Heritage Auctions and Wata Games Fraud

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Both of these videos are an important watch for everyone in the scene.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION In The Retro Video Game Market

Retro Video Game Market EXPOSED!

Hopefully this means the end of slabbing/grading Retro Video Games.

EDIT: Follow-up video from Pat the NES Punk:
Wata & Heritage Auctions Game Scandal Blows Up

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yes, and in that thread, is some awkward info-territorial nerd tension between Terry and VBA.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
To be fair, finding anything on this forum is really dumb and awkward *shrugs*

Can you buy PCBs for a reasonable price again yet? 👀

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
LOL HA has been shill bidding on their own auctions for over a decade.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It amuses me. Particularly Terry's bitter demeanor towards you.
Hahaha.. okay. I was basically agreeing with him. People do concentrate on the $ and publicity of these outrageous and blatantly fraudulent "auctions" and have been ignoring the larger scale scam that they were running in the long run.

Anyway these videos while not saying a lot that anyone paying attention doesn't already know are still good as many people as possible need to know about this scam and it's really great the the people behind it are getting outed. All be it possibly too late.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Wasn't there a guy who send the same game for gradation 3 times and got a different grade number each time?

Last edited:
Hahaha.. okay. I was basically agreeing with him. People do concentrate on the $ and publicity of these outrageous and blatantly fraudulent "auctions" and have been ignoring the larger scale scam that they were running in the long run.

Anyway these videos while not saying a lot that anyone paying attention doesn't already know are still good as many people as possible need to know about this scam and it's really great the the people behind it are getting outed. All be it possibly too late.
Clearly the lady wants to see us fight. C’mon, shirts off, get your chest oiled up and grab a katana, Im ready.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This was a good video. I admit, I hate that guy’s voice a lot. When I first watched a video by him a while back I thought it was a speech bot. The timing is so machine like and he sounds like he’s avoiding certain phonics or whatever to hide some flaw in his formant synthesis …but in fact it’s a real guy who really talks like that all the time. Amazing. I have no other complains. He doesn’t talk into the camera all day, I appreciate that.

The video is, as others have said, not really full of new information to anyone who pays attention but I don’t pay attention (to the price of Wrecking Crew) so most of it was new to me. It also does a good job of showing how mainstream media outlets want to cheer on massive prices and don’t seem to do any actual journalism on it. For sure share this with anyone stupid enough to buy actual shares in video game via a trading app…which apparently is a real thing. I for sure didn’t know that.

“Oil is trading for $100 a barrel, OK, let’s go.”

“But wait, our oil is better. It’s $150 a barrel.”

“Why?”

“Oh! Now it’s $200!”

“Why? This stuff here is “crude oil %100 and it’s still $100.”

“Now our premium grade A crude is $350! Act now or miss the boat!”

“…OK. Give me 1000 barrels.”

“OK, it’s $670 per now and there is a %20 fee.”

“That’s fine. I’m in it to win it.” (Spends rest of life waiting to sell 1000 barrels of crude at a grand each.)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This was a good video. I admit, I hate that guy’s voice a lot. When I first watched a video by him a while back I thought it was a speech bot. The timing is so machine like and he sounds like he’s avoiding certain phonics or whatever to hide some flaw in his formant synthesis …but in fact it’s a real guy who really talks like that all the time. Amazing. I have no other complains. He doesn’t talk into the camera all day, I appreciate that.

The video is, as others have said, not really full of new information to anyone who pays attention but I don’t pay attention (to the price of Wrecking Crew) so most of it was new to me. It also does a good job of showing how mainstream media outlets want to cheer on massive prices and don’t seem to do any actual journalism on it. For sure share this with anyone stupid enough to buy actual shares in video game via a trading app…which apparently is a real thing. I for sure didn’t know that.

“Oil is trading for $100 a barrel, OK, let’s go.”

“But wait, our oil is better. It’s $150 a barrel.”

“Why?”

“Oh! Now it’s $200!”

“Why? This stuff here is “crude oil %100 and it’s still $100.”

“Now our premium grade A crude is $350! Act now or miss the boat!”

“…OK. Give me 1000 barrels.”

“OK, it’s $670 per now and there is a %20 fee.”

“That’s fine. I’m in it to win it.” (Spends rest of life waiting to sell 1000 barrels of crude at a grand each.)
Translation: the video is shit and we already know.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I love how the very dull and unimaginative people manipulating these scams pick the least special titles possible. Nothing rare at all, in fact they think they opposite. They think the most valuable game on the system should be most dirt common title imaginable that everyone with a spare $50 at the time owned. This sort of flies in the face of every single version of “collecting” that we know of. It was done for a reason. More retards reading CNN will recognize it and be more likely to dump more money on their fucked up gaming hedge fund app.

I’m waiting to see who’s selling a basic “forever” US stamp for $360 million dollars. They kind they printed 360 million of. Then I want to buy a share of that stamp for $100 and see just wait for the money to roll in.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This one will be the straw that broke the camel's back, right? They can't possibly think anyone is this stupid.

Their strategy seems to be setting up bogus auctions for well-known games to drum up attention. I guess million dollar copies of Sapphire and Gleylancer don't get the attention.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Ummm...
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 09.55.16 AM.png

Both 9.6, but the one in the publcized auction is graded A++ and this one is graded A? The A graded copy is close to $10k less? How is WATA not being fucking crucified right now?

Plus, it's Minecraft ffs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wish that was the zenith of video game grading but it has yet to be reached,

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Ummm...

Both 9.6, but the one in the publcized auction is graded A++ and this one is graded A? The A graded copy is close to $10k less? How is WATA not being fucking crucified right now?

Plus, it's Minecraft ffs.
The 12K copy says Xbox Live Trial, maybe that is the difference? I'm not sure what that means, nevertheless neither copy is worth anything close to that