Bitcoin?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
From a programming aspect what makes it so you can not simply “copy” the NFT? Is it The same types of technology that prevent duplicating bitcoin and other digital currencies?

What’s to prevent an artist from selling an NFT of a digital painting and the down the road releasing another NFT of the same painting?

Where is the guarantee of the value or originality?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Certainly, and i do understand that…I’d just download the unsigned rom. It’s just interesting to me to have a piece of art created digitally and then one of the identical, infinitely reproducible copies arbitrarily deemed as the one with more value. In a context of a physical item the “original” makes sense to me. But digital? Nah.

Either way NFTs do seem like a good way for digital artists to make money, but my
Impression is that the buyers market is all speculators looking for easy money.
Of course. As mentioned, it’s pog collecting.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Okay, that’s what I thought.

Cryptocurrencies are a bit of a mystery to me as well in as far as how some of them “work” (blockchain, etc) and i feel like I’m too risk averse to “invest” in them at times. (Too dumb :emb:)

I’m just wondering when I can spend one of these shitcoins on booze and cigs down at the 711.

Do you think with the Facebook corporate rebranding to META that Zuck is going to try and launch is own shitcoin again? Meta Libra instead of Facebook Libra, or whatever they were going to call it?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The "learn and earn" quizzes on coinbase are the best. Just sit back and correctly identify that FOGL allows investors to stake their PANT to govern nodes on the FIDLR network and they'll send you some math that's worth $5.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The "learn and earn" quizzes on coinbase are the best. Just sit back and correctly identify that FOGL allows investors to stake their PANT to govern nodes on the FIDLR network and they'll send you some math that's worth $5.
And you can keep answering if you get the answer wrong.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

9976c430-4ed8-4ba5-8e98-36420c4bcecf_text.gif

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Okay, that’s what I thought.

Cryptocurrencies are a bit of a mystery to me as well in as far as how some of them “work” (blockchain, etc) and i feel like I’m too risk averse to “invest” in them at times. (Too dumb :emb:)

I’m just wondering when I can spend one of these shitcoins on booze and cigs down at the 711.

Do you think with the Facebook corporate rebranding to META that Zuck is going to try and launch is own shitcoin again? Meta Libra instead of Facebook Libra, or whatever they were going to call it?
According to some bitcoin is like gold and ethereum is like oil . It’s purposed is to replace the real gold and oil, as a storage of value and commodity.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Bloody computers.
I miss the days when 600 potatoes where worth a donkey and three apples

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gold is stupid as a wealth storage vessel. So if Bitcoin replaces it, then more of the same.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oil, at least for the past 170 years, has been paramount to the development and functioning of modern society.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
And you can keep answering if you get the answer wrong.
I didn’t know this. I am sweating when I’m answering questions with $1 on the line. I haven’t fucked up yet to realize you can just retake lmao

over the last month, doing shit here and there, I’ve raked in $50-75 doing those quizzes.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Someone I know is obsessed with crypto as of lets say 18 months ago now. Dropped as far as I can tell about $35k on mining gear and probably more in crpyto purchases. No doubt he'll walk away with more than he spent if all goes well, but I just can't see anyone making retirement money today if they don't pour in a truckload from the outset or bet 20k on a shitcoin that skyrockets. (Is that still a thing?)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Someone I know is obsessed with crypto as of lets say 18 months ago now. Dropped as far as I can tell about $35k on mining gear and probably more in crpyto purchases. No doubt he'll walk away with more than he spent if all goes well, but I just can't see anyone making retirement money today if they don't pour in a truckload from the outset or bet 20k on a shitcoin that skyrockets. (Is that still a thing?)

A billion dollars is four 10x trades away from 100k.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Blockchain tech can help the supply chain weed out the counterfeits . everything can benefit from higher end items, safety/credentials related items giving consumers a peace of mind . Certificate might just be piece of paper can easily be counterfeited , but with blockchain verification, It makes it one of kind .

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Yeah seriously. Can you believe a $4000 initial investment back in 2018 that I made is now $70000? Craziest part is I could have invested more.
what a great return
I think we get another split at some point to lower share price, that should attract more investors

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
what a great return
I think we get another split at some point to lower share price, that should attract more investors
P/e is about 400 if they can raise their earning , they can pull off the split maybe a 10/1 like Apple