Cotton 2 / Cotton Boomerang / Guardian Force (Switch/PS4) Saturn Tribute

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/cotton-guardian-force-saturn-tribute-announced-for-ps4-switch

The collection includes the 1997-released Cotton 2, and the 1998-released Cotton Boomerang and Guardian Force. All three titles were released for arcade and Sega Saturn, but as the title “Saturn Tribute” implies, they are based on the Sega Saturn version.

Various quality-of-life features have also been added, including a function to use rapid-fire shooting as standard, the ability to rewind to past scenes, quick save and load, online rankings, and more.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cool games, embarrassing cover art.

GF is a real le hidden gem.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Love Guardian Force. Surprisingly, the Saturn (and probably this version as well) is preferrable since the ST-V version has some input lag.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wonder if they'll add a dual stick option for Guardian Force. It would be interesting to toy around with that.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Oddly enough there's a de-lag patch for the STV version these days.

But yeah I'll pick this up. Excellent games.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Gotta admit, I only ever heard of Guardian Force as a namedrop but after watching some gameplay videos of the game, i'm intriguied. Looks like if Granada was a straight shoot 'em up instead.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Man I've always wantes to play gaurdian force just never able to pull the trigger. I got Boomerang years back and prefer it much to how cotton 2 plays.

Regardless im glad they are getting a release.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
October 5, 2021 - Notice of input lag for “Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute”

We have confirmed that the following titles currently available on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 are experiencing input lag.

・Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute (package version)

・Cotton 2 Saturn Tribute (download version)

・Cotton Boomerang Saturn Tribute (download version)

・Guardian Force Saturn Tribute (download version)

We are currently investigating this matter and plan to update each title on each console to improve the input lag.

The timing of the update will be announced later.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for your patience.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Well it sounds like this collection is a bust.
[video]
Yeah, I caught this video the other day as well. Hopefully they will patch the game, but I doubt it. Sad that it's in such a sorry state. Would have made a great low-cost package on some very pricy individual games.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Now that I think about it, it makes me fear for both Panorama Cotton and Cotton 100%, since they're also getting re-released for consoles. This collection, at its current state, is the first fuck up to Cotton's anniversary.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Yeah, I caught this video the other day as well. Hopefully they will patch the game, but I doubt it. Sad that it's in such a sorry state. Would have made a great low-cost package on some very pricy individual games.
Yeah hopefully it get's patched while i have cotton 2 and boomerang for saturn i was interested in it for guardian force.To bad this collection was handle by city connection and not by M2 instead.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I wonder if they'll add a dual stick option for Guardian Force. It would be interesting to toy around with that.
That would take some tricky balancing given how much of the original's challenge is based on the controls. You're right though, would have been fun regardless and I can't help but think M2 would have included it if they were the dev.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Damn! I was so close to buying this but held off for whatever reason. Best to stick with M2's releases as they've been impeccable thus far.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Damn! I was so close to buying this but held off for whatever reason. Best to stick with M2's releases as they've been impeccable thus far.
I pre-ordered it like a chump. If the lag is as bad as it looks, it's gonna be one expensive paper weight when it arrives.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
it's really unplayable with the lag. I wasted my money.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I heard that the dev issued a statement promising to patch this. If they can make it not suck, it would be great.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got my copy in the mail today, and left it in plain sight on the front seat of my car while I was at work. Nobody had the decency to steal it. What the hell is the world coming to?!

Could news of its crappiness have spread that fast?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Got my copy in the mail today, and left it in plain sight on the front seat of my car while I was at work. Nobody had the decency to steal it. What the hell is the world coming to?!

Could news of its crappiness have spread that fast?
they tried to break your window to steal it but their punch had 12 frames of lag so they kept missing