first two Disney films brought back the Nazis.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Jedi-centric takes on Kurosawa's cinema isn't the worst idea.

'sage;

It is why Phantom Menace was passable. They just re-mined hidden fortress.

My Jedi-Samurai series would probably end with "The Loyal 47 Jedi Retainers".

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I enjoyed the wheel of time in high school though I petered out on the series well before it was finished.

I'm looking forward to the wheel of time series so I don't have to read the books.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I want all quiet on the western front or Gallipoli from the perspective of a private in the imperial army.

Now comming to a theatre near you:

Johnny Got His Light Sabre.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Disney+ is adding a bunch of old stuff
Per the announcement on the official Star Wars website, Disney+'s Star Wars Vintage Collection features "several long-out-of-print and previously unavailable movies and series." Their ranks include the live-action, made-for-TV Ewok films Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, along with both volumes of the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series, the animated Ewoks series and the animated segment of the infamous 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special, The Story of the Faithful Wookiee. Disney+ will also add the Star Wars: Droids animated TV show to the collection later this year.

Most of it sucks but Tartokovsky's 2D Clone Wars show was ace.

Next month is the premiere of Bad Batch. I thought I posted a trailer for it here but I think some stuff from this topic got lost when the forum went down?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Disney+ is adding a bunch of old stuff

Most of it sucks but Tartokovsky's 2D Clone Wars show was ace.

Next month is the premiere of Bad Batch. I thought I posted a trailer for it here but I think some stuff from this topic got lost when the forum went down?
I think we’re missing pages from this thread, possibly.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think we’re missing pages from this thread, possibly.
I've noticed weeks worth of stuff missing in some threads. I definitely remember posting the Bad Batch trailer and us having a discussion about which of these shows will be limited event series and which will be normal ongoing TV shows.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The first episode of the new animated series Star Wars: The Bad Batch is up on Disney+. It's an extended episode at 1 hour, 15 minutes. I'll watch it this evening.

They also posted almost all the legacy content they announced earlier:
-Tartakovsky's 2D Clone Wars micro-series
-Ewoks animated series
-The Story of the Faithful Wookie animated segment from the Star Wars Holiday SPecial
-Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure made for TV movie
-Ewoks: The Battle for Endor made for TV movie

They are all branded with a "Star Wars Vintage" logo.

Most of those are unwatchable but Clone Wars is awesome. That shitty Droids cartoon from the 80s is supposed to be posted some time this year as well.

And they posted some short fanservice videos today. One with flythroughs of famous Star Wars vehicles, one with flythroughs of famous planets and locales, and a Simpsons short.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought the first episode was good. Anybody else watch it yet?

Surprising cameo in the first few minutes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Second episode of Bad Batch was posted yesterday, and they will be doing one per week from here on out. 16 episodes this season.

I thought the second episode was really good, too. One of the better one-off characters from Clone Wars makes a return and there is a mention of Rex as well.

I think they were smart to hit the ground running on this right after Clone Wars season 7. The last three Star Wars cartoons (Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance) all started off much weaker than they ended up, but they did a lot of the setup work in that mini-arc in Clone Wars S7 so they are able to just jump right into a new era.

famicommander

15 Year Member
None of y'all are watching Bad Batch?

Kind of a slow-paced third episode. Still very much the quality of show you'd expect if you've seen Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, or Mandalorian.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s on D+?
I’ll probably only watch the live action stuff. If I do catch the cartoons it will be when I resub to D+ for Mando Season 3.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It’s on D+?
I’ll probably only watch the live action stuff. If I do catch the cartoons it will be when I resub to D+ for Mando Season 3.
Yes, it's on Disney+.

When you do watch Clone Wars, use this order instead of the order they're in by default:

Some episodes aired out of order for censorship or marketing reasons (they wanted the episodes to coincide with toy or comic book releases), other times they just made sequels to old episodes and aired them in later seasons.

Rebels was thankfully released in the correct order. You just watch the four animated shorts (also on D+) and then every episode straight through.

You can skip Resistance. It's not bad but it's inconsequential as far as impact on the live action shows or movies and it's aimed at a younger audience than the others.

Bad Batch picks up right from the end of Clone Wars.

Several more characters that originated in Clone Wars or Rebels will be popping up on the live action shows this year beyond the ones that already have (Saw Gerrera, Bo-Katan Kryze, Ahsoka Tano). They're really worth watching and both shows get significantly better with each season.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I will look forward to the book of Boba Fett and season 3 of the Mandalorian, and maybe check out the ashoka show but not interested in any of the others.
Not gonna try to convince you otherwise, but honestly - Bad Batch has been good. And while the Clone Wars cartoon took a little time to get it's footing, it finally paid off - and that last season had 4 completely useless episodes with the two sisters and Ahsoka, but the last 4 that take place at the same time as Revenge of the Sith were incredible.

The ending to Clone Wars with Vader and what happens to Ahsoka and Rex was just - beautiful, honestly.

Im 100% down for just about anything Ahsoka related, (even named my new kitten after her), and if Dave Filoni is involved, it's got my interest.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Not gonna try to convince you otherwise, but honestly - Bad Batch has been good. And while the Clone Wars cartoon took a little time to get it's footing, it finally paid off - and that last season had 4 completely useless episodes with the two sisters and Ahsoka, but the last 4 that take place at the same time as Revenge of the Sith were incredible.

The ending to Clone Wars with Vader and what happens to Ahsoka and Rex was just - beautiful, honestly.

Im 100% down for just about anything Ahsoka related, (even named my new kitten after her), and if Dave Filoni is involved, it's got my interest.
i have seen the first 2 episodes of bad batch so far and liked it, just wish they didnt have a kid in it