Microsoft buying Activision blizzard for 68.7 billion

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
The amount of money that gets handed over in deals like that is just bizarre.

Doesn't really help to keep up diversity, eh.
It doesn't but I don't see the government stepping in on this one seeing as they've let some companies in the recent years get away with near monopolies before.

As far as buying Nintendo that's not gonna happen. Japanese companies are a bit... xenophobic about letting themselves being bought out.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
video games suck anyway
I think it's just a lot of companies that made Video games suck more then anything these days. Multi-Billion dollar games rushed out the door full of bugs & other worthless crap.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is true. My brother-in-law used to work for Zynga. He told me some people rack up thousands of dollars a year on some of these dumb games.

I played one of those city defense games for a while, and people on my team would talk about blowing $1000+ a month.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As far as buying Nintendo that's not gonna happen. Japanese companies are a bit... xenophobic about letting themselves being bought out.

Because nobody wants to open thier books and reveal the Yakuza stake.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My son is trying to get me to buy an xbox now, just for future COD games. He just got Vanguard for Christmas. I'm guessing those servers will still be up for a while. I told him "no" anyways, Lol. Honestly, my kids don't really touch the ps5. They both like the ps4 better.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Aren't there like a million Call of Duty Games? Aren't they all pretty much the same?

Hairlesswookiee

just another sazae fake account
I'm not gonna say I really care one way or the other but I did find it a little humorous that so many people criticized the Xbox consoles for not having any exclusive titles, now this happens and suddenly there's a lot of buzz about MS running a monopoly and Sony's future is doomed. I will find it great if it stops or at least slows down the annual releases/retreads of the call of duty games and the sports releases. I don't typically buy sports games anyways, but I will buy a call of duty game every once in a while because I have family and friends that play online.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Aren't there like a million Call of Duty Games? Aren't they all pretty much the same?

Yes. There are like a million ______ Games. Fill in the blank, it will be pretty much true for anything that sold well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

There has been One every year so nice 2007.

They games are developed in 2 year cycles. Treyarch releases a CoD one year and Infinity Wars releases a CoD the next and repeat.

Frankly they’re all pretty bad.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The trick it’s to repackage it then reselled to a younger gen of gamers , and can see the nft / metaverse market in gaming will be like wow and diablo special items in game are brought and sold in the game. Huge money potential in mmrpg .

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There has been One every year so nice 2007.

They games are developed in 2 year cycles. Treyarch releases a CoD one year and Infinity Wars releases a CoD the next and repeat.

Frankly they’re all pretty bad.

I've never played one.

I just know that there are a ton of them and they don't resell very well.

I've bought collections where the person had seems like every call of duty game, every far cry, every ATV game (How many ATV games do they make?).

My collection is mostly niche games that retailed for $25 new (or recently new) and end up selling for that or more 10 yeas down the road. Fuck I wish I hung onto LA Machine Guns on wii.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It doesn't but I don't see the government stepping in on this one seeing as they've let some companies in the recent years get away with near monopolies before.

I'm very much against the gov fucking with the markets but that doesn't mean I appreciate what's going on at the moment. I just hope that the current FPS dominance will be broken one day, it's all so samey to me that I don't know what to try anymore.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
FPS dominance ended a decade ago. Every game now is a third-person open-world action game with RPG elements (aka Sony's entire library of games). Or the indie games which are 90% Metroidvanias and rogue-lites/likes with fucking cards.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I guess 'big news' means different things to different people. I saw this news on my feed yesterday and "huh, well what do you know?" was the gist of my reaction as I promptly moved to the next article.
Now when I saw an article informing me that Gleylancer was coming to Switch in October for $7, I was like "STOP THE PRESSES!".
Gleylancer on the switch was amazing. One of my favorite games last year. I never imported MD games back in the day, so that game was always one I read about and thought looked cool, but was never able to play. Great variety in level design and ship/weapon choices, and the anime cut scenes reminded me of Macross/Robotech. I thought it was awesome.

As for this new MS acquisition, I mean they wouldn't have ponied up that much cash unless they thought this would make them tons of money in the future. I know they've been pushing their gamepass thing for a while now, and I'd imagine stuff like new CoD games with exclusive/early content and the WoW and other mmo type games being on there would bring a lot of new users into their platform. Or maybe they've got something new planned, who knows. But when they bought Rare or literally any other big game company purchase, it was nothing like this. This is just stupid money, so they have to have some big plans in store.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I've never played one.

I just know that there are a ton of them and they don't resell very well.

I've bought collections where the person had seems like every call of duty game, every far cry, every ATV game (How many ATV games do they make?).

My collection is mostly niche games that retailed for $25 new (or recently new) and end up selling for that or more 10 yeas down the road. Fuck I wish I hung onto LA Machine Guns on wii.
KYS fat white trash sifting shit stain.