Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I always thought it was under $2,000, but it looks like if its over $800 but less than $2000, customs will prepare the paperwork, assess the duty and release it. Whatever the hell that means. I guess the post office is supposed to collect it then? Who knows, but like you I have never paid for anything imported.
Interesting. I've gotten items from Japan in the $1,500-$2,500 range all sent EMS and never had any fees to pay or additional paperwork to fill out. Had LD's, LD player, NOS N64DD and it hasn't mattered. Does it matter the type of item being imported? Like electronics possibly being exempt, etc?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
oh interesting, maybe i'll mess around with that. you liking the game?
Yeah, its pretty cool playing it on the Neo, we have it on the Xbox and Switch but were holding out for the MVS copy to arrive. I would have liked them to use a few more Neo specific tweaks here and there, like having scaling when the monsters drop in instead of the pill when you die, also pre-rendered (or whatever its called) explosions like in Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad would have been cool also, just to differentiate the Neo version more and show off what it can do.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Interesting. I've gotten items from Japan in the $1,500-$2,500 range all sent EMS and never had any fees to pay or additional paperwork to fill out. Had LD's, LD player, NOS N64DD and it hasn't mattered. Does it matter the type of item being imported? Like electronics possibly being exempt, etc?
That, I am not sure. Honestly, the customs site is confusing as hell, but I'm sure its meant to be 😉

erock

n00b
Seeing a hard reset of board if SSVSP is in slot 1 and Xeno is in slot 2. Didn't see this posted elsewhere.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The memory size of the Neo Geo cart is 306 megabits, vs the 32 megs of the Genesis version. The rom version of Xeno Crisis hasn't been released yet, but I opened the Neo Geo CD version and counted only around 49 megabits, so I suspect that a large chunk of that 309 megabits is music.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
The memory size of the Neo Geo cart is 309 megabits, vs the 32 megs of the Genesis version. The rom version of Xeno Crisis hasn't been released yet, but I opened the Neo Geo CD version and counted only around 49 megabits, so I suspect that a large chunk of that 309 megabits is music.
It's always just music. They surely didnt do anything worthwhile visually. I wish they'd have replaced the cut seens with nicer ones.

Every developer making anything for the neo it always makes me realize how much better neogeo dev team is than anyone else.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
So is the sound problem present with a 4 slot mobo too? Or just mvs1/2?
The sound problem is a mistake in the code, so it's present with any system. At least if you have a Unibios you can fix it easily, unless you have an MV1C.

PGorath

New Challenger
Can't do unibios on a machine in a commercial location. So we're waiting for a rom swap or something?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Can't do unibios on a machine in a commercial location. So we're waiting for a rom swap or something?
Yeah. In a commercial location, I don't know how noticeable it's going to be. The main thing is that the voices sfx will be louder compared to the music than they're supposed to be. What sucks about that is if you have to send in your cart, that's time waiting when the game can't be in the machine.

You can use the Unibios in a commerical setting if you disable the in-game menu. You would have to enter the memory patch every morning when you turn the machine on, then soft reset and disable the menu. It won't keep the patch on a multi-slot.

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
It's always just music. They surely didnt do anything worthwhile visually. I wish they'd have replaced the cut seens with nicer ones.

Every developer making anything for the neo it always makes me realize how much better neogeo dev team is than anyone else.

I haven’t played or watched all the NG Dev stuff (only have LH pink bullets, Gunlord, and KB) but other than Kraut Buster I haven’t been that impressed with their games visually either.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I haven’t played or watched all the NG Dev stuff (only have LH pink bullets, Gunlord, and KB) but other than Kraut Buster I haven’t been that impressed with their games visually either.
I mean lets not kid ourselves. Visually ngdev team games look like noegeo games. To say something like xenocrisis even compares is a huge stretch.

PGorath

New Challenger
I'm having some issues getting Xenocrisis to work on my 4 slot. When you stick the cartridge in it will boot the first time, but every other time it cycles to it it gives you the green reset screen and goes back to slot 1. I've tried it in every slot and the same thing occurs - boots on start-up, resets the rest of the time (if it's in the fourth slot it doesnt even boot the first time). All other cartridges are working normally.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Here's my video that gives a rundown of the Neo Geo version:

nice review as always Alec; i'm considering if i'll send my cart in or not for audio fix since the unibios patch is no big deal. what if we end up in another SSVS situation? haha.

put some more time in over the weekend, trying to clear dunes on 1c run. got my first "S" rank on stage 1. (think you need to take no damage or clear with full health for S)

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
nice review as always Alec; i'm considering if i'll send my cart in or not for audio fix since the unibios patch is no big deal. what if we end up in another SSVS situation? haha.

put some more time in over the weekend, trying to clear dunes on 1c run. got my first "S" rank on stage 1. (think you need to take no damage or clear with full health for S)
You must be the guy with all the unpatched NGDev games? I'd just get it fixed. It's just fixes.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm waiting once the US patching plan gets put out to see if i want to do so or not. I don't see why not, it's just if i can bother going to a post office to send it

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
haha, no i've patched all my NGDEV stuff since it's easy to do via usb; haven't done kraut buster yet though. (was waiting for AES to ship)
Yeah makes you wish bit map would have just gotten in contact with NGdev team and used them as a publisher.