The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
M, sorry to hear more COVID cases popping up.

Another agency has a sign on bonus for our staff. It’s a nice gesture, I suppose, it’s a pittance in the grand scheme of things, but eh.

I should get a job at a comic book store.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I finally got my COVID shots: the first one last month and the second a couple of days ago. The first one literally made my left arm feel like a lead weight for a few days but otherwise no biggie. However after the second shot...WOW! The doctor told me that I could develop flu-like symptoms and that I should rest, drink plenty of water and take ibuprofen if in pain. Kind of dismissed it but the following morning, it hit me with it all. Unfortunately I had to go into work but had to leave early because I felt so sick. Got home, went to sleep for about 6 hours. Overnight, I took a sleep aid and had a peaceful 12 hour sleep, woke up and I feel right as rain...as if nothing ever happened.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Fook me. I went in to get my 2nd weekly Covid test at noon, before my shift started, and another one of my coworkers, who just got tested ahead of me, came up positive for Covid. The infection control RN showed me the positive test, which is like a cardboard pregnancy test thing you put the giant Q-tip into, and it shows 2 bars if you've got Covid.

Then, later in the evening, a Catholic priest came and wanted to give a resident Communion. I said a'ight, but, you have to wear gloves when you do it. He refused and said particles of Jesus might get on the gloves and then he'd have to burn the gloves to purify them! What in the bloody blue fuck? I'm not Catholic, but, goddamn, that's some crazy shit! I radioed a nurse on my walkie talkie, to get a second opinion, and she said he had to wear gloves too, because he's handling food and then putting it in the resident's mouth. So, he left in a huff. I'm just M and all, but, shouldn't giving your sheep the body of Christ be more important than wearing latex gloves? Pretty sure they didn't have rubber gloves back in Jesus' day, so, not sure what part of the Bible he got that from?

When I came back in from the lobby, one of the residents, who'd been watching our interaction, told me that it looked to her like that man was going to attack me. I told her, nah, he's a priest, he wouldn't do that. Could you imagine though? M getting his ass kicked by a priest at the nursing home over crumbs of Jesus? Surely, that'd be thread of 2021 material?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fook me. I went in to get my 2nd weekly Covid test at noon, before my shift started, and another one of my coworkers, who just got tested ahead of me, came up positive for Covid. The infection control RN showed me the positive test, which is like a cardboard pregnancy test thing you put the giant Q-tip into, and it shows 2 bars if you've got Covid.

Then, later in the evening, a Catholic priest came and wanted to give a resident Communion. I said a'ight, but, you have to wear gloves when you do it. He refused and said particles of Jesus might get on the gloves and then he'd have to burn the gloves to purify them! What in the bloody blue fuck? I'm not Catholic, but, goddamn, that's some crazy shit! I radioed a nurse on my walkie talkie, to get a second opinion, and she said he had to wear gloves too, because he's handling food and then putting it in the resident's mouth. So, he left in a huff. I'm just M and all, but, shouldn't giving your sheep the body of Christ be more important than wearing latex gloves? Pretty sure they didn't have rubber gloves back in Jesus' day, so, not sure what part of the Bible he got that from?

When I came back in from the lobby, one of the residents, who'd been watching our interaction, told me that it looked to her like that man was going to attack me. I told her, nah, he's a priest, he wouldn't do that. Could you imagine though? M getting his ass kicked by a priest at the nursing home over crumbs of Jesus? Surely, that'd be thread of 2021 material?
Best story yet

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
M, is the story about the priest true? If so, that’s absolutely wild.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, the wafer is actually the body of Christ. The wine is actually the blood of Christ.

That is why myths of outsiders (mostly jews) torturing the wafers were considered to be so insidious.

@M

20 Year Member
M, is the story about the priest true? If so, that’s absolutely wild.
Yes, that actually happened. As usual, we were short-staffed, so, M got to play receptionist and visitor/employee doorkeeper/screener in addition to simultaneously doing my actual job. Nobody told me I had to, but, somebody does, we can't just let people sit in the lobby and not answer the phones.

I don't drink, but, man, even I wanted a few liters after last night. 😂

@M

20 Year Member
Yes, the wafer is actually the body of Christ. The wine is actually the blood of Christ.

That is why myths of outsiders (mostly jews) torturing the wafers were considered to be so insidious.
If a fellow's got nothing better to do than "torture" bread, he might want to look into taking up the hobby of pulling wings and legs off of insects, it'd probably be more rewarding.

Zamkir: "I lightly toasted the Son of God, stepped on Him, then allowed my dog to consume Him. Truly, mine cawk is hard as iron!"

Falish: "Amateur! I collected thy dog's feces afterwards, dried them in the sun, ground and made new bread from them, and served it to His true believers! Mine cawk can be used to hammer nails into crosses!"

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I had a friend of a friend tell me I have to think about the limitations of this friend when planning events because they aren't vaccinated. Uhh what? I didn't give it much thought, I really don't care about unvaccinated individuals choices, if the government mandates that it's required to enter a place of business then that's the rules. Sucks to be you pal.

Sure it's draconian to be forced but I really don't care, fuck you to the less than 5%.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had a friend of a friend tell me I have to think about the limitations of this friend when planning events because they aren't vaccinated. Uhh what? I didn't give it much thought, I really don't care about unvaccinated individuals choices, if the government mandates that it's required to enter a place of business then that's the rules. Sucks to be you pal.

Sure it's draconian to be forced but I really don't care, fuck you to the less than 5%.
You should let your friends know that you invited an unvaccinated friend. Months back I had a friend and his wife over for lunch and found out later they were unvaccinated (same couple that got covid afterwards). It was not a pleasing realization, and I would not have invited them if they were more honest about it.

let your friends decide if they want to get fucked or not.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
On the upside, one of our previous CNAs came back to work with us again. She's already certified, trained, and knows the facility and most of the residents, so, that's an ideal hire, as she was able to immediately go right back to work. IF we could get several more good ones to return like her, the short staffing hell would end. I just hope they don't burn her out with too many mandated 12-16 hour shifts or she'll say adios again.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lol @ Rodgers and his dipshit wife. ‘Taxi medicine.’

no shit the the pregnant women suffering from abject malnutrition are on the pica diet.
He should be fired for lying about being immunized, and endangering his teammates.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

no shit the the pregnant women suffering from abject malnutrition are on the pica diet.
He should be fired for lying about being immunized, and endangering his teammates.

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Not to mention all of his cushy endorsements are dropping him, especially American Family Insurance :shredder:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You really can't blame Rogers.

He has spent most of his career trying to measure up to the shitsack legend that is Bret Favre and this is just his latest attempt.

He had to do something.... Farve just got caught grifting half a million in welfare funds from the most needy state in the country.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ah okay, a millionaire who is anti-vax. How courageous of a stand when you can afford the best medical care in the world.