Unported Playlist...all the unported arcade game videos moving forward

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
That wasn’t originally a Ghostbuster game in Japan I believe so they were shoehorning the license in. It did get Euro computer ports, wonder why it never came to the US. Also I wonder if Slimers name in Japan translates to green ghost maybe?

I grew up playing the Activision Commodore 64 version at friend’s houses. I was so excited when they announced the NES version and I asked for it for Christmas as I didn’t have a C64 and was so disappointed. I was never a fan of the platform and gun Genesis version either. later I got the Master System version and that will always be my favorite version of the Activision or any Ghostbusters game.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
That wasn’t originally a Ghostbuster game in Japan I believe so they were shoehorning the license in. It did get Euro computer ports, wonder why it never came to the US. Also I wonder if Slimers name in Japan translates to green ghost maybe?

I grew up playing the Activision Commodore 64 version at friend’s houses. I was so excited when they announced the NES version and I asked for it for Christmas as I didn’t have a C64 and was so disappointed. I was never a fan of the platform and gun Genesis version either. later I got the Master System version and that will always be my favorite version of the Activision or any Ghostbusters game.
haha yeah I knew it was ported to some euro PC's. Some people get so mad in the comments when I show a game that technically does have a port even if I consider it "inferior". Like I am breaking someome's rules other than my own lol

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

a dumb rare games that's actually both FUN and rare

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Love Power Instinct. Got the chance to play 5 at a localish Round 1 this yearthat also had Salamander 2 no less. I still play 1 on the SNES, 2 on the PS1 and Matrimelee once in a while, I just played 2 last week. White Buffalo always gives me a hard time.

That monkey shooter definitely looks like fun, shame that didn’t get ported by I guess it’s too quirky.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Love Power Instinct. Got the chance to play 5 at a localish Round 1 this yearthat also had Salamander 2 no less. I still play 1 on the SNES, 2 on the PS1 and Matrimelee once in a while, I just played 2 last week. White Buffalo always gives me a hard time.

That monkey shooter definitely looks like fun, shame that didn’t get ported by I guess it’s too quirky.
I just got Power Instinct V on an OG Type X2 board. Had to have it on "real hardware" even if its just a PC in a box. Well that and I mean if I have Type X2 hardware I can probably do a video series on it lol

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Rave Racer...not to be confused with Rage Racer...or Ridge Racer. Damn Namco confusing much?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I remember seeing a picture of that in Next Generation magazine, and I thought it looked heads and above the PSX at the time225B8D13-3290-44E8-A336-74F3454CF2C2.jpegthe world needs another Ridge Racer

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I do love the Type X as it's both fun hardware to collect for AND easy to run on Windows lol