China ban on gay video games

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member

I understand the first few, but that last rationale is just there to arbitrarily ban anything.

More or less. It's a way to remove tools that would develop/hone/reinforce Chinese citizens ability to rationalize moral & ethical corruption of their government. Seems prudent given the Chinese governments moves in regards to Hong Kong. A convenient way to stomp out dissent is to try & stop it from coming about in the first place.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Two worlds collide, rival nations. It's a primitive clash, venting years of frustrations. Bravely we hope against all hope. There is so much at stake, seems our freedom's up against the ropes.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
They announced the ban on movies , kpop boy bands And what the ccp view as unmanly so that basically across the board culture reform.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Soon there will be only one game in China and it will be mandated that every citizen play it a designated amount per week or risk getting rehabilitated.

It will be like GTA except you can't kill hookers and cops. You just earn money and level up your character while more restrictions are placed on what you can do in the open world but you won't care because you just bought a new car and some designer sneakers.

They can point to Japan with all their faggy boys in popular media and culture as a direct cause of their decline of their once legendary ability to innovate and industrialize. Not to mention their morale is low they don't even want to fuck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Soon there will be only one game in China and it will be mandated that every citizen play it a designated amount per week or risk getting rehabilitated.

It will be like GTA except you can't kill hookers and cops. You just earn money and level up your character while more restrictions are placed on what you can do in the open world but you won't care because you just bought a new car and some designer sneakers.

They can point to Japan with all their faggy boys in popular media and culture as a direct cause of their decline of their once legendary ability to innovate and industrialize. Not to mention their morale is low they don't even want to fuck.
Basically a sandbox to see what the limit is on productivity. It will be called Neo Pokekun.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
ngl, i'm a little confused...did they ban kpop too?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Basically a sandbox to see what the limit is on productivity. It will be called Neo Pokekun.
Do NOT open the fucking door. It MIGHT be a hot woman, but, more likely a turtle that wants to lay it's eggs on you.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
ngl, i'm a little confused...did they ban kpop too?
Yes.

They have banned or cracked down on anything effeminate, gay, greedy/selfish, excessive etc. in movies, music and games.

If they don't already have them I expect to see some state appointed Chinese Beyonce, Justin Bieber types soon and I mean on a global level not just relegated to China. Instead of asses and parties they'll sing about doing the right thing for your countrymen.

They are also looking to redistribute the wealth of their own Bezos and Musk type people as well as celebrities so that there isn't a huge divide between them and normal people. At least that's what they say but the truth is they don't want anybody having enough money to challenge the government.

They are very quickly moving towards the kind of communist party regulation of basically every facet of peoples lives that has been joked about for the last couple of decades. Which most Chinese don't seem to care about as long as they make money and can buy nice things. Plus you know they can't really do anything about it because they would get disappeared if they do.

China has figured out that religion isn't the opiate of the masses. It's just enough money to keep people from questioning what's happening around them.

They're pretty much turning the country into the town from Hot Fuzz. It's all for the greater good. The greater good.

Except in this case none of it applies to the people actually making these laws, they're all corrupt and greedy as fuck.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yes.

They have banned or cracked down on anything effeminate, gay, greedy/selfish, excessive etc. in movies, music and games.

If they don't already have them I expect to see some state appointed Chinese Beyonce, Justin Bieber types soon and I mean on a global level not just relegated to China. Instead of asses and parties they'll sing about doing the right thing for your countrymen.

They are also looking to redistribute the wealth of their own Bezos and Musk type people as well as celebrities so that there isn't a huge divide between them and normal people. At least that's what they say but the truth is they don't want anybody having enough money to challenge the government.

They are very quickly moving towards the kind of communist party regulation of basically every facet of peoples lives that has been joked about for the last couple of decades. Which most Chinese don't seem to care about as long as they make money and can buy nice things. Plus you know they can't really do anything about it because they would get disappeared if they do.

China has figured out that religion isn't the opiate of the masses. It's just enough money to keep people from questioning what's happening around them.

They're pretty much turning the country into the town from Hot Fuzz. It's all for the greater good. The greater good.

Except in this case none of it applies to the people actually making these laws, they're all corrupt and greedy as fuck.
I don't know anything about the extent or level of CCP corruption but surely it can't be worse than it is here.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I think I'm getting married and buying a home here.
Thought I just read an article about them banning teachers and tutors or something.
A bunch of people had to come back.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't know anything about the extent or level of CCP corruption but surely it can't be worse than it is here.
Do you mean America or this site?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The "S" stands for "Super Saiyan". You going to be the one to tell Vegeta he can't teach your son or daughter fractions or long division and he has to leave the country? Didn't think so. They take one look at LoneSage, confidently walking to work, one hand in his pocket, and get the fuck out of his way.