The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
They've just brought in boosters for the over 40s here, down from over 50s, so I'll be back in again in a month for a hit of the good stuff.
Vaccine rollout was really shit in my postcode as I only got my 2nd jab in early October. I guess I should be grateful - unintentional winter protection… woo.

I bet by Feb/March young 30 somethings like me will be entitled to a booster. So maybe I’ll get it in time for winter 2022…

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Vaccine rollout was really shit in my postcode as I only got my 2nd jab in early October. I guess I should be grateful - unintentional winter protection… woo.

I bet by Feb/March young 30 somethings like me will be entitled to a booster. So maybe I’ll get it in time for winter 2022…
If you survive another cold Scottish winter out in the woods at night, that is

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
We did the plexiglass divider for visits this summer for awhile too, STK. It worked okay, but, it was difficult for some of the residents to hear through it, so, maintenance installed a microphone & speaker too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We did the plexiglass divider for visits this summer for awhile too, STK. It worked okay, but, it was difficult for some of the residents to hear through it, so, maintenance installed a microphone & speaker too.
Yeah, we had to yell, and basically what ends up happening is the nurse standing next to the patient has to repeat everything, and the patient ends up having a conversation with the nurse.

@M

20 Year Member
Maintenance made two different designs too. One was just a big sheet of plexiglass, in a wooden frame, on wheels, the other was a smaller phone booth like structure. Sometimes we had to use cordless phones or cell phones when the residents couldn't hear normal conversations well through it. Kind of silly in retrospect, but, until new Covid cases in the community went down and the vaccines came out, we mostly did that, window visits, and video chats with family. It was the worst when residents were dying, from other causes, and family couldn't get in to see them much or at all.

@M

20 Year Member
Shit just got real, dawgs! Federal CMS guidelines are going to be enforced, EVERYBODY at my workplace has to get vaccinated now. First shot by Dec. 5th, second by Jan. 4th or you will be considered to have resigned and can fuck off (some of my co-workers said they will leave rather than get vaccinated). I got vaccinated back in Jan/Feb, so, I'm already good. I don't know if it'll hold up in court, but, Wasabi felt that it would based on precedents.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
And we all know what we need right now is fewer people willing to work in SNFs and other long term care facilities.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
And we all know what we need right now is fewer people willing to work in SNFs and other long term care facilities.

The system is going to break, yes.

Maybe I’ll get drunk and watch it burn.

@M

20 Year Member
My condolences for you on Dec 5th when half the staff doesn’t show up. Good riddance to them.
Only about 30% aren't vaccinated and I imagine some of those will value their employment enough to finally git er done, but, yes, we will lose some, and that's going to hurt in the short term. Fortunately, we've got that small army of travelling CNAs now to cushion those losses.

@M

20 Year Member
Sadly, the CNA that caused our recent outbreak at work, and the 3 residents who caught it, were ALL vaccinated.

The local nurses, including some from my job, are planning an anti-vaxxer rally now too.

My employer had to lock our online discussion thread about the vaccination mandate, it was becoming a N-G.com thread. 😂

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Why does this have laughing reactions

This post is as cringe as someone on Reddit making an edit to their post to ask why they’re being downvotes.

Sage you’ve got thicker skin then that.

I assume monkeys (such as myself) just hit emojiis at random.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This post is as cringe as someone on Reddit making an edit to their post to ask why they’re being downvotes.

Sage you’ve got thicker skin then that.

I assume monkeys (such as myself) just hit emojiis at random.
I'm not insulted, I'm legitimately confused Why people give it the laughing reaction. :lol:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The weirdest thing is seeing people on Facebook like posts about family members or friends dying. I’ve seen that multiple times.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When you go moe, I'll be there in person to give a thumbs up. None of this social media fakery.

Look pal, you’re not getting my switch games, so you can just forget about any dead man scoops

@M

20 Year Member
Another (vaccinated) resident tested positive, so, that wing of the facility was closed off again.

The really nasty thing, that didn't occur to me until this morning, is that the employees who won't get vaccinated and lose their jobs also will not get unemployment either, because our employer is classifying that as a resignation. (I asked my boss this morning and she confirmed that I was correct on that.)

One of the CNAs is our union rep and he said his phone was ringing off the hook yesterday and I can believe it!