The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Did you just calculate that omicron has a similar risk of death as flu then call yourself fucking stupid? Sorry dude, I think I'm losing track of what you're trying to say.
yeah im glad im not the only one. that post made zero fucking sense

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The virus appears to already be burning out in major metro areas.
Faster than I would have guessed.
Hopefully it still spreads out to more rural areas and does it before it mutates again possibly becoming more deadly again.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Faster than I would have guessed.
I love this shit. I love when someone goes on a long panic "WE'RE FUCKED, PPL ARE FUCKING DEAD, THE BODY COUNT DOESNT STOP AND IT WONT FOR 10 YEARS!!!! " and then when shit turns out to not be an apocalypse, they write "Hmm wow"

I first enjoyed this feeling when everyone was doom-posting about how long it would take to make a vaccine. Shit was available in an orderly, timely fashion in less than a year or whatever. More "hhmm wow vaccine happened faster than i would have guessed"

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Infection control RN at work just posted this:
IMG_20220119_140038.jpg
I'm guessing some unvaccinated Michigan peeps are going to argue that forcing them to wear N95s is discrimination, visually identifying them as unvaccinated, etc. and this will be revoked too...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm on the front lines of this, (Grocery), I wash my hands, keep my distance and wear masks, up to date of vaccines and boosters through work, and I only got it around Feb-Mar. of 2020 and didn't have the taste side effect, but everything else, including shortness of breath. I'm cautious, but still live my life, I've been to a Front 242 concert and a play and haven't gotten it since. I don't go out unless I have to. I only know what I experience first-hand.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Infection control RN at work just posted this:
View attachment 55281
I'm guessing some unvaccinated Michigan peeps are going to argue that forcing them to wear N95s is discrimination, visually identifying them as unvaccinated, etc. and this will be revoked too...
Everyone in healthcare facilities should be using an FDA approved mask.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I love this shit. I love when someone goes on a long panic "WE'RE FUCKED, PPL ARE FUCKING DEAD, THE BODY COUNT DOESNT STOP AND IT WONT FOR 10 YEARS!!!! " and then when shit turns out to not be an apocalypse, they write "Hmm wow"

I first enjoyed this feeling when everyone was doom-posting about how long it would take to make a vaccine. Shit was available in an orderly, timely fashion in less than a year or whatever. More "hhmm wow vaccine happened faster than i would have guessed"
I was saying a couple weeks ago I think its going to burn out in the next few months. Let it rip. Let the new variant spread. I don't even think it's worth me wearing a mask anymore especially being fully vaccinated. So yeah move that up a couple weeks. I hope by April it's declared an epidemic from a pandemic.

Originally I thought it was crazy how the stock market seemed to price it like it was going to be a couple month long thing but I made travel plans for the end of 2020 that I had to cancel. I didn't think they were going to be able to make a vaccine that totally cured the virus like polio and it would need boosters like a flu shot does and it was a stupid idea to just let it run rampant to try and get immunity that would only last a few months to a year. Turns out a bunch of those immunity people didn't want to get a vaccine anyways.

Humanity lucked out that this omicron variant turned out to be week-sauce so far. If this shit started out as captain trips we would have all been dead in a week or two.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
we would have all been dead in a week or two.
See you sound kind of well-adjusted for the most part in your post (aside from your run-on sentences and refusal to use commas ) then you say that. That isn't true. That's the panic doom part of your brain talking.

I don't think that this shit is a hoax or anything, but this 'pandemic' is mostly a perspective thing, and perspectives can be manipulated easily by fear and selective data reporting, and straight up lying to push an agenda "for the greater good" and I see it happen in all aspects of life, not just the pandemic. That's why I have remained neutral / skeptical about this COVID thing from the ground up when it comes to social issues and control.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Humanity lucked out that this omicron variant turned out to be week-sauce so far. If this shit started out as captain trips we would have all been dead in a week or two.
I think I disagree on this.

When this shit originally hit people reacted like there was a good chance this was going to kill them. When people realised that this wasn't necessarily the case they altered their behaviour accordingly. If they had seen people dying all around them they would have altered their behaviour in other ways. The lockdown here, both times, well preceded the government announcement that people had to change how they live.

Frankly I've been amazed at how well people have reacted.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Captain Trips is the virus from Stephen Kings The Stand

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm on the front lines of this, (Grocery)
Get a better fucking job. You're 45.

Also it's not a war. There's no front line. You just have to do it because you didn't make any intelligent career choices whatsoever your whole entire life. Poor babe has to wear a mask, big fucking deal

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Get a better fucking job. You're 45.

Also it's not a war. There's no front line. You just have to do it because you didn't make any intelligent career choices whatsoever your whole entire life. Poor babe has to wear a mask, big fucking deal
He's a purchasing agent. Companies these days would rather have an algorithm or a hillbilly do it so they can save a few bucks this quarter and then go out of business in a few years.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What I do doesn't matter, it pays decent, it's union, it's honest work, it has a flexible schedule with I need. I interact with the public on a daily basis so I pay attention to COVID. I'd rather work from home like everybody else, but that's not possible right now. If you have the booster it's not deadly. I have loved ones that are immunocompromised too, so I have to be careful.

Reactions: wyo

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
What I do doesn't matter, it pays decent, it's union, it's honest work, it has a flexible schedule with I need. I interact with the public on a daily basis so I pay attention to COVID. I'd rather work from home like everybody else, but that's not possible right now. If you have the booster it's not deadly. I have loved ones that are immunocompromised too, so I have to be careful.
Dude, at 45, working in a grocery store, whatever they are paying you is not decent. Then again you are pretty much an actual retard but I prefer not to hold the mentally disabled to lower standards.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Dude, at 45, working in a grocery store, whatever they are paying you is not decent. Then again you are pretty much an actual retard but I prefer not to hold the mentally disabled to lower standards.

In fairness to Greg, he probably makes more than me.