The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
For nearly 2 years it's been lockdown after lockdown, decimation of the local and hence national economy and fostered a toxic social situation. Now the tables have turned, no more lockdowns and a 'live with it' agenda. What a rollercoaster... Can I just go back to 2019 please?

Hey, at least one dude won't get to play tennis.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Got my kids vaccinated. Stressed every time I hear some vaccine conspiracy theory now. Didn't bother me when it was me, but now that it's my kids, I'm worried.

My brother in law, sister in law and her family, and one of our pastors got it. I'm anticipating a much smaller class on Friday, or kids going home asap, as we should all get our Tuesday test results sometime today.

I thought Omicron was supposed to be pretty mild, but my parent's pastor friend was in the icu on life support, and they told his wife he wouldn't make it through the night. 3 days later he's back in a regular room, but I'm guessing he was about as close as you can get without dying. The doctor told them, "People just don't get better once they get to that point." My mom said they weren't vaccinated.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
This kind of harassment is certainly something a moderator should be addressing, nor do I understand why anyone would approve a member with a racist username like that to begin with.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Dude I might take the piss but that’s actually horrible - fuck that racist scum

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This kind of harassment is certainly something a moderator should be addressing, nor do I understand why anyone would approve a member with a racist username like that to begin with.
KLOV has/had looser rules on new accounts.

He was already banned here, booted from KLOV (no I didn't report him), created a new account, went on a meltdown while sending me lynching pictures and threats, then IP banned from KLOV.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But the idea that children are not significant vectors for infection spread isn't a possibility you're willing to consider right?

Just remember that any real world data are looking at regarding pediatric-Covid vectors is using the covid era as a baseline.

But the baseline is not normal.

PedFlu20_small.gif

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My wife text me to say the kid's play date with their best friends got cancelled because their family all got it. Her dentists appointment today got cancelled, because someone in the office got it and everyone was exposed. Then she got a letter from the school saying one of the students in my daughter's class lost one of their parents to covid over break.

So tired of this shit.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My office has given people the option work entirely remotely until the end of January.

It’s hard for me to work from home though so I’ve still been coming in, but it’s nice, pretty much no one around.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I think I'm going to stop wearing a mask anymore unless I have to.
#1 I'm about the only one ever wearing one and makes me look like more of a weirdo.
#2 This variant is so contagious unless you wear a higher grade mask it pretty much does nothing. I have them and it makes me look even more like a weirdo.
#3 Everybody is going to get it anyways now and they need to get it for herd immunity. Nothing else has worked and It needs to happen soon too before if mutates again to a more deadly strain.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
#1 I'm about the only one ever wearing one and makes me look like more of a weirdo.
#2 This variant is so contagious unless you wear a higher grade mask it pretty much does nothing. I have them and it makes me look even more like a weirdo.
#3 Everybody is going to get it anyways now and they need to get herd immunity. Nothing else has worked and It needs to happen soon too before if mutates again to one more deadly strain.
I like wearing a mask because it gives a "dont fuckin talk to me" vibe. Plus ive got like 4 different TMNT ones and they're cool. Lmao

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
#3 Everybody is going to get it anyways now and they need to get herd immunity. Nothing else has worked and It needs to happen soon too before if mutates again to one more deadly strain.
I'll say this:

alive weirdo > dead average joe

Do whatever you feel is right, who cares what you look like.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If there are people not wearing a mask, I wear a valved N95.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Mask compliance is pretty high around here. Even the white people are starting to wear masks again. By the middle of the summer, the only people wearing masks were non-white.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Mask compliance is pretty high around here. Even the white people are starting to wear masks again. By the middle of the summer, the only people wearing masks were non-white.
Kill whitey?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I went to the nice grocery store the other day and it was still only about 50% masks.

I think it’s a bit because of where I move. If I go more towards Sacramento I’d expect higher compliance.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I went to the nice grocery store the other day and it was still only about 50% masks.

I think it’s a bit because of where I move. If I go more towards Sacramento I’d expect higher compliance.
Where'd you move? Up here, everyone in a store will have a mask on. In Stockton ,when we traveled for kids sports, there we're very few masks. In Reno people gave us funny looks, but were still nice! When the people from Stockton came here, they were really rude and were refusing to wear masks. They had to stop the games and make announcements. Their coaches were standing on the benches yelling that the ice arena didn't have the right to tell them what to do....lol. Their fans were yelling at our kid's patents, like they had something to do with it. I feel like if you want to come into someone's place of business, you need to follow their rules.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I only wear masks at work and hospitals now, because it's required. I've been vaccinated and boosted and I get tested twice a week at work. Before I was vaccinated, I wore them everywhere except when I was out for a walk by myself.