One game, just one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It might have been Magician Lord, for what it represents to me. That it was the beginning of a journey not only playing the Neo but for owning the Neo as well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Aerofighters III US version. *mint*

Actually, it would probably be Samurai Shodown II, or Fatal Fury Special. Both of those just have a special place in my heart.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don’t know why I would sell all the games and keep the system but…yeah, probably KOF 98 or 02. One game isn’t enough. Neo Mike there nailed the list per-system.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Metal Slug for sho!
I also really like prehistoric isle 2 I can play that all day. Even though they only put work in the first level.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The NeoSD.

Serious question, do you actually consider some decades later pirate device to be part of your Neo Geo collection? I’m pretty sure if that’s all your have left then you actually sold all of your collection.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Serious question, do you actually consider some decades later pirate device to be part of your Neo Geo collection? I’m pretty sure if that’s all your have left then you actually sold all of your collection.
If you go back 20 years, having an MVS->Homecart converter would have been a major collection piece.

collector mindsets are hive minded, perceiving value as set by the major collectors. It’s all abstract and fake.

so, sure, my gen 1 Neo sd is conceivably a collector piece, which one day people will ohh and ahh at, or ho hum, 50% coin flip chance. Just like my collection of carts, which is slowly losing value as each collector dies off.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
If you go back 20 years, having an MVS->Homecart converter would have been a major collection piece.

collector mindsets are hive minded, perceiving value as set by the major collectors. It’s all abstract and fake.

so, sure, my gen 1 Neo sd is conceivably a collector piece, which one day people will ohh and at, or ho hum, 50% coin flip chance. Just like my collection of carts, which is slowly losing value as each collector dies off.

Yeah, I guess even pirate shit occasionally climbs in value, look at Tobias’s bullshit PC Engine boots. I’m not talking about the market though, I’m just saying personally. You’re really most emotionally attached to the newest cart you have, the one that was blank when it shipped? Seems pretty cold, not to mention it avoids the question. Asking the genie for more wishes is NFG, conversation-wise.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Puzzle Bobble, probably. Sold off my collection already though.
I'm not attached to any of my games - the more money it's worth the more likely I am to sell. Keeping a valuable game feels like a liability to me

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'd probably go with KOF '98 too or maybe Magical Drop 3.