Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Can't believe i sat through the entire Legend Of Sucksess Joe episode. That is a credit to you Alec, cause that game is total ass.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hobo CD version comes out on top. No mailing it back to get the chips reflashed ha.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I was wondering if they had a romzorz of the Neo CD version. I'd happily buy that for the SD loader but I didn't find it anywhere on their site.

Really don't want to mess with international shipping right now...

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
@ Neo Alec, i love your content and as great as Xeno Crisis is, id rather see more reviews on the remaining Neo library. When can we expect a new episode on the next catalogued game?

Btw, keep up the great work with the channel.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Still better than to $40 and having that than the 299 pound aes/mvs that doesnt even work on all versions.
Yeah, that's why I reccomend it, but I don't know if it "comes out on top."
@ Neo Alec, i love your content and as great as Xeno Crisis is, id rather see more reviews on the remaining Neo library. When can we expect a new episode on the next catalogued game?

Btw, keep up the great work with the channel.
I don't know when you can expect it. I started writing it before Xeno Crisis shipped, and then it went on hold. I also have two other videos I'm working on that may go in front of it. I am busier than ever these days, so the late nights and weekends spent on these is pretty crazy. I give the videos an unhealthy priority in my spare time. So if I don't quit, the next video will come out when I decide I want to put time into it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nice video. Should be verify helpful for non-hardcore collectors, or those just getting into the hobby.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I posted a perfectly legit post here saying I was gonna watch this... where is it gone??? Anyway, great video as always Alec

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I posted a perfectly legit post here saying I was gonna watch this... where is it gone??? Anyway, great video as always Alec
lol I spammed the boots board with this too. You replied to that other post. Thanks.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
lol I spammed the boots board with this too. You replied to that other post. Thanks.
Oof thats what it was so :) I only ever managed to get stung with one boot in my time. Ba*stard promised me it was legit. It was only a Puzzle Bobble and I ended up getting a legit one thrown into a deal with a few other carts. Kept the boot just to have it. Actually, I tihnk it was a conversion of World Heroes Jet. It almost certainly had WHJ roms in there. Cant understand why Puzzle Bobble would be worth destroying a Jet cart for.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Cant understand why Puzzle Bobble would be worth destroying a Jet cart for.
It was worth it, when WHJ wasn't selling much or it was a bit old, and Puzzle Bobble was making operators lots of money. Of course now we think as gamers and collectors, but back then it was only a matter of earnings (that's why Puzzle Bobble is by far the most bootlegged Neo game, as far as I know, alongside various KoF hacks) ;)

BTW, great video, NeoAlec!

Last edited:

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Alec, would you consider doing a documentary type video on the whole NGF thing? Get a bit into the history of the communities surrounding the scene too maybe? Honestly it would be a nice thing to see documented. Just watched your last video recently, nice stuff.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Alec, would you consider doing a documentary type video on the whole NGF thing? Get a bit into the history of the communities surrounding the scene too maybe? Honestly it would be a nice thing to see documented. Just watched your last video recently, nice stuff.
Thanks. I'm sorry, I know you're talking about a separate self-contained video, but honestly it's the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do. The drama BS in the English-speaking fan community has nothing to do with Neo Geo and its games. It was the furthest thing from anybody at SNK's mind while they were creating games there. I wish people would stop bumping threads about it and just move on so we can all heal. You won't hear me mentioning it in any of my videos. My goal is to make Neo Geo accessible and approachable for everyone, presenting the games as they are and they were, without any of the baggage swirling around it online, which tends to put newcomers off. I think I've been successful so far.

I realize that teh drama was an essential ingredient for many, but it's just not for me.

Last edited:

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Thanks. I'm sorry, I know you're talking about a separate self-contained video, but honestly it's the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do. The drama BS in the English-speaking fan community has nothing to do with Neo Geo and its games. It was the furthest thing from anybody at SNK's mind while they were creating games there. I wish people would stop bumping threads about it and just move on so we can all heal. You won't hear me mentioning it in any of my videos. My goal is to make Neo Geo accessible and approachable for everyone, presenting the games as they are and they were, without any of the baggage swirling around it online, which tends to put newcomers off. I think I've been successful so far.

I realize that teh drama was an essential ingredient for many, but it's just not for me.
I see and I fully understand your decision and can respect it. I wouldn't want your channel to be getting negative attention because of it or instigate even more drama and conflict in the community.

I was more so suggesting this from a neutral historical point of view, similar to how people cover more controversial parts regarding SEGA's history or some other online communities like those around mugen. Like it or not, it is part of the Neo's history and part of healing is taking it in, accepting it for what it was and then moving on. I wouldn't have wanted it to distract from the games either, but imo it could've worked as a separate video, tho again I get your point of view too and you know better than anyone what is best for your channel.

Anyway, thank you for addressing my question even if tired of hearing it and best of luck with your future videos, I'll be sure to keep on watching.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's not part of the Neo's history. It was an obscene sideshow that has nothing to do with Neo Geo.

Another thought...

There were some who dedicated themselves to exposing the lies of NGF, and that's a good thing.

There are probably other Youtubers better suited to make a video like that, and I would watch it. I'm no expert on their crimes, and would have to study a lot. Anyway, I'm not interested.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's not part of the Neo's history. It was an obscene sideshow that has nothing to do with Neo Geo.

Another thought...

There were some who dedicated themselves to exposing the lies of NGF, and that's a good thing.

There are probably other Youtubers better suited to make a video like that, and I would watch it. I'm no expert on their crimes, and would have to study a lot. Anyway, I'm not interested.
I would love to see someone cover the history of the Neo scene back in the very late 90s, early 00s when that was all kicking off (peak drama), but I think anyone brave enough to do so would need a good lawyer to vet the content first lest they want to be sued for libel... and I would not put it past Dion to sue if a youtuber did such a piece.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Dion wouldn't have shit on anyone. His antics have been documented so much that no lawyer would touch him. If anything Dion's lucky so few of us are around that remembers the slimy shit he did to fuck over this hobby.

Oh let's not forget his partner in crime Chris Ray. Shawn alone has enough shit on him along with Jeff Kurtz to turn his asshole inside out.

Edit: I know the NGF Bible is around out there somewhere if anyone wants to find it. It was something I wrote from Gui_Long's original documentation and cleaned up to a more "readable" format. lol

2nd Edit: Found it.

http://mpatard1.free.fr/neogeofreaks/The_NGF_Bible.html Some screenshots included. lol

Last edited: