NBA season 21/22

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
c'mon Nuggets

is it too much to ask that you don't rip out my still beating heart and show it to me this year?

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I want to see a Kyrie Irving vs Ben Simmons chess match.

Also, one thing getting lost in all the Simmons drama is that Doc's terrible postseason history is going unnoticed. He's easily the most overrated coach in NBA history, and gets a free pass from nearly everyone in the media because he's affable and friends with many of them.

I don't know what the Sixers expect in a trade involving Simmons but they need to swallow their pride and take whatever they can get. This is ruining the organization's reputation as much as it is Ben's. Nobody's going to gift you a Damien Lillard, Jaylen Brown, Bradley Beal, or a bundle of first-round picks for this clown. He's this generation's Dwight Howard: peaks fast, then apparently doesn't bother refining his game and just coasts along.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
warriors shows a nice addition of normanja bjelica can pop the 3 and get a few reboulds . Curry still draws double /triple team, if team mates can cash in those open 3's .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
warriors shows a nice addition of normanja bjelica can pop the 3 and get a few reboulds . Curry still draws double /triple team, if team mates can cash in those open 3's .
how long will it take before the Lakers give up on Westbrook? Honestly think that Lebron might break Westbrook mentally and force him to either become a Chris Paul or fuck off and retire.

never forget that Lebron murdered Kyrie with words when Kyrie put up zero assists.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
how long will it take before the Lakers give up on Westbrook? Honestly think that Lebron might break Westbrook mentally and force him to either become a Chris Paul or fuck off and retire.

never forget that Lebron murdered Kyrie with words when Kyrie put up zero assists.
Westbrook's such a bizarre player. How a guy can average a triple-double three years in a row and somehow still rank as roughly as valuable as a replacement player by advanced metrics doesn't seem like it should be possible.

I really do think the Lakers are going to be pretty mediocre to bad this season, all the sites that have them ranked as a title contender, no. Lakers/Clippers in the play-in tournament for the 8 seed in the West, here we come.

re: Simmons - guesses on where he ends up? I'm picking Sacramento. The Athletic says Morey and Brand know that the only way they don't look like chumps is if Portland shits the bed early and Lillard demands a trade and they can pull that off, but I think Portland's going to improve, and it sounds like Lillard really does want to play for Billups now. Given how low Philly's leverage will be, I think snagging Buddy Hield and maybe a first-round pick would be a solid return. No way in hell the Kings are trading Fox for him though, as I've seen suggested.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I eagerly await Ben Simmons's first home game at Philadelphia (if there even is a home game with him), just to hear the crowd absolutely destroy him.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Westbrook's such a bizarre player. How a guy can average a triple-double three years in a row and somehow still rank as roughly as valuable as a replacement player by advanced metrics doesn't seem like it should be possible.

I really do think the Lakers are going to be pretty mediocre to bad this season, all the sites that have them ranked as a title contender, no. Lakers/Clippers in the play-in tournament for the 8 seed in the West, here we come.

re: Simmons - guesses on where he ends up? I'm picking Sacramento. The Athletic says Morey and Brand know that the only way they don't look like chumps is if Portland shits the bed early and Lillard demands a trade and they can pull that off, but I think Portland's going to improve, and it sounds like Lillard really does want to play for Billups now. Given how low Philly's leverage will be, I think snagging Buddy Hield and maybe a first-round pick would be a solid return. No way in hell the Kings are trading Fox for him though, as I've seen suggested.
Morey is playing the game wrong. Simmons to Sacramento can be a great deal. Take Bagley and picks and it’s still highway robbery.

Reactions: jro

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Morey is playing the game wrong. Simmons to Sacramento can be a great deal. Take Bagley and picks and it’s still highway robbery.
maybe they can get halliburton as well . might be a long shot but simmon might work well for san antonio and they have a nice crop of young players .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Race car plz. Halliburton isn’t being iced out on the bench for no reason like Bagley. Add in Barnes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If Halliburton was on the market, I would go to Ted’s mansion down the street and make him sign him for the Wizards.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Simmons peaked in college. Been downhill since.

High school. He sleepwalked through his year at LSU.

Advanced metrics hate Westbrook because he's so ball-dominant and takes a ton of shots for a guy who's a mediocre shooter (lifetime 30% from 3). The 20/10/10 average is much less impressive when you look at his usage (which is obscene even for a PG). He's fun to watch (I enjoyed him in Washington for the playoff stretch when he was healthy) but he's a terrible fit with LeBron and company. That's two 30+% usage guys on the floor at once.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
maybe they can get halliburton as well . might be a long shot but simmon might work well for san antonio and they have a nice crop of young players .
Dude, we have watched Simmons for years. We know what he has. The upside is out of the equation. Straight numbers. You get defense out the ears. You get poor shooting. If anyone wants that in 2021, idk. In 1991 it works great next to a lights out shooter. 2021? Shit. Has to play the 4 practically.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Dude, we have watched Simmons for years. We know what he has. The upside is out of the equation. Straight numbers. You get defense out the ears. You get poor shooting. If anyone wants that in 2021, idk. In 1991 it works great next to a lights out shooter. 2021? Shit. Has to play the 4 practically.
He has the size and defensive upside of dremon ,but the work ethic of wiggins . Just playing for the paycheque, will not make any sacrifices to win. maybe a different team will take on the project for cheap . Definitely not what morey wants for return .

wiz are off to a good start they have better squad then last year. If dinwinddie stay healthy he 2nd best player on team .

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Dinwiddie looked good tonight but they're still multiple pieces away from being dangerous. They at least have several NBA-caliber players/trade pieces now. They'll be fun to watch on League Pass at least. Unlike the Lakers who are gonna be a disaster for the first few weeks.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Jokic beast mode tonight.

32 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks. Nuggets 2-0.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Jokic beast mode tonight.

32 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks. Nuggets 2-0.
nuggets still have room to improved and have the piece to trade for em, dont think they can come out of the west , even with a healthy murray, if they have masai they would have had a championship by now .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dinwiddie looked good tonight but they're still multiple pieces away from being dangerous. They at least have several NBA-caliber players/trade pieces now. They'll be fun to watch on League Pass at least. Unlike the Lakers who are gonna be a disaster for the first few weeks.
Dinwiddie has been exactly what the Wizards didn’t get from Westbrook - a point guard.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Miami Heat laid an ass whooping on the defending champs. Excited to watch this season, since the Dolphins, Marlins, Panthers and Hurricanes are must sleep tv this year.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Suns have forgot how to basketball.

Can someone remind them how to basketball? How the fuck do you make it to the Finals and almost win, then start the season 1-3 with almost the same roster?