Bitcoin?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How is Faust doing with all that shib? The growth is impressive.
It was a good call eh!

Have a look at $Floki. That’s the 3rd biggest Meme coin. Still less than a billion market cap. I picked up bunch of that a couple of weeks ago. Major marketing campaign starting to roll out across the world.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It was a good call eh!

Have a look at $Floki. That’s the 3rd biggest Meme coin. Still less than a billion market cap. I picked up bunch of that a couple of weeks ago. Major marketing campaign starting to roll out across the world.
What is FLOKI on?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
youre right, this is the main site it says uniswap pancakeswap and gate.io

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
WTF!? SHIB has surpassed XRP, Polkadot and Doge on Market Cap! USD$20mil traded on Binance in the last 24 hours. Insane!

Capture_Shib.JPG

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Shit's been showing up in the mainstream news. All of the daytraders are swarming in to lose their shirt.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
SHIB tanked back down today. Still holding onto an overall gain since it went to the moon.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There has been a lot of commercials about crypto exchanges I've never heard of during the World Series broadcast. Even the umpires in the baseball game have a crypto exchange company logo on their uniforms.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The race to $3T is going to ignore $2T as a benchmark.
better to over shoot it , then settle back down to 2t :mr_t: . Inflation is going to be adjusted by the free market, a truck brought last year and can sell it for 10- 20% more now . Purchasing power of the dollar is eroding fast .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
better to over shoot it , then settle back down to 2t :mr_t: . Inflation is going to be adjusted by the free market, a truck brought last year and can sell it for 10- 20% more now . Purchasing power of the dollar is eroding fast .
That’s just supply chain issues from Covid. Hyperinflation is simply a FUD to get Dorsey and the Coindesk libertarians richer.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm sure it's been discussed, but what are your lot's take on NFTs?
At the moment there is a lot of pointless garbage changing hands for stupid money. It will get more mainstream interest when companies with proper IP start entering the space. If SNK (whoever the fuck owns it these days) released an NFT set of Neo Geo home carts they would go for as much as a real home cart I reckon probably even more eventually because they are 1 of 1.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
At the moment there is a lot of pointless garbage changing hands for stupid money. It will get more mainstream interest when companies with proper IP start entering the space. If SNK (whoever the fuck owns it these days) released an NFT set of Neo Geo home carts they would go for as much as a real home cart I reckon probably even more eventually because they are 1 of 1.
Or Pokémon/magic/sports card company

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have a hard time understanding NFTs. A digital “original” is no different from all of its subsequent copies, other than provenance.

But i suppose if I thought on it I would value an original painting more than a copy, even if that copy was identical and produced via Star Trek technology like the replicator.

That said, I’d just buy the copy.

Though I suppose the fine art world has long usurped owning painting as works of art and instead for many they’re merely assets.

Hmmm.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have a hard time understanding NFTs. A digital “original” is no different from all of its subsequent copies, other than provenance.

But i suppose if I thought on it I would value an original painting more than a copy, even if that copy was identical and produced via Star Trek technology like the replicator.

That said, I’d just buy the copy.

Though I suppose the fine art world has long usurped owning painting as works of art and instead for many they’re merely assets.

Hmmm.
Imagine a rom that’s signed digitally by E. Kawasaki.

this would be worth more than a rom that you got free from a torrent site.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Imagine a rom that’s signed digitally by E. Kawasaki.

this would be worth more than a rom that you got free from a torrent site.

Certainly, and i do understand that…I’d just download the unsigned rom. It’s just interesting to me to have a piece of art created digitally and then one of the identical, infinitely reproducible copies arbitrarily deemed as the one with more value. In a context of a physical item the “original” makes sense to me. But digital? Nah.

Either way NFTs do seem like a good way for digital artists to make money, but my
Impression is that the buyers market is all speculators looking for easy money.