Hot takes

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Zantetsu and Rick Strowd are the 2 best characters SNK ever made.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Magician Lord is one of the best games on Neo Geo.

Also, Last Blade is a better game than Last Blade 2.
It's funny. I think Last Blade 2 is a better game, yet I enjoy playing LB1 more. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Matrimelee has more personality than any other fighting game on Neo Geo
fvJp2Gg.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's funny. I think Last Blade 2 is a better game, yet I enjoy playing LB1 more. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
This is the same issue people had with SSIII vs IV

They gravitate to the game with more characters

but then realize the game with less characters is better overall between gameplay, atmosphere, and pallette.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
This is the same issue people had with SSIII vs IV

They gravitate to the game with more characters

but then realize the game with less characters is better overall between gameplay, atmosphere, and pallette.

I wish they did. Most people still think SSIII is arse because... Well because it's a bit arse, of course - but they overlook what's great about it. I wish IV was a simple update of III, or there was a III special / perfect / whatever.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yuki’s stage in LB was never topped nor even matched in LB2.

also, Hyper Kagami was way more frustrating as a boss that Kouryo.
LB2's fire stage was treated as some kind of new, alien technology in online discussion when that game came out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
LB2's fire stage was treated as some kind of new, alien technology in online discussion when that game came out.
I like the fire stage but it can be perfectly replicated in an animated gif.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I dunno what it is but gameplay just feels smoother in LB1. As I mentioned I like Zantetsu and he just plays like butter in LB1. He just feels less fluid in LB2...can't really speak to the other characters though...

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

Better != more enjoyable

I personally recognize SF3 Third Strike as a better game than SSF2 Turbo, but I enjoy the latter more.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The first 'The Last Blade' had some impact, because it brought an incredible sense of freshness to a console that a short time later would die (the first 'Fatal Fury' and this 'LB' don't seem to have been produced on the same and identical hardware), while 'The Last Blade 2' is a better sequel, but is a simple update of a game already released the year before and for this reason not everyone likes.

It's like in the case of 'Real Bout Special' and 'Real Bout 2': 'RB2' is an improved game, but at that time to monetize us as much as possible, SNK cut a lot of details and if you don't play this chapter with another person, 'RB2' it's quite boring compared to 'RBS', which has much more details that can be enjoyed even playing independently.

I am always partial to LB2's burning house stage. I mean you have to be pretty angry at your opponent to forego your own safety to fight in a burning house.
When I think of 'The Last Blade', the first two things that come to mind are the autumn garden of Kaede's house seen in 'LB1' and also the burning attic in 'LB2' that you just mentioned.

s167.daydaynews.cc

Original Source of the image.

Last edited:

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
i was legit about to ask: someone please convince me why a golf game is considered top 5 in the library but this thread explains it lol. Never really understood the appeal.