offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Video unavailable due to a copyright claim by AEW :tickled:
Those sensitive little fucking pussies.

Maybe stop botching and/or stop airing your fucking botches if you don't want people to cut them together to hilarious music.

E6rMvGGXsAgAwqR

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
AEW is such a bizarre show. Mox/Archer was great, and seeing Nick Gage on a mainstream promotion will be cool, but it's against Chris f'ing old-ass Jericho.

Thought it was kind of funny how they let QT call Cody "the golden shovel" last week, given that it's totally accurate. Really, all of the Elite VPs book themselves like gods, and it's just annoying. I'm always gonna be happy to watch Death Triangle wrestle or Eddie Kingston or MJF or a few other guys cut the promos that they write for themselves, but it can be rough getting through a lot of their show.

Basically, I'm agreeing in large part with Fami's take on the company, but I think they're still worth DVR'ing to find the 20 or 30 minutes of good stuff on a Dynamite.

edit: I didn't realize that the Jericho video hadn't been taken down, LOL. Dude seriously, SERIOUSLY needs to do the job for Max and then hang it up, he's just embarrassing himself at this point.

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW is such a bizarre show. Mox/Archer was great, and seeing Nick Gage on a mainstream promotion will be cool, but it's against Chris f'ing old-ass Jericho.

Thought it was kind of funny how they let QT call Cody "the golden shovel" last week, given that it's totally accurate. Really, all of the Elite VPs book themselves like gods, and it's just annoying. I'm always gonna be happy to watch Death Triangle wrestle or Eddie Kingston or MJF or a few other guys cut the promos that they write for themselves, but it can be rough getting through a lot of their show.

Basically, I'm agreeing in large part with Fami's take on the company, but I think they're still worth DVR'ing to find the 20 or 30 minutes of good stuff on a Dynamite.

edit: I didn't realize that the Jericho video hadn't been taken down, LOL. Dude seriously, SERIOUSLY needs to do the job for Max and then hang it up, he's just embarrassing himself at this point.
Actually the Jericho -specific botchreel is still up, it's part 3 of AEWbotches 7 part "50 Botches in 50 Minutes" series that was taken down by AEW.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Jericho can work a gimmick. He should just become a brawler.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Alexander Hammerstone won the MLW Battle Riot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
so, Slammiversary had:
-NJPW guys (Jay White, David Finlay, Juice Robinson)
-AEW people (Kenny Omega, Don Callis, Thunder Rosa)
-WWE's No Way Jose debut
-WWE's Aiden English teased
-NWA's Mickie James
-Chelsea Green, who just left WWE and appeared at ROH Best in the World

And what was all that worth?

Well, this week's Impact did 104,000 viewers. That's a drop of 5,000 from the pre-Slammiversary show and the second lowest audience of 2021.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Impact 2021 average viewership by months:
Jan-Feb: 167,250
Mar-Apr: 139,279
May-Jun: 121,625
July so far: 100,500

And people are still online asking why ROH and MLW aren't putting their belts on Kenny.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Matt Cardona winning the GCW title brought some of the most heat I have seen on anybody in years. It was like an old ECW crowd though I will give it up to Cardona in that he got carved up in the match. But then because it's GCW after their match 2 Cold Scorpio revived the Grim Reefer by sharing a blunt with him in the ring. So an indy is going to indy no matter what especially when run by Joey Janela.

The NJPW Grand Slam was awesome though and had Shingo retain that ugly belt over Tanahashi who replaced Ibushi.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Matt Cardona winning the GCW title brought some of the most heat I have seen on anybody in years. It was like an old ECW crowd though I will give it up to Cardona in that he got carved up in the match. But then because it's GCW after their match 2 Cold Scorpio revived the Grim Reefer by sharing a blunt with him in the ring. So an indy is going to indy no matter what especially when run by Joey Janela.

The NJPW Grand Slam was awesome though and had Shingo retain that ugly belt over Tanahashi who replaced Ibushi.
Surprised you could take time away from being a giant shitbag long enough to watch any wrestling.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

Surprised you could take time away from being a giant shitbag long enough to watch any wrestling.
WWE thread is fami's domain. he will have the thread the way he wants it, pal.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
AEW Women’s World Champion, Britt Baker, suffered a broken wrist during her successful title defense Wednesday night against Nyla Rose on Fyter Fest night two. Baker confirmed the news on Twitter, but said she would not be missing any time because of the injury.

“I retained the title on Wednesday night at AEW Dynamite with a broken wrist,” Baker said. “Not taking any time off either.”

WWE star Jeff Hardy’s scheduled meet and greet and musical performance at recordBar in Kansas City, Missouri on Monday has been postponed. The music venue’s Facebook page announced that the postponement is due to Hardy testing positive for COVID-19 this morning.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Other than Stu Grayson nearly cracking his skull, that was a helluva basic cable wrestling show. Random thoughts:

-So yeah, Adam Page got massively fucked by the big signings and I think Darby Allin is the big winner. Kinda funny how the announcers made almost zero mention of the loss in the first match meaning that both AP and the Dark Order don't get title shots due to the loss, Page HAD to have been lined up for a big run before the whole Punk/Danielson thing. Maybe he still gets a run, but I doubt it. More likely, IMO, is Omega drops the belt to a transition champ (Miro or heel-turned Christian if TK doesn't care, Andrade if he wants to test out the response on somebody worth a shit) then jobs it to Punk, who, in turn, finally gives it up to Allin. Allin's the guy- first Sting, now Punk, and he's so, so different from what WWE does with its champions. Allin's gonna hold the belt a long damn time, and really, that works.

-Punk and Danielson, yeesh, that pushes some guys back a bit. Cody's always going to be the actual top guy, Omega's 1B, now MJF, Starks, Guevara, they're all that much further from main eventing. Awesome to get Punk and Danielson, sure, but kinda bittersweet for a few guys.

-Ain't no way in hell Punk can possibly live up to expectations. Guy is old. Still a great, and he'll be great on the mic, but it's been seven years.

-FINALLY gonna push Proud and Powerful, 'bout time. Can't get the belts on them soon enough.

-I generally like the New Japan angle, but lord almighy Hikoleo sucks, takes a really bad match to get the "blowling show ugly" treatment. I'd like to see Archer keep the title and have Moxley move on to Nick Gage instead.

-Keep Nick Gage full-time. Match with Jericho was tame by his standards obviously, but he proved he can work a safe match, and that style is something only maybe Moxley can bring otherwise. Kinda tepid crowd response but seriously, that's money if they keep at it.

-Oh, and Thunder Rose still rules. Hard choice between her and Purazzo for best women's worker going.

edit: they gotta be careful with MJF, he's gonna start getting face pops by bringing in good cameos. I guess if anybody can keep getting heel heat it's him, but really, let someone else bring back Hurricane Helms guys.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
-Oh, and Thunder Rose still rules. Hard choice between her and Purazzo for best women's worker going.

I think Rosa is better on the mic right now. Purazzo needs to work on that. In-ring they're both excellent.

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW is fuckin' trash boys, sorry

Punk and Danielson can't save it.

Jericho is so fucking sad.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Darby Allin fucking sucks. He can't cut a promo and he can't work a match. All he does is take stupid bumps because he can't do anything else and his skateboard gimmick is stupid.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just watched highlights of the Jericho and Gage encounter, thoroughly unimpressed with that garbage match to be honest.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just watched highlights of the Jericho and Gage encounter, thoroughly unimpressed with that garbage match to be honest.
You can count the number of good matches Jericho has had in AEW on one hand.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Brock Lesnar has signed with "someone other than WWE"

Could be UFC or another MMA promotion, could be AEW or NJPW, could be something out of left field like bare knuckle even though Brock can't punch