The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I still wear masks everywhere I go.

I got my booster in early Septemeber. I think I heard they are even offering secondary boosters to the elderly and immuno-compromised...or maybe I misunderstood?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I went to the nice grocery store the other day and it was still only about 50% masks.

If that is the case then there is no point in wearing anything other than a high filtration mask.

Wear a high filtration mask (N95/K94/KN95) with a valve for comfort.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My wife text me to say the kid's play date with their best friends got cancelled because their family all got it. Her dentists appointment today got cancelled, because someone in the office got it and everyone was exposed. Then she got a letter from the school saying one of the students in my daughter's class lost one of their parents to covid over break.

So tired of this shit.
My 5 year old was invited to a pool birthday party. We are trying to weight it out.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Face to face is too risky, drive thru is the way forwards

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If that is the case then there is no point in wearing anything other than a high filtration mask.

Wear a high filtration mask (N95/K94/KN95) with a valve for comfort.

This is the truth people dont understand. Masks only work if everyone uses them.
The best analogy I saw even though not technically accurate :

3EcrgXYFRQNq2MJ81rNw5fIHFz3FMcKcc1JkRHuiBWc.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My 5 year old was invited to a pool birthday party. We are trying to weight it out.
The place we're going will have everyone wearing a mask indoors and only our group will be in the outside eating area. I doubt my wife would go for a pool party because nobody is wearing a mask in the pool, but then again, it's outdoors.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've been taking the kids to their swimming lessons through all of this, I kind of felt all the chlorine in the water and air might help things. Nothing more than bro science though.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Boss just texted me that our hairdresser has Covid now too. She only comes in on Mondays though, so, that's not as bad as a nurse or CNA. Hopefully, she wasn't contagious yet when she was in the facility doing hair earlier this week, as she had a LOT of close contact with residents during her stay.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm positive I could count on one hand the number of people I see wearing a mask in a week.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
We just got a call from my kid's school. Now my daughter got exposed at lunch and is on a 10 day quarantine. I'm so fucking mad, but I'm trying to keep cool around here so my wife doesn't pull our kids out of school.

• Sad
Reactions: wyo

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I've been taking the kids to their swimming lessons through all of this, I kind of felt all the chlorine in the water and air might help things. Nothing more than bro science though.

I remember hearing that at the beginning of all of this. That it wouldn't spread in pools. I think swimming lessons might be a little more structured than a birthday party at open swim though.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Chinese dude, in one of my FB groups, advised me to try to only order from sellers in Guangdong province on AliExpress, due to pocket virus outbreaks elsewhere. The place has dong in it's name, so that sounds like solid advice. 😉 (I just order, I don't give a shart what province it comes from). I'm more concerned about local Covid outbreaks, especially at work, than if somebody in China sneezed on my fake LEGOs. 😂

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Production cost for Chinese mask are 15 cent Chinese so approximately 2 cent usd . And some where in Cyprus the have a new version call deltacon …

i got a positive test on COVID. on Dec 27 my nostrils feel like it burning so went for a test the next day . it like a flu , stuffy nose and a little bit of fatigue other then that everything seem normal .

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Is she not fully vaxxed yet?

She was supposed to get her second dose this coming Thursday.
Maybe I'll produce a graph.

I mean... it isn't. But sure.
It is here. Everyone here has to wear masks inside places here now. So, to me, not seeing 5 sounds crazy. I see 10 masks just driving through the parking lot to get to the store.

I just found out my brother's whole family has it. They don't take any precautions though, so I was surprised it took this long. They said they just feel like they have a little cold, but I doubt his kids are vaccinated.

We've been on the extreme end of careful, but it only took one person who caught it and decided it was cool to send their kid to school without testing them first, to put my whole family at risk anyways.

I hate that my daughter has to go through this because someone else didn't give a fuck about other people.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
It’s odd that a lot of people were saying all the unvaccinated we’re gonna be super spreaders and kill everyones kids. Now the vaccinated are the super spreaders and gonna kill all the kids. Data from Ontario Canada shows that vaccinated people are getting it 5 to 1. Dropping dead of heart attacks and suffering from myocarditis. Vaers reports 20k dead and 35k disabled from the vaccine. 80% of vaers is dr and nurse reported. The Omnicron variant is resistant to both shots and a booster. A 43 year old guitar player from a local band here in Rochester NY just died of it last week. Two shots and the booster didn’t help him with whatever variant he had. 253 nurses from one hospital in Rochester NY are currently out with Covid all of them vaccinated. CDC has taken down isolation protocol to 5 days from 10 originally 14. This makes sense only to spread it more especially Considering the faith we have in the human race. Omnicron is so contagious If you isolate in the same house chances are the whole house is going to get it.